Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr one-shot by Stalker while under hysteria

Altissimus

Question

Was just soloing a T2 survival void on my valkyr and Stalker popped up.  First time I've faced him on Valkyr, so was quite looking forward to the encounter.

Warcry (Eternal War) up, Hysteria up, I wander over to introduce myself.

Would you like to revive?

WTF?  How did that happen?

17 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Stalker dispels all Warframe powers, he dispelled Hysteria, you received the damage from having enemies nearby when you end Hysteria.

Ahahaha that is gold, for too long people felt like gods, now they will cower in fear of their own ability. 

tumblr_mjtgxkPNk61rdutw3o1_400.gif

The Stalker has the ability to immediately dispel any and all buff abilities, such as invisibility, invincibility, damage reduction, etc. The only things I haven't seen him dispel are damage boost abilities and direct damage abilities (ripline, shock, shuriken, overload, etc.)

So don't engage the Stalker in melee.
Just don't.
It's not worth the trouble.

16 minutes ago, Ryddem said:

Lol this happned to me today aswell.. 

Somehow he dispells more than before? maybe? 

Cuz i couldent keep anything up at all and then he just straight one shoted me.. 

Jokes about not being able to keep it up aside, the joke for a long time has been that Dispel is the Stalker's Passive, since he's got a reputation for using it non-stop, even if you've gone invisible out of his sight and thus have no logical reason for him to know you're there.

33 minutes ago, Ghost333 said:

The Stalker has the ability to immediately dispel any and all buff abilities, such as invisibility, invincibility, damage reduction, etc. The only things I haven't seen him dispel are damage boost abilities and direct damage abilities (ripline, shock, shuriken, overload, etc.)

So don't engage the Stalker in melee.
Just don't.
It's not worth the trouble.

Stalker is safest to engage in melee actually.  He can't use Dread if you start smacking him with a sword.  Shadow Stalker is best taken down at range though.

4 minutes ago, UltimateGrr said:

Stalker is safest to engage in melee actually.  He can't use Dread if you start smacking him with a sword.  Shadow Stalker is best taken down at range though.

But you can dodge the Dread. Plus the Hate staggers on every hit, and the Despair REALLY freakin' hurt.

1 minute ago, Ghost333 said:

But you can dodge the Dread. Plus the Hate staggers on every hit, and the Despair REALLY freakin' hurt.

Heavy melee weapons make you immune to stagger when swinging them, and Hate is Stalker's lowest DPS weapon.  While you can dodge Dread's arrows, a screw up is likely to kill you given the insane damage on it.

6 minutes ago, Sahfiel said:

Valkyr can use high armour + vampire melee mod to engage sometimes if you play your cards right and dodge etc. Works like a non power dependent hysteria. In fact, it works better now than hysteria anyway in some cases. This is actually one of the only things Valkyr is still good at now post nerf. Unless they made it impossible to do that too. Lookin at you, myopic balance team. I'll just grab an ivara and go invisible for most of the match or use one of the other frames that can press a few buttons to eliminate entire waves. I get 80% of the damage or more on those frames across 4 people while also surviving better since I can kill stuff before it even reaches me. Why play Valk now? Can't even rez people who die on top of you now usually while fully in hysteria the whole rez. One of the main reasons to bring a valkyr at all, invinci rez.

Just glad it wasn't one of my favorites. :O

Not complaining about stalker matchups.. Valkyr has a bit of an edge there since armour and melee do not count as powers. I am complaining that this is one of the only reasons to play Valk now and that I more or less one shot the stalker in each phase on most of my other frames so it isn't even really a "thing". It isn't a matter of skill either since basically most of those frames require me to do much less to get the same or similar results in 90% of all situations in the game now. Of course, I could have seen this coming since we've witnessed such fantastic balancing decisions before over the course of development.

They usually fix it later, usually.. when they notice people all pooling into the same frames.. after many months or a year or so.

You obviously didn't play Valkyr post-nerf. With some efficiency and duration mods you can keep Hysteria on for long enough and you don't have to stay in it endlessly, just activate, refill your life/kill the group of mobs and deactivate it again. If I'm low on energy the Rage mod refills my energy fully before I'm dead, rinse and repeat.

28 minutes ago, Sahfiel said:

[snip]

Seriously, all the devs did with Valkyr was changing her Hysteria slightly so it's not as much as a a no-brainer anymore, which is supposed to make her more engaging to play. Her damage or mobility hasn't been touched. I do not understand your rant. If you were or weren't good with her before, you still are today, the rework didn't change that. I'd guess it's the latter, no offense.