Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark-split sword mastery problems

the_xenoblader

Question

I've maxed my dark-split sword with the dual sword stance and it has been achived in my profile section,but with the "dark-hybrid sword dual" and "dark-hybrid sword single"...but why the dark-split sword section is still unleveled? i have to craft it again and use a heavy melee sword stance rather than a dual sword? 

15 answers to this question

I wouldn't worry about it right now. Sounds like they still need some work done on the background code that handles it. Probably have it listed in the code as 2 different weapons to handle the categories that are both linked to a 3rd one meant to represent the weapon overall.

The dual sword and the heavy blade one will probably become hidden and the "Hybrid" will represent mastery of it. That would be my guess, unless they have something special planned for it.

Edited by Maicael

I would suggest not to re-craft another sword, the following are my "findings".

I had re-crafted the sword as I had sold the original one upon mastery. The original weapon was used only with the dual sword stance. Therefore, a "mastered" Dark Hybrid Sword-Dual icon was on my mastery rank page. However, the Dark split sword icon was still in the"locked" state.

Therefore, I had chosen to re-craft another one, as mentioned previously I had sold the old one, and used it with a heavy blade stance.

After using (gaining affinity) the sword with a heavy blade stance, a new icon appeared and states Dark Hybrid Sword-Single.

Upon mastery of the "single", a new mastery icon appeared on the "single", while the Dark Split Sword slot was still locked.

I tried using a forma on the weapon and used it without a stance. This resulted in no change on my mastery page.

I then proceeded to fully ranked the forma added sword to level 30. This still had no effect on the mastery page.

I then sold the new sword again and re-crafted another new one and fully ranked it to level 30 again without using any stance. As before, no changes to the locked Dark Split sword icon. 

So my conclusion is that the coding of the Dark Split Sword on Mastery is not fully completed (broken),and this may be, as stated by Maicael, hopefully fixed in future patches.

Until then, do not do such stupid (expensive) experimenting as I do. Keep the sword if you think there may be need for future mastery.

ElementLEGO pretty much nailed the state of the Dark Split Sword mastery dilemma and also thought of the same solution to the scenario as I. Fortunately, found his/her discourse on the matter before undergoing the same rituals; thanks for saving me some heartburn! As of today (date of this particular post on this thread) mastery for the Dark Split Sword is still bugged and is not the first occurrence of such issue as I had similar instances with weapons prior and currently have twin entries for the Amesha Archwing. The problem will eventually get ironed out so just be patient I guess --we really have no other choice.