The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overpowered players

Fuzzy-Bunny

5 minutes ago, Ketec said:

skills being spammable is what makes game even remotely fun. Having to micromanage  and use skills rarely and just pew pew  1 enemy at a time is the very definition of boring.

It's also funny how most Valkyr and Ash players were very much OK with them hitting E button for one hour straight, but the moment they saw someone pressing 4 for 5 minutes they go all ballistic and screaming for balance!

See where this is going?

17 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

DE never went "you want endgame? just gimp yourself lel". they present raids, sorties and lvl9999 alerts. and it's all still not only easy but practically skippable with the right loadout.

Again: What's obstructing you to go with the "wrong" loadout? Sorry but I still don't get your point...

Edited by radastir

48 minutes ago, radastir said:

Again: What's obstructing you to go with the "wrong" loadout? Sorry but I still don't get your point...

i want to be (a least slightly) challenged, not gimp myself. that doesn't feel like an accomplishment. i don't see how that's hard to understand tbh. also c'mon, i'm not even talking landslides in difficulty level here, the thing is at the moment there is none at all except some puzzles and minigames... like srsly how spoiled can you get? this game has no (design-) philosophy except "the more the merrier", aimless hedonism. giving you invisibilty belt on your first mgs playthrough, that'd just not be well designed...

1 hour ago, Ketec said:

skills being spammable is what makes game even remotely fun. Having to micromanage  and use skills rarely and just pew pew  1 enemy at a time is the very definition of boring.

i agree that you should be able to more ore less constantly rely on some skills as bnb to add flavour to frames. but that's not the same as ulti-spam. there doesn't have to be a black/white solution.

players are not overpowered, here is something no 1 considered. and it is now confirmed. the Enemy base isnt done being made let alone in need of a change. this game AS IS is challenging if you play with what you want not whats best for the mission. i enjoy solo play and this would ruin that. we have a whole new solar system coming according to DE so lets just sit back and relax. im sorry for all you "balance" fanatics but this game was meant to give you a sense of being overpowered and i find that fun the problem with the OP is its only considering players who "choose the best loadout possible for each mission"  or " spam this all day because i know it works" but not looking at players who " play with what ever they like". 

to top this off i ask you , in your idea of balance would you be ok with all weapons dealing basically the same ( around about ) output damage? do you want all enemies on planets to be a fraction of what we used to be able to face? are you ok with a warframe where you are LIMITED instead of the sky being the Limit. i am not, this post goes against everything i love about warframe. power progression exists to make you feel as if you are getting stronger( power creep as the misguided call it)and is a part of the game i enjoy. when a loadout gets stronger i get stronger. do you play as intended by the devs or just use whats best cuz why use anything else(including your own brain). and ill continue to reject these posts until we can all see how this instills a sense of skill to players that Isn't forced down their throat

Edited by (PS4)IrSchm33

4 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

says who?

the devs specifically steve (Creative Director)witch if his position doesn't imply it he seems to know a thing or 2 about the intent behind the game , watch devstreams

Edited by (PS4)IrSchm33

4 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

link pls?

the devs also supposedly said it was a game of skill...

i am not watching through the last who knows how many devstreams simply to repeat a point that any 1 who paid decent attention would have remembered. plz take no offense to that

your problem with that comment is that you dont seem to know what skill is, the application of knowledge in any form is skill. i have almost 30 warframes of applied knowledge. if you have no skill then you have not applied knowledge. sorry

Edited by (PS4)IrSchm33

9 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

says who?

The warframe lore itself : we're the deus ex machina capable of (and did) wiped not one, not two, but three civilizations (ok, almost a complete wipe!). You tell me if ONE player going against 235 enemies in a single exterminate mission doesn't give you the image of tenno being strong.

If the game want you to fight one-on-one it would've advertised the tenno as some grunt and not some god-power-wielding space ninja, really.

Look at Dark Soul, it advertised itself as you being near powerless against the face of terror, and boy you did get killed in two hits just like a mortal you are. Do people scream for the game to put them on equal footing as an enemy?

1 minute ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

yeah well, if some knowledge you can look up on the interwebs in 2 minutes really is all the skill there is AND should be in this game according to the developers:

then i guess it's doing alright and i'm obviously in the wrong place.

but i don't buy it... yet.

its ok im a dirty lying player   im lookin for the devstream with the comment. but im not going to post how far in it is so u have to watch it ALL OVER MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

14 minutes ago, Avalona said:

The warframe lore itself : we're the deus ex machina capable of (and did) wiped not one, not two, but three civilizations (ok, almost a complete wipe!). You tell me if ONE player going against 235 enemies in a single exterminate mission doesn't give you the image of tenno being strong.

If the game want you to fight one-on-one it would've advertised the tenno as some grunt and not some god-power-wielding space ninja, really.

Look at Dark Soul, it advertised itself as you being near powerless against the face of terror, and boy you did get killed in two hits just like a mortal you are. Do people scream for the game to put them on equal footing as an enemy?

lol, ok this is just silly...

ok playing along: yeah but megaman was supposed to be like superstronk, too. he's like, a robot with a gun for an arm, he could seriously wreck you, y'know! he's shooting hordes of other robots on his quest, y'know and like other super robots, too!

... and still you had to have some kind of eye-hand-coordination to finish that game. srsly though: justifying game design decisions with "lore" or "realism" is a no go. it follows its own logic.

edit: just thought of another example: that's like people justifying tonkor's headcritting because when the whole body explodes of course the head takes damage, too... while this is of course correct theoretically, headshot crits are first and foremost a game design way to reward people's ability to AIM. yet with a tonkor aiming at certain body parts is the least of your problems...

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir

3 minutes ago, (PS4)IrSchm33 said:

its ok im a dirty lying player   im lookin for the devstream with the comment. but im not going to post how far in it is so u have to watch it ALL OVER MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

XD it's cool man, i'm not calling you a liar! i just firmly belive that even IF the devs said something to that degree they didn't mean we should clear room after room by the press of a single button and without any consideration. isn't that becoming boring after a while? like i pointed out some posts before: the planning and knowledge you were referring to should merely be basic requirement, EXECUTING them should take skill... in an action game at least... IMO.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)IrSchm33 said:

players are not overpowered

23 minutes ago, (PS4)IrSchm33 said:

im sorry for all you "balance" fanatics but this game was meant to give you a sense of being overpowered

Bro. C'mon.

And yes, DE themselves stated that we are meant to be leagues above our enemies in terms of power. However, what they DON'T want are people physically abusing one or two buttons on their keyboards in an attempt to avoid actually playing the stinkin' game. It's the reason why 18.13 happened, after all.

7 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

XD it's cool man, i'm not calling you a liar! i just firmly belive that even IF the devs said something to that degree they didn't mean we should clear room after room by the press of a single button and without any consideration. isn't that becoming boring after a while? like i pointed out some posts before: the planning and knowledge you were referring to should merely be basic requirement, EXECUTING them should take skill... in an action game at least... IMO.

i meant i was lying about not searching devstreams. i wanted to make it clear im not saying that u are implying im a dirty liar. simply i was telling you i am one XD i had to start searching

Edited by (PS4)IrSchm33

3 minutes ago, Roachester said:

Bro. C'mon.

And yes, DE themselves stated that we are meant to be leagues above our enemies in terms of power. However, what they DON'T want are people physically abusing one or two buttons on their keyboards in an attempt to avoid actually playing the stinkin' game. It's the reason why 18.13 happened, after all.

never once did i advocate the instakill of enemies using one skill button or weapon always. spamming and making the game boring should be a choice. as was my point this game has NO limits and that is what i like. im glad though that you actually knew the words he said cuz i didnt remember it exactly. now i can stop searching devstreams

Just now, (PS4)IrSchm33 said:

never once did i advocate the instakill of enemies using one skill button or weapon always. spamming and making the game boring should be a choice. as was my point this game has NO limits and that is what i like. im glad though that you actually knew the words he said cuz i didnt remember it exactly. now i can stop searching devstreams

The second part of that wasn't actually aimed at you, just the people crazy enough to think that this game is actually supposed to be Dynasty Warriors with guns.

1 hour ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

like srsly how spoiled can you get? this game has no (design-) philosophy except "the more the merrier", aimless hedonism.

Thanks for calling me spoiled and a hedonist. Maybe you missed the point of what a game is ought to be. I achieve already in real life - that's how I set my priorities. Others are achieving in the game by maxing out their frames and in understanding the underlying mechanics (and yes, that is more an achievement than being underpowered in missions).

But at least I understand now what the thread is about: It's just simple plain about intolerant people feeling entitled to demand how others have to play "their" game!

10decr.jpg

Edited by radastir
Fixed typos.

1 hour ago, radastir said:

Thanks for calling me spoiled and a hedonist. Maybe you missed the point of what a game is ought to be. I achieve already in real life - that's how I set my priorities. Others are achieving in the game by maxing out their frames and in understanding the underlying mechanics (and yes, that is more an achievement than being underpowered in missions).

But at least I understand now what the thread is about: It's just simple plain about intolerant people feeling entitled to demand how others have to play "their" game!

10decr.jpg

no, i dont care how you play the game. for all i care they can fix stuff then implement a proper easy mode with status quo balancing, i wouldn't mind anyone playing that, why would i...

i apologize if my wording was poor / seemingly emotional / insulting. at the end of the day of course we're all playing out of certain "lusts". hedonism wasn't neccessarily meant as an insult, much less towards any player, i was talking about the game's design philosophy. imo the devs are too often following fancy instincts (which on the other hand does show it's a work of love and not only for the money) and relying on the "beta" tag to sort things out imo. they're not thinking everything through and that leaves us with crazy imba stuff, then when they take it back whine levels hit the roof because people got... yeah well, spoiled. i hope you catch my drift. i'm not questioning anyone's personality here, i'm trying to discuss the game and our OPness hindering my enjoyment of it...

edit: funny enough i do kinda look like dat smurf in rl XP...

edit edit: regarding that picture again: isn't saying "we're supposed to be OP" the exact same line of argument?

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir