Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hek sound changes

dodorichard

Question

Been using my Synoid Simulor a lot these days for farming run and wanted to add some forma to my Vaykor Hek. Went into a mission to use it and...wham! What the? Did they alter the sound effects of the Hek/Vaykor Hek?

Before it was a nice deep sounding blast and you could feel the enemies melting under you gun, now it has this high pitched crack and feel more like being screeched to death. I really dont like it, you guys notice this too?

8 answers to this question

They changed it recently

Hek Sound Changes

As widely requested, Hek’s original sound has been restored and our Sound Team has made it work with the new weapon sound tech.

Our Audio Director, [DE]George, has provided insight into why we changed the Hek sound originally here:   https://forums.warframe.com/topic/536444-hek-shooting-sound/?do=findComment&comment=7327137

Edited by williamsos10

The Hek and Vaykor Hek were reverted to their original sound effects.  The more muted 'thump' blast that you're familiar with was actually a change from the original sounds, which is the echoing thunder-crack it has now.

Honestly, I like the original sounds, and I'm glad the Heks were reverted back.  The Heks now once again have the thunderous, God-slamming-someone's-face-in-a-car-door boom that a gun of that strength should sound like, IMO.  If it sounds like screeching, then your speakers/headphones really aren't carrying the bass of the sound effect very well for some reason.

well now it should be almost impossible to get a stealth higher then 1 with it other then with banshee with her passive since the whole world can hear it. just think of it in space the people in ship might think they are under-attack from another ship. nope just a hek in the neighborhood.

30 minutes ago, Arkvold said:

The Hek and Vaykor Hek were reverted to their original sound effects.  The more muted 'thump' blast that you're familiar with was actually a change from the original sounds, which is the echoing thunder-crack it has now.

Honestly, I like the original sounds, and I'm glad the Heks were reverted back.  The Heks now once again have the thunderous, God-slamming-someone's-face-in-a-car-door boom that a gun of that strength should sound like, IMO.  If it sounds like screeching, then your speakers/headphones really aren't carrying the bass of the sound effect very well for some reason.

Echoing thunder crack? Sounds like someone banging on a tin roof. At least it still kills the same. Would be nice if in future, they gave us sound options so that we can choose what we hear out of the available versions. As for speaker settings... kinda hard to believe that, if they haven't changed before/after (across) the update. There was a definite bass change on the sound, at least to the human ear.

Edited by Raphaello
missed a comma

I'm with the OP on this one - the new/original sound is very "tinny" and high-pitched in a sense, compared to how it was. I much prefer the way it was, which was more of a bass boom. Kind of irritates me to use it now, and it's probably one of my top favourite primary weapons, so that sucks.

Well, I guess people know the weapon as it sounded "originally", I just started playing 4 months ago and didn't know the way the weapon sounded before. In all fairness I play with the built in speakers of my laptop and there is a marked difference when i put on my headphones.

I will give it another go with my headphones to see if its less "tinny", I guess I can get used to anything. Sound is the least complaint I have since the weapon is a murder god. If it sounds less than booming (in my opinion), its a small price to pay.