Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

GTX 960 FPS issue

varqel

Question

Hey everyone. I made this new post because the issue persist and i have it in any map, also a friend of mine has an laptop with an 940m and has constant 60 fps at max while i have frame drops till 40 at max. Yes his resolution is 1366x768 while i have 1440x900, but because i have an 960 4gb i shouldn't  have any problem. 

In games like The Witcher 3 at max i have 45 - 55 fps, GTA V 60 - 75 fps. Also in Heaven Benchmark with everything maxed i have average fps 58. So is clear that the issue is with the game or with something else? Thanks in advance :)

17 answers to this question

I really want to know what might cause this. T_T I didn't change anything in nvidia control panel beside power management, which i put on "prefer maxim performance". My CPU is an i5 2500k OC at 4ghz, as motherboard i have an AsRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3. I dont have an SSD tho.

Edited by varqel

Make sure you have the latest Nvidia drivers (available from Nvidia.com). You should also check your launcher settings and make sure that the game is running in 64-bit mode with multi-threaded rendering and DirectX 11 enabled.4b12ef4612b7337e1f60ecffb64f9c33.png 

Also, try closing down any background applications that may be running at the same time.

I also highly recommend using the Core Unparking utility I go over in this thread: 

A lot of users (especially those with laptops) have reported massive performance increases after unparking their CPU cores. Intel CPUs are especially notorious for core parking.

Your system seems good enough for running warframe at max in full hd, having a regular HDD shouldnt represent a problem.

make sure you have fully updated drivers (graphics, cpu and everything else)

also try resetting everything to default in Nvidia panel, optimize game in Nvidia experience app and make sure you dont have conservative power options on.

and if nothing else helps out, try installing razr cortex. Its a program that kills useless stuff in background when running a game. If that one helps out you have to make sure you dont have malicious software running on your pc

12 minutes ago, varqel said:

I really want to know what might cause this. T_T I didn't change anything in nvidia control panel beside power management, which i put on "prefer maxim performance". My CPU is an i5 2500k OC at 4ghz, as motherboard i have an AsRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3. I dont have an SSD tho.

With your specs you shouldn't be having trouble. Is everything up to date? Are they old parts?

Do a verify and optimize through the launcher. Sometimes it does nothing, sometimes it works wonders. 
Just, whatever you do, don't verify the game through Steam.

5 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Yes, but the actual Warframe launcher has verify and optimize options. Use 'em. Just don't verify the game through Steam.

Oh, I didn't. I will use that Optimize option right now. :) i used Manage Parked CPU software, i had two things there Parked :D 
Forgot to mention but i don't think its important. I use two monitors, one DVI-I and one VGA with an DVI-D adapter. But until the windows boots to where i put the password my second monitor is the one that display MB and windows logo. After that my monitor that is set as primary monitor displays and after that both are showing the desktop. Sry for my english T_T

Edited by varqel

12 minutes ago, varqel said:

Oh, I didn't. I will use that Optimize option right now. :) i used Manage Parked CPU software, i had two things there Parked :D 
Forgot to mention but i don't think its important. I use two monitors, one DVI-I and one VGA with an DVI-D adapter. But until the windows boots to where i put the password my second monitor is the one that display MB and windows logo. After that my monitor that is set as primary monitor displays and after that both are showing the desktop. Sry for my english T_T

I run with a 1GB AMD 7750 HD, 3.00 Ghz and a HDD. I max all settings and get 60FPS, you should have zero issue locking to 60FPS most of the time.

Just wait for the optimise to finish and run a few missions.

Ok, this time instead of 40 fps drops i have most of the time like 90% (in draco where i made the test) 47 - 53 fps.
Now im going to the razer software to see if i get better results, if not, im going to do an windows clean install :)
Thanks for much for the help everyone :3

EDIT: No better results. T_T And 5 months ago when i had an 560 TI i didn't have this issue :)) Time to re-install the windows :D

Edited by varqel

30 minutes ago, varqel said:

Ok, this time instead of 40 fps drops i have most of the time like 90% (in draco where i made the test) 47 - 53 fps.
Now im going to the razer software to see if i get better results, if not, im going to do an windows clean install :)
Thanks for much for the help everyone :3

What did you do to get that? Was it the optimization? Might help people with the issue in the future if you can specify.

Also your English is fine. People worry about that too much. If you can be understood, you don't have to apologise.

11 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

What did you do to get that? Was it the optimization? Might help people with the issue in the future if you can specify.

Also your English is fine. People worry about that too much. If you can be understood, you don't have to apologise.

I used optimization and a software called Unpark CPU App :)

Im back. I made an windows clean install, wiping everything from HDD and i still have 47 FPS when there are a lot of mobs and skill spamming. (example wave 40 in T3 Def). I saw that if i put the FOV to normal value the lowest FPS in this scenarios is 55, but i cant play with that FOV. Still, im playing on 1440x900 so im pretty sure i shouldn't have below 60 or even 75 fps, right? I think i will make a ticket to DE tho. Also i have the video card boost core clock at 1517.

Edited by varqel

On 18/6/2016 at 11:52 AM, varqel said:

Im back. I made an windows clean install, wiping everything from HDD and i still have 47 FPS when there are a lot of mobs and skill spamming. (example wave 40 in T3 Def). I saw that if i put the FOV to normal value the lowest FPS in this scenarios is 55, but i cant play with that FOV. Still, im playing on 1440x900 so im pretty sure i shouldn't have below 60 or even 75 fps, right? I think i will make a ticket to DE tho. Also i have the video card boost core clock at 1517.

Varqel i am in the same situation that you..

I speak spanish but i must speak English because this thread and area is for English

I have got GTX 960

Amd phenom II 945 X4

8 GB ram

Running on win 7

I reinstalled the Win 7 weeks ago and then i installed this game, and then when i am in the nave or main screen, im getting 140fps. When i start playing  i get 80-120 fps but at the time where there are a lot of grinners, corpus, infested i got 30-50 fps... Thats annoying.. I have no way to solve this problem...

And now i gonna test using unpark cpu app, it might be a good choice, but anyway in theory having this graphic card should get MIN 60 fps.. its strange

How many cores has got ur processor? And try to increase the speed fan, sometimes it might work

PD: I am playing in 2560x1440 with all activated, high quality. but i have got the Anti -aliasing disabled.

PD2: Try using this tip: 

Right click on your desktop>Nvidia control panne Like>manage 3D settings (top left)>global settings tab> power management> change from adaptive to maximum performance

Another setting that can affect performance is DSR or Dynamic Super Resolution. You can also disable this in the global settings tab. DSR renders the game at a higher resolution and then downscales it to your resolution

Edited by Infraa

@Infraa I have an I5 2500k OC at 4ghz, it has 4 cores. The DSR is off and everything else beside power management which is on Prefer maximum performance is default.One thing i know now is that isnt my hardware or software at fault because I run the Witcher 3 at 50-60 fps :) with everything on Ultra beside shadows which is on medium :) if put them on ultra i have 40-50 fps.

Edited by varqel

19 hours ago, varqel said:

@Infraa I have an I5 2500k OC at 4ghz, it has 4 cores. The DSR is off and everything else beside power management which is on Prefer maximum performance is default.One thing i know now is that isnt my hardware or software at fault because I run the Witcher 3 at 50-60 fps :) with everything on Ultra beside shadows which is on medium :) if put them on ultra i have 40-50 fps.

Then the warframe is poorly optimized.. U have a very good proccesor. as far as i know this game doesnt use the Graphic card, or maybe use a bit, but it uses the CPU/Processor to 100%.

U can check that with hw monitor