The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Movement Post-Update: Lunaro

NezuHimeSama

19 hours ago, Bobtm said:

Alright then, that's all well and good but that does raise a very key and core point then;  Current (post-Lunaro update) Parkour 2.0 is genuinely bad in terms of control fidelity, evasion, and travel speed.  It's a literal hindrance to use double-jumps for any situation, or in other words double jumps have no reason to even exist right now due to the fix.  Dodge rolling also became unnecessarily sluggish due to the fixes put into place.

If this is to be said as the fixed version of Parkour 2.0, then we need Parkour 3.0.  Because what we've got right now due to the fix is sluggish, not snappy, not ninja at all.

Here's a very direct example of why the way these fixes are genuinely bad and literally broken;  One of my primary Limbo builds has Rush, Maglev, and Cunning Drift installed, needless to say it's a speedy little setup.  I can sprint (now working as intended) and I can then tap crouch to get a slide boost (again, a core part of how Warframe movement works (two of the noted mods boost this, it is not a glitch)) So the velocity at which I am traveling by this point is an intended speed at which I can traverse the game's tilesets.

So I'm moving along, now I do a normal jump, things are still happening appropriately.  I'm still moving at an appropriate and intended attainable velocity.  However this is the literal end.  If I initiate a roll in mid-air I will suddenly suffer a sudden decrease in velocity for what is literally no apparent reason.  Warframes have counterintuitive air-brakes installed now?  It's even more jarring if I do the same simple sprint and slide, but then jump and do a double jump.  The very moment a double jump begins it's like the player smashes into a brick wall made of compressed air.  Suffering an unnecessary and jarring/flow breaking speed reduction.

The worst part is that the faster a Warframe is able to move naturally (again, using nothing but intended mechanics) the harder of a stop that a mere double jump will smack you down with, since it has no solace for one's speed variables.  I've already adapted to the changes for the time being, wherein I don't waste time utilizing either bullet jumps or double jumps (since both of them are slow) and make use of the remaining methods of swift movement that don't warrantlessly zero out a player's momentum.

J

Wait...

Alright....someone has never simply double-jumped prior to the update that fixed the momentum bug.  Double jump NEVER increased your movement....EVER.  Outside of using the roll bug, you didn't get anything besides more height from a double jump.

This is why it's so hard for DE to make changes.  People don't pay the fk attention and just assume....and then they get multiple ups from the community for posting false info.  Welcome to Warframe?

Double jump is the same.  EXACTLY the same.  They hotfixed the bugs out, but at this point it hasn't changed.

So you're moving along, you do a normal jump, you don't pay any attention, and you do a roll.  No velocity is gained so you immediately get salty.

People...here's the kicker....THERE IS ZERO DECREASE IN VELOCITY FOR DOING A ROLL.  You're just too used to GAINING velocity.  Trust me.  I've just tested it.  Anyone is invited to test it, post a video with timing, and prove me wrong.  You don't lose anything by merely rolling in mid-air.  You simply don't GAIN anything either.

After any jump, you're slowing losing velocity.  As you double-jump, you gain nothing.  And now, as you roll, you also gain nothing.

Hang on...

Are you using a keyboard macro?  The problem might be that you're actually performing the slide+jump for bullet jump and you're also performing the same act for a double-jump (which is not needed).  If you slide in mid-air, you slow down because of the slide speed increase cooldown.

Please tell me you're not playing with keyboard macros and complaining about changes without changing your macros....

Edited by Thaumatos

21 minutes ago, Thaumatos said:

A lot of wrong blah blah blah.

Let me explain, mate.

Previously, you would SPEED UP if you did your second jump after a roll. Not even necessarily during it. You could do it half a second later. Okay, let's call it a bug (even if it wasn't, not if it was around this long and accepted this long. The 'bug' portion is a lie made up to get apologists to defend a nerf).

Now, you SLOW DOWN IF YOU JUMP AFTER DOING A ROLL IN THE AIR. You don't just keep your previous speed, you SLOW DOWN. That is the issue, that is the crux. You LOSE speed for using your second jump in the air if you previously rolled. Even if that roll was a second ago. That extra jump SLOWS YOU DOWN.

I don't believe that DE staff themselves when they play their own game didn't use those tricks, that they themselves didn't enjoy it. Shame something that bringed joy in this game has been taken away. To be frank op things that were called nerfs after taking away like blind mirage or god mode for all trin werent fun, they were boring, but parkour momentum added more enjoyment to fast pace of the game, what others call going fast now I call going slow cause for over half a year I was used to different speed, what I get now is just painfull.

And like rngd444 said adapting would mean not using part of parkour at all. Actually if I were to adapt Id use rush and not use slide, bullet jump, double jump combo at all just run with sprint, less hassle and I would lose maybe 5-10% of speed I now have if I am to move slowly why bother using parkour at all?

1 hour ago, Sold0ut said:

....Misinformation....

See? I can do the same thing: "blah blah let me not address your point because I disagree blah blah."  ... Childish...

You don't lose speed.  Period.  End of discussion.  You simply DO NOT GAIN SPEED now.  The bug has been addressed.  DId you even watch devstream 76?

The speed from the roll put you at 100%.  Double jumping did nothing except extend your airtime after the 100% speed increase.

As i've said, prove me wrong.  Double jumping continues your current rate of speed  increase/decrease regardless.  There is no increase/decrease of acceleration based solely on double jump.  Never was.

19 minutes ago, Thaumatos said:

See? I can do the same thing: "blah blah let me not address your point because I disagree blah blah."  ... Childish...

You don't lose speed.  Period.  End of discussion.  You simply DO NOT GAIN SPEED now.  The bug has been addressed.  DId you even watch devstream 76?

The speed from the roll put you at 100%.  Double jumping did nothing except extend your airtime after the 100% speed increase.

As i've said, prove me wrong.  Double jumping continues your current rate of speed  increase/decrease regardless.  There is no increase/decrease of acceleration based solely on double jump.  Never was.

If that were the case I would not notice any difference, I did before even reading patch notes for lunaro update. Only movement combo I did was slide, bullet jump, double jump and when I timed double jump properly I got nice acceleration, so yes there was increase of speed based on double jump, there is no such speed up now yes but there was few days ago. Maybe you haven't noticed this because you didn't time it like many ppl posting on this forum thread.

4 hours ago, Thaumatos said:

unfortunatly still wrong

Many ppl, including me, know how to gain momentum and thus incredible speed using double jump in combination with bullet jump/roll. You obviously lack the skill to perform this. Thats actually not a problem. But pleeease stop spreading your toxic misinformtation! Thank you.

Edited by Sm0kiT

4 hours ago, Thaumatos said:

Wait...

Alright....someone has never simply double-jumped prior to the update that fixed the momentum bug.  Double jump NEVER increased your movement....EVER.  Outside of using the roll bug, you didn't get anything besides more height from a double jump.

This is why it's so hard for DE to make changes.  People don't pay the fk attention and just assume....and then they get multiple ups from the community for posting false info.  Welcome to Warframe?

Double jump is the same.  EXACTLY the same.  They hotfixed the bugs out, but at this point it hasn't changed.

So you're moving along, you do a normal jump, you don't pay any attention, and you do a roll.  No velocity is gained so you immediately get salty.

People...here's the kicker....THERE IS ZERO DECREASE IN VELOCITY FOR DOING A ROLL.  You're just too used to GAINING velocity.  Trust me.  I've just tested it.  Anyone is invited to test it, post a video with timing, and prove me wrong.  You don't lose anything by merely rolling in mid-air.  You simply don't GAIN anything either.

After any jump, you're slowing losing velocity.  As you double-jump, you gain nothing.  And now, as you roll, you also gain nothing.

There seems to be a distinct lack of understanding here, with regards to what is currently happening with Warframe's Parkour mechanics.  As such I shall do my best to accurately describe how things are functioning at current, starting with the core flaw in the Post-Lunaro iteraiton of Parkour 2.0.  I'm saying that current double jump removes momentum.  This issue's mechanics are very complex, and you're displaying a lack of detailed knowledge of the mechanics which were before at play, as well as those at play now.  Here is a very easily done test one can do to see the momentum cancel which the current iteration of a double jump holds;

1. Utilize Both Maglev and Cunning Drift.  These making one able to move more swiftly very easily, to a point where the momentum cancel on a double jump is more readily able to be seen.
  2. (Optional) Utilize Nezha.  His passive bonus accentuates the above point, making the reduction even easier to see.
  3. Load into the Simalcrum area (or any tileset if one does not have access to Simalcrum).
  4. Find any ledge with a drop off, Simalcrum has its starting pedestal, making it easy to find/access.
  5. Sprint then tap Crouch for a slide boost towards said ledge, which will then cause you to leave said ledge and be in the air.
  6. Do a mid-air jump (double jump).
  7. See the very clear and obvious, and sudden decrease in momentum.

You should stop with the baseless assumptions and attempt to actually test out some of the in-game functionality which is at play.  The things which you have stated are incorrect, to put it politely.  The velocity/momentum loss on midair roll is not near as strong as it is on the double jump.  Given how the game's engine handles movement currently, I have to regretfully accept the way that air rolls currently function.  As there's no way to change them easily which wouldn't immediately re-allow the very momentum stacking which DE has expressed their dislike of.  That noted, right now the feel/functionality on a double jump is poor at best, and atrocious at worst.  So to reiterate, air-rolling staying as is now is a bit of a bummer, but doesn't cause enough issue to warrant any type of change.  Double jump on the other hand, well I'll be going into details more on this later.

To make note of another point;  I've garnered upvotes due to the fact that I have an explicit understanding of the Parkour mechanics both Pre and Post-Lunaro update.  The players who also understand the systems at play see the same jarring break in flow which occurs on the midair variations of both double jump and roll, especially with the former.

5 hours ago, Thaumatos said:

Hang on...

Are you using a keyboard macro?  The problem might be that you're actually performing the slide+jump for bullet jump and you're also performing the same act for a double-jump (which is not needed).  If you slide in mid-air, you slow down because of the slide speed increase cooldown.

Please tell me you're not playing with keyboard macros and complaining about changes without changing your macros....

I do not utilize macros of any variety for this or any other game that I play.  I'm quite well versed in the input operations for this game's parkour, and I know of the internal cooldown of the slide boost.  As an old school console player, the very thought of using macros for gameplay is very messed up to me.

Also your note of a bullet jump above sort of proves you're not aware of how things have been functioning with Parkour 2.0.  A bullet jump has always had momentum canceling upon its activation.  This is precisely why it throws you in the precise-ish direction of your aim in a reliable manner.  Without said cancel the momentum boost on a slide's actication would mean a bullet jump would never fly true.  In fact the cancel on bullet jump is wonderfully designed.  However by proxy this is why it's not had a place in momentum stacking.

In fact being able to momentum stack to maximum efficiency as was possible pre-Lunaro update hinged on knowing the precise internal cooldown and upon a player's own ability to adjust timings on the fly, so one could get every possible slide boost in at its earliest possible moment to shave down the time between combination loops.  Since this action will vary based on map height/terrain as well (you can't double-jump again till grounded) it also means that using a macro for said action is impossible if one wishes to maintain the best possible loop.  A macro could in theory make the initial loop easier, but it would become increasingly unreliable as one continued to stack momentum given the timing changes.

For reference's sake, my old momentum stack loop on the initial point was;  Sprint >Forward > Slide-Jump (not bullet jump, tap Crouch and immediately release, transfer into a standard single jump), then variable.  The order would vary depending on the distance one needed, between the following two commands;  Double Jump > Roll, or Roll > Double Jump.  Also again the timing between them varying depending on the desired result.  Then one would either initiate a very brief slide just an instant before landing and transition back into a single jump or (this second one is much harder to time) instantly preform a standard jump the very instant their feet are again grounded.

I've already adjusted my playstyle accordingly to allow myself to move throughout tilesets at a pace which I find to be agreeable.  Adaptability isn't an issue.  However right now the way a double jump feels is, a bit jarring.  The faster a player is through both base stats and modding, the more obtrusive said double jump will begin to feel to them.

Anyways to go onto another tangent due to the things noted in the Devstream;

As much as I may personally disagree with the change to the Parkour system in regards to momentum stacking, I can respect the decision.  I am not and will not be asking for the return of momentum stacking, due to this very point.  However the current issue with the very feel of double jumping especially, is quite poor from my own standpoint.  While I can see the benefits to the current iteration of a double jump's momentum cancellation (short-stop turns), it has a very flow-breaking vibe to it if done while moving fast.  The upside to this cancel is that it allows one to do some... let's call them interesting tricks.  I'll still need to further study some of the traits which have arisen due to these changes, but in terms of flow during straight line movement, doing a double jump is obtrusive.

The problem here however, is that merely removing the momentum cancel on its own would also directly re-allow for one to momentum stack.  Of course without the roll boost said stacking would not be to its old degree, but again DE already has made it known that they do not wish for momentum stacking to be a thing.  So it's up to trying to come up with a way for a double jump to "feel" right without changing things in a way that would revert the functions to their prior state.

Though it's not more than a very simple (10-second) idea, I have had one possible thought at how double jump's functions could be altered to possibly remove its current issue.  However this concept too has its distinct flaws which make it a currently bad/failed idea.  I'll still explain it here regardless;

Keep the momentum cancel on double jump as is in the current iteration.  However, allow the "velocity" generated by the double jump to be altered by both a frame's base Sprint Speed and any mods which improve Slide and reduce Friction.  Getting the right numbers here wouldn't be some easy task.  However if the numbers matched up one could in theory be sprinting/sliding and jumping into double jumps on any frame without feeling a sudden decrease in speed.

The downside of course, is that this same change would mean that a standing jump to double jump would slingshot a player to their top speed, which would be bad.  In fact this part alone means the idea shouldn't be implemented in this form due to the very words Steve said in the most recent Devstream.  He wishes to get away from the bursty movement type stuff, and this very issue with my barely-thought out idea has a flaw that is the literal definition of what he wishes to avoid.

Basically the situation things are in at the moment is quite rough.  Due to the issues at play any player who tries to maximize movement cannot utilize a double jump, as doing so will be a direct hindrance to them.  At the same time, there's no easy fix for the situation, at least not one that I can come up with.

So a TLDR version for those who scrolled past all the junk above?  I personally enjoy and will miss momentum stacking in Warframe.  I however respect DE's decision and reasoning for its removal (despite how much I disagree with said decision).  The current issue is that double jumping's momentum cancel makes it feel awkward too much in many cases, and it's flow-breaking.  This is what I would like to see addressed in some way.  However due to the mechanics, I do not have any reasonable solution to propose for the issue.

Totally random trick;  Something which has arisen post-Lunaro Parkour which was not possible prior is a fun but ultimately useless trick.  We can now initiate wall-jumps/hops

during a dodge roll animation.  Again in most any cases this is largely pointless.  However on boxy and vertical tilesets like some of what exist upon Jupiter's Gas City, you can preform some enjoyable hop combinations due to this.  Also wall-dodging still has its same pre-Lunaro functionality just as it had prior.  This refers to being near a wall then doing a wall jump away from said wall in conjunction with a near instant transition into a roll.  The roll inherits some of the wall hop's momentum to allow for a semi-fast bounce off of a given wall.

By combining these two parkour tricks in tiles like Jupiter's, you can bounce around whilst fighting foes in a rather interesting way.

Wow, I applaud you Sir. Well done pointing this all out. Im also very frustrated and in my opinion DE should reverse the movement mechanics to where they were before lunaro. The movement nerf is waaay worse than all the other recent nerfs, but still I dont want to join the club of "if-you-(DE devs)-dont-undo-this-or-that-Im-gonna-quit-forever"-people.

I'm seriously getting tiered of these updates. Can't remember update with something good in it since Inaros. I don't care about Lunaro, so all I got from this one was a movement nerf... If 19 update will screw up too, maybe I'll take a long break from Warframe

When they released movement 2.0, they said using momentum would be a thing. This only looks like a nerf to me... How do you use momentum when double-jump sets it back to nothing? Double jump is just gimped atm, just like people have said. Sad days.

Spoiler

They have again gone against what they said because of nerfing stuff for "flow" as in making the content grindier (longer, like a chore.) Well, not like they haven't done this before, well good while it was fun. Exponentially increasing resource costs, grind and nerfing us while buffing enemies; time to quit boys. 

Edited by Irregardless_Existence

2 hours ago, Bobtm said:

To make note of another point;  I've garnered upvotes due to the fact that I have an explicit understanding of the Parkour mechanics both Pre and Post-Lunaro update.  The players who also understand the systems at play see the same jarring break in flow which occurs on the midair variations of both double jump and roll, especially with the former.

Really?  Is that why you only got +1 when you started actually addressing things instead of QQing?....  People don't give ups because of facts.  They give ups because of salt.  If you tap into the salt, they'll +1 you.

As for the rest of your post.  I'm telling you man.  Vids.  I'm not making assumptions.  That's how it works.  You double jump and all you gain is a small increase In height.

Rolling is the thing that you're talking about.  Rolling after a bullet jump put you at max velocity nearly instantly.

How hard is it to post a vid of you losing something you say you're losing?  The onus is not on me here...you need to prove you're losing velocity simply by pressing spacebar again.  That has never happened.

1 hour ago, Thaumatos said:

Really?  Is that why you only got +1 when you started actually addressing things instead of QQing?....  People don't give ups because of facts.  They give ups because of salt.  If you tap into the salt, they'll +1 you.

As for the rest of your post.  I'm telling you man.  Vids.  I'm not making assumptions.  That's how it works.  You double jump and all you gain is a small increase In height.

Rolling is the thing that you're talking about.  Rolling after a bullet jump put you at max velocity nearly instantly.

How hard is it to post a vid of you losing something you say you're losing?  The onus is not on me here...you need to prove you're losing velocity simply by pressing spacebar again.  That has never happened.

I explained very simply how to see this in action in a very easy to do test.  Expecting a player to jump through a bunch of hoops is silly, it is plainly visible in-game what I'm pointing out.

You are explicitly incorrect.  The facts speak for themselves.  You do not understand Warframe's Parkour system at all.

5 minutes ago, Bobtm said:

I explained very simply how to see this in action in a very easy to do test.  Expecting a player to jump through a bunch of hoops is silly, it is plainly visible in-game what I'm pointing out.

You are explicitly incorrect.  The facts speak for themselves.  You do not understand Warframe's Parkour system at all.

"very simply"
i mean, thats a wall of text not everyone wants to read lol

making a video would have been faster xD

8 hours ago, ButterLutter said:

"very simply"
i mean, thats a wall of text not everyone wants to read lol

making a video would have been faster xD

"TLDR" is worst reason ever in any argument and should not be used. Not reading something because you or someone else have been lazy shouldnt be your excuse.

But back to double jump, difference is easy to feel even on normal non momentum stacking slide, bullet, double jump, yesterday I used some mods like mobilize to check especially how much speed one can lose from double jump. It was quite obvious that just going with slide, bullet jump is now faster as double jump gets no boost at all from mods like mobilize, it did when it retained momentum.

Did I hear more nerfs? Oh, they only disadvantage players? Oh, other rediculous things are still in the game despite these nerfs? Really, when are we going to get the real nerfs DE? And by that I'm talking about insane enemy scaling (armor, health, level), nullifier spawn rates, nullifiers themselves being absolute gods in their non-damage based, time-limited shrinking bubbles, bombard missile volleys, sapping and mine ospreys being able to drop a whole minefield within one minute, shield polarize not being able to destroy said minefield, hyekka's doing insane amounts of damage, drahk's and hyekka's counting as a conflict in interception missions, etc. etc. etc. As for Thaumatos, I wouldn't necessarily call something that has been around almost as long (if not as long) as Parkour 2.0 a bug (I certainly don't recall anyone complaining about it being a bug).  And in response to DE stating that we should play Volt or Nezha, Volt and Nezha was still faster than bullet jumping and double jumping (not to mention a lot easier as well). Mobility is key in Warframe (the only time you won't need mobility is probably in Defense and Interception missions, but even then you'd need the mobility to dodge bullets to survive longer). Why? Because the tilesets are of gargantuan proportions. We shouldn't be forced to play a specific Warframe just to have better mobility, that should be an innate ability of every Warframe. Now: Will I die from this nerf? No. (A few more and I just might). But does it make general movement and actions such as dodging projectiles just that much more tedious (and to me, annoying)? Yes.

Edited by Muskyr

1 hour ago, Elurdin said:

"TLDR" is worst reason ever in any argument and should not be used. Not reading something because you or someone else have been lazy shouldnt be your excuse.

You can keep your assumptions to yourself, i have read it. The problem is, to answer to a wall of text you need to invest quite a lot of time. Not everyone is willing to do so. You either answer to every part and thus create another wall of text, pick a part you want to answer and ignore the rest or dont answer at all. All three options arent that great.
Creating a video would really have been quicker instead of creating such a wall of text and it has been requested anyways. The whole process of creating and putting it online takes what? 5 minutes? I highly doubt Bobtm wrote that down in 5 minutes. More like half an hour with proof reading.

51 minutes ago, Muskyr said:

Why? Because the tilesets are of gargantuan proportions.

Which is a result of immense speed. Less speed allows for smaller tilesets. Steve himself said that the high speed we had was a problem for creating maps.

Yeah he could make video, problem with video is that you can't really go back in time and make another video for comparison. Also I bet if there were video without that big explanation of difference there would be ppl again saying they don't see the difference. What Bobtm also asked for is not bringing back immense speed but changing double jump. I hope that DE will consider that and maybe do something with double jump as it is if you put in any mod that upgrades bullet jump or slide using double jump after getting used to it slows frame down.

56 minutes ago, Elurdin said:

Yeah he could make video, problem with video is that you can't really go back in time and make another video for comparison. Also I bet if there were video without that big explanation of difference there would be ppl again saying they don't see the difference. What Bobtm also asked for is not bringing back immense speed but changing double jump. I hope that DE will consider that and maybe do something with double jump as it is if you put in any mod that upgrades bullet jump or slide using double jump after getting used to it slows frame down.

He could but he won't.

You don't need to go back in time...Youtube does that for you.  You can still find Warframe vids with coptering in them.  Go watch a youtube video of double jump then and now.  It hasn't changed.

He won't make a video because he knows he's wrong.  He just likes to type a lot about how he disagrees.

12 hours ago, Bobtm said:

Listen...you're making claims with NO facts.  Vids or you're implicitly wrong.

You can't go around making outrageous claims, with no proof, and expecting the onus to be on everyone else to prove your claims wrong.

The fact is, you have no facts.  Only words.

You know what? ... Let me help you.  Watch this: 

There's an INCREASE IN SPEED as he double-jumps.  Watch the first double jump.  He times it perfectly to show the increase.

THAT'S what they removed.  There isn't a decrease now, there simply isn't an increase.

How hard was it to post that?  Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, argument over.

Someone please post a quick video demonstrating the current loss of momentum please. The topic is being flooded with individuals severely lacking in observational skills, and I would prefer we cease this farce quickly before it reaches who knows how many pages...

I am sorta sad. The double jump "nerf" really hit me in my ability to quickly do capture missions with volt and nezha. I would love it if this was reverted. And, along the lines, i do believe that the "nerf" was influenced by PVP, though i have no proof.

2 hours ago, Yato69 said:

I am sorta sad. The double jump "nerf" really hit me in my ability to quickly do capture missions with volt and nezha. I would love it if this was reverted. And, along the lines, i do believe that the "nerf" was influenced by PVP, though i have no proof.

you need to look not further than the pvp sub forum. Literally complaint after complaint of people squawking over the super fast pvp movement. Without realizing that it is not the reason why PvP by design is flawed.

Edited by Eureka.seveN

21 hours ago, Thaumatos said:

Funny how his wall of text explanation got +10 by now.

21 hours ago, Thaumatos said:

And I'm telling you. Why does anyone else but you have to post vids of a prove? Yeah, there's no reason; you could very well show that there's no decrease (which would prove your lacking understanding of the distinction between the different jumps).

I'm amazed how hard it can be to understand that the double jump after bullet jumps is not the same as the one after a normal jump despite using the same animation (the 'spin'). It was posted dozens of times by now that only the one after a normal jump will slow you down, yet people like you refuse to read properly. I hope this was short enough to comprehend it this time.

8 hours ago, Thaumatos said:

-snip-

Haha, you seriously posted the wrong video on purpose, aren't you a hilarious cookie.

The issue is about the combo > jump > roll in the air > do your second jump after roll. That's when the double jump slows you down.