Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Story Behind Your Name

Chris9428

Jacate is not related to Jarate. I was trying to brain storm some names for my pseudonym which was meant to be simple and readable. Eventually i came up with Jacate, simple to type and read and at that time i didn't know what Jarate was.

Greetings all, figured I could share my short story here as well. Canoness Genevieve RaSera DeTylmarande here, and I decided to go with the title Canoness due to my love of the Adepta Sororitas as well as feeling it accurately depicts my love of the gun play in Warframe. DeTylmarande is a big deal for me as it is what my last name has been changed to leading up to my transition. I fell in love with the Half-Elf paladin so many years ago and she has been an inspiration to me ever since. My want to protect those around me by any means and the love I have for my traveling partners is also reflected through this name.

Greetings all, figured I could share my short story here as well. Canoness Genevieve RaSera DeTylmarande here, and I decided to go with the title Canoness due to my love of the Adepta Sororitas as well as feeling it accurately depicts my love of the gun play in Warframe.

OI! WHAT DIS HUME DOIN 'ERE?! BOYZ! GET TAH SMASHIN!

The "Devil of Midnight" is a personal mythos, and I was able to really flesh him out in Soul Calibur 5. He is a masked warrior who carries out the darkest deeds so that his people don't have to have it weighing against their own souls. His sworn, solemn duty is creating new hope through the destruction of evil. I played him originally under Cervantes, so Ash is a perfect fit for the mold.

Thanks Lotus! And Saryn's bewbs..

+1 good sir.

little more on topic:

my user name is really lame.

i studied quite a bit about alchemy back in the day and the philosophies behind many of the practices really drew me in and changed the way i looked at the world around me (yay hermeticism)... it only seemed fitting that i based my name around it.

sadly, i am not what you might call "creative", so i just went with the first thing that came to mind and slapped my initials on the end.

after the many years of using the name, ive grown attached to it... even if it is really lame.

Edited by alchemistjkt

Someone once sent me a song called "The Device Has Been Modified", and I liked it to the point to temporarily set my name to The Modified Device

Then shortened to TMDevice and then re-capitalized as TmDevice

It's short, unique, simple and doesn't have numbers, so I started using it on pretty much any site/game that requires an unique display name.

Besides, people call me Dev IRL too now thanks to that nickname :V

Edited by TmDevice

Rufus was actually a nickname I went by for a few years. I would also name my gaming avitars that frequently. When I enrolled in Xbox Live Rufus was taken so I added the xs and the number 7 which was my lucky number. From there I used it as my gamertag on the Playstation Network, Origin, Steam and now Warframe

Starting off, my first warframe was Excalibur, because he reminded me a lot of Kabuto from the Tokusatsu series Kamen Rider Kabuto  ; the name, Tendou Souji, translated as Path to Heaven, Ruler of All, is the name of the primary protagonist; it also sounds pretty close to Tenno :P

After figuring I needed a unique nickname, I had been using several different ones beforehand. I thought about a name that was original, Neyo came from Commander Neyo from the Star Wars universe, and because he was the coolest looking. Wargear came from what my version of Neyo was, some sort of cyborg created from serious battle wounds. This name is almost never taken, but I have several for when NeyoWargear doesn't fit in the universe.

That's my story.