Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My friend logging into my account to take login rewards

Get_In_The_Robot_Shinji

Question

13 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, _CJ_ said:

The question is, does it count as "boosting" which will get me banned? The reason being, that I have a lot of traveling In the summer, total of 45 days abroad without pc, which is almost one full reward.

Ah, well this is a very delicate matter, so I'm not 100% sure if this is right from wrong, a Mod will be able to tell you for sure. 

Well you're not supposed to share your account under any circumstance that isn't directly authorized by the devs so you might just get banned by posting this.

Alternatively I remember there was talk of an app you could use to claim login rewards without starting up warframe but I never looked into it. Perhaps someone who uses it can post about it.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

4 hours ago, _CJ_ said:

The question is, does it count as "boosting" which will get me banned? The reason being, that I have a lot of traveling In the summer, total of 45 days abroad without pc, which is almost one full reward.

It does, no one is supposed to use your account except you. Once they see the account logging in from a different IP address it will probably get flagged and if it continues to happen it will probably get banned (at least from what I have heard from others who had problems).

Either suck it up or risk a ban.

Obviously, if you do get banned for it, you can always contact support and try to explain the situation...

From personal experience: I often visit a friend for several days, and during that time we both log in from the same PC to collect dailies/do gifts of the lotus/etc, and I've never had any trouble. Then again, it's only for a few days at a time, and not 45 days straight. Obviously, if your friend doesn't play warframe, there shouldn't be much of an issue regarding the IP...

Then again, you would really, really need to trust your friend, and know him/her irl, not just some random guy over the internet.

Could you maybe arrange for a family member to log you in and collect the rewards while you're out? Do you have a laptop that you could take along with you? WF doesn't take much to run with minimal settings, and you aren't going to play with it anyway.

Account sharing seems to be forbidden under the TOS.

From Section 3, Account of the Terms of Service Document:

Digital Extremes is not responsible for any misuse of your Account or your User ID, you agree to accept all risks of unauthorized access to your Account and to hold Digital Extremes harmless from and against any improper use of your Account or your User ID, including, but not limited to, improper use by someone to whom you revealed your password.

Please note that, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your User ID and password, and you agree to notify us if your password is lost, stolen, or disclosed to an unauthorized third party, or otherwise may have been compromised.

You agree to immediately notify Digital Extremes of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security in relation to the Website, the Use/Service or the Game known to you by submitting a ticket to Support.  Digital Extremes provides you with the choice to change your password in order to safeguard your Account.

The Account you create is personal to you and Digital Extremes does not allow the transfer of user Accounts.  You shall not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or make any such offer, and any attempt shall be null and void.  Any distribution by you of your Account and/or your Login Credentials (except as expressly provided herein or otherwise explicitly approved of by Digital Extremes) may result in suspension or termination of your Account.

Important parts bolded.  You allowed this friend to have access to your account, and likely didn't notify DE in any way beforehand, so you may very well be banned for it.  If you are, nothing you can really do, it's against the TOS as spelled out right there.

I suggest stopping this account sharing.  Change your password, and notify DE of the breach - explain the situation clearly and truthfully (especially if you willingly allowed this friend to access your account), and hope for the best.

Edited by Arkvold

Guys... he was asking here before he did anything... no account "sharing" has happened yet.

And secondly (aside from all the bullS#&$ that is being spread by a certain youtuber) the TOS quoted above is protecting DE from you suing them if somebody abused your account and you loose stuff because you revealed your pw to somebody. It says "disclosed to an unauthorized third party" and "unauthorized use". And in the last paragraph quoted, they make the transfer (sale, trade etc.) of an account to another person "illegal". A lot of accounts are created, lvld up and then sold. They don't want that.

The creation of alternate accounts will be handled on a case by case basis, and we reserve the right to remove accounts used to circumvent any form of restrictions to the game or the Service including the official Warframe forums.

This is a little more relevant to the cause. They "reserve the right to remove accounts used to circumvent any form of restrictions to the game", which has been used in the past against users that created multiple accounts to get free platinum or cheaper platinum which was then transfered to the main account. Again, they are protecting their cash flow.

Aside from all that:

DIGITAL EXTREMES MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, BLOCK ACCESS TO OR DELETE THE SERVICE OR ANY ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.

That said, there is an easy way to find out: Contact support and ask them! If you're so passionate about their "baby", I guess they won't punish you for that. But if they say: No, don't do it! Then don't do it.

They are really nice guys. Never forget that.

3 hours ago, Pansai said:

Guys... he was asking here before he did anything... no account "sharing" has happened yet.

And secondly (aside from all the bullS#&$ that is being spread by a certain youtuber) the TOS quoted above is protecting DE from you suing them if somebody abused your account and you loose stuff because you revealed your pw to somebody. It says "disclosed to an unauthorized third party" and "unauthorized use". And in the last paragraph quoted, they make the transfer (sale, trade etc.) of an account to another person "illegal". A lot of accounts are created, lvld up and then sold. They don't want that.

This is a little more relevant to the cause. They "reserve the right to remove accounts used to circumvent any form of restrictions to the game", which has been used in the past against users that created multiple accounts to get free platinum or cheaper platinum which was then transfered to the main account. Again, they are protecting their cash flow.

Aside from all that:

That said, there is an easy way to find out: Contact support and ask them! If you're so passionate about their "baby", I guess they won't punish you for that. But if they say: No, don't do it! Then don't do it.

They are really nice guys. Never forget that.

Having someone log into your account so you can gain the benefits while NOT actually playing is definitely part of and against the EULA. No matter what the sob story, it comes down to 1) making the account less secure by sharing your information which is a huge NO-NO and 2) gaining benefits while not playing. It is akin to macros and botting when it comes down to it. You, the owner of the account aren't at the computer doing the work (logging in). It is no different than making a program that logged you in everyday for the reward, if they found out you would get banned. And in many ways it is worse, because if your account information is out there and something happens YOU are going to come crying to DE to "fix it" and make them invest resources to investigate and remedy something YOU actually caused by not following the EULA.

Edited by Wopel

On 6/14/2016 at 8:36 AM, Wopel said:

It does, no one is supposed to use your account except you. Once they see the account logging in from a different IP address it will probably get flagged and if it continues to happen it will probably get banned (at least from what I have heard from others who had problems).

Either suck it up or risk a ban.

I seriously doubt it.  I doubt it if DE sits around and worries about IP logs.  People talk about  such actions as if DE will instantly perma-ban somebody if anything seems the tiniest bit fishy.  I'm sure DE really doesn't care as long as it isn't a flat-out case of boosting a new account or selling an account or items.

I'm sure DE has no problem with separate occasionally people sharing an account or having someone log in to achieve the login rewards.  As mentioned, if someone's "friend" sells off their rare items, it's on them with no recourse.

DE has to be somewhat vague about this, but let's apply some common sense.

27 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

I seriously doubt it.  I doubt it if DE sits around and worries about IP logs.  People talk about  such actions as if DE will instantly perma-ban somebody if anything seems the tiniest bit fishy.  I'm sure DE really doesn't care as long as it isn't a flat-out case of boosting a new account or selling an account or items.

I'm sure DE has no problem with separate occasionally people sharing an account or having someone log in to achieve the login rewards.  As mentioned, if someone's "friend" sells off their rare items, it's on them with no recourse.

DE has to be somewhat vague about this, but let's apply some common sense.

That. Thank you. Common sense.

And now, everybody else please remove your tinfoil hats. ;)