Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The % Discount on market on PS4 and Xbox One is severely inadequate compared to the PC discount.

(PSN)Stealth_Cobra

Here's the thing... Like many others, I log into warframe pretty much daily for login rewards and to get stuff like Primed Fury down the road. I've been loggin in for rougly 170 days, mostly getting useless rewards like neurodes and such. Of course, RNG being what it is, I never get any market discount, even though i'm mastery rank 21 and you're supposed to get a 5% rare item chance increase per MR Level.

The finally today, I get a 50% off coupon, valid for two days, on the market. Not a 75% coupon, but frankly, at that point, I'm just exctating about having a discount, and I coudn't care less about the 25% difference.

I go to the Market and wow, all this stuff that's usually overpriced, now sitting at half price for me to purchase ! I immediately consider buying a Vauban Prime access pack to fill in on plat, then buy the hell out of the store while I have a discount...

Before I do that though,  I still have some leftover plat, so I buy a Lotus Noggle... Only to realise the 50% discount is now gone... I immediately assume it's a bug, after all, it can't possibly be a one use discount , can it ?

...Then I find out it is....

----------------------------------------

There's a few problems here.

1 - First of all, the wording when you get the discount isn't really clearly explained... It says something about a discount being applied on your next plat purchase, but it's rather vague and you don't really know that it's a one time deal, especially since everything in the store asides from bundle, inclunding stuff that costs credits and not plat is discounted. It truly looks like a global % discount on the entirety of the store, which is what is to be expected for that sort of rare login reward.

2 - Second, there's no message that tells you that said rebate will be consumed by making a purchase... So it's not clear you're potentially going to waste it on some cheap item like I did (I would have bought the Oberon Skin if I knew this, for example).

3 - Then there's the immense discrepancy between what PC gets (an unconditionnal 75% discount on platinum purchase) and what us console get (a 20-50-75% on a single item, excluding pretty much everything expensive too, since you exclude bundles of the discount price. I find it unfair to console players, an frankly, somewhat insulting.

----------------------------------------------------

I get that for some reason , you can't have 75% discount on playstation store and xbox live because of console policies. I can respect that, which is precisely why it made alot of sense to have a 75% discount of most of the store stuff instead... If you can't due to contractual reasons give ridiculously high rebates on plat, give the same rebates in the form of a proper discount on market items.

An argument can be made that, since Platinum gets discounted on the Playstation Store and Xbox Live marketplace ever now and then, having both a plat rebate plus a market rebate would be too much. Then again, I'm sure a balance could be found... Like for example capping the market rebate % to 50% instead of 75%, which would offset the rebate people already get when they buy plat at a discount price a few times a year.

In the end, please consider make it so that our market discount last for more than a single transaction. Heck, if you don't want people to abuse them, limite the amount of purchaese to ten or something... Or as suggested abouve, drop the percentage slightly so it's less of a big deal...

In any case, you guys just lost 80 bucks from me, as I was about to buy a Prime Access strictly to make good use of the plat discount, and now I have no reason to... Guess you guys don't need our money after all...

PC can use their discount on just 1 purchase, why would you assume you'll be able to use 50% more than once? Maybe they could word it a bit better but it still makes no sense to assume discount would apply on more than 1 market items.

I agree that bundles should be included for the plat discount. Waiting so many months to get the discount which can only be used on single item is not rewarding compared to what pc get.

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

I'm not sure I understand the argument here... You acknowledge that console players can technically double dip on discounts (which PC players cannot), but that's not sufficient? The market coupons were implemented on good faith, but we do have to watch closely to make sure they aren't abused. 

17 hours ago, (PS4)iBoiz said:

PC can use their discount on just 1 purchase, why would you assume you'll be able to use 50% more than once? Maybe they could word it a bit better but it still makes no sense to assume discount would apply on more than 1 market items.

Yeah, but PC players can buy like 10k platinum with 75% discount and proceed to buy anything they want multiple times.

Anyway, the only true problem I see is the inability of ps4 players buy bundles with the discount. I don't understand why we have this limitation, since PC players can buy any amount of platinum discounted and then buy anything on the market like I said.

On 18/6/2016 at 0:59 AM, [DE]Drew said:

I'm not sure I understand the argument here... You acknowledge that console players can technically double dip on discounts (which PC players cannot), but that's not sufficient? The market coupons were implemented on good faith, but we do have to watch closely to make sure they aren't abused. 

180+ logins on my main account and 0 discounts

23-24 logins in my alt MR0 account (i used just for this test) and 5 discounts till now (25-25-50-75-50)

Im not here to salt or something, just my thought is that you guys could do something better with the login reward mechanics. (Same happens with Sorties and Legendary Cores, dont talk to us about RNG because theres nothing random in this game, just slaps in the face of long time players)

Edited by (PS4)KrakenUnchained

3 hours ago, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

180+ logins on my main account and 0 discounts

23-24 logins in my alt MR0 account (i used just for this test) and 5 discounts till now (25-25-50-75-50)

Im not here to salt or something, just my thought is that you guys could do something better with the login reward mechanics. (Same happens with Sorties and Legendary Cores, dont talk to us about RNG because theres nothing random in this game, just slaps in the face of long time players)

I love this game so don't think I'm in anyway ragging on it, but I've noticed this too. My sister is Mr 12 atm and from Mr 8 to current she has recieved 8 discount codes and she has only logged in for about 75 days. I'm at 176 and I've seen 0 market discount rewards. This isn't RNG, the market discount is just simply not in the reward table for higher MR players. There is no way to explain how this works other than that. I feel punished for putting many hours and very many dollars into this game. I'm mostly angry because, while I have everything in the game, I like to gift items.l and it would be nice not to always have to pay full price for those gifts

45 minutes ago, (PS4)appretice said:

I love this game so don't think I'm in anyway ragging on it, but I've noticed this too. My sister is Mr 12 atm and from Mr 8 to current she has recieved 8 discount codes and she has only logged in for about 75 days. I'm at 176 and I've seen 0 market discount rewards. This isn't RNG, the market discount is just simply not in the reward table for higher MR players. There is no way to explain how this works other than that. I feel punished for putting many hours and very many dollars into this game. I'm mostly angry because, while I have everything in the game, I like to gift items.l and it would be nice not to always have to pay full price for those gifts

MR dont count, activity does. More you play the game, less you will get rewarded for the time spent because 2 reasons

1) you spent so much time ingame, you used to grind and your inventory is good enough that you dont need a Legendary Core or a prime part that drops at 1st key you use

2) you spend so much time ingame, if the game gives to you a regular percentage of good drops, you (and tons of other veterans like you) are going to flood the trading and the prices will drop

Be aware, im fine with that if that means the chance for us is SLIGHTY lowered, just i cant deal with the fact the chance apparently goes to 0.00001%,, that sounds just unfair

8 minutes ago, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

MR dont count, activity does. More you play the game, less you will get rewarded for the time spent because 2 reasons

1) you spent so much time ingame, you used to grind and your inventory is good enough that you dont need a Legendary Core or a prime part that drops at 1st key you use

2) you spend so much time ingame, if the game gives to you a regular percentage of good drops, you (and tons of other veterans like you) are going to flood the trading and the prices will drop

Be aware, im fine with that if that means the chance for us is SLIGHTY lowered, just i cant deal with the fact the chance apparently goes to 0.00001%,, that sounds just unfair

This better not be the case. That would be a complete slap in the face to the veterans who spend much of their time in the game hunting for these exact things. Not all of us want items for the intent of resale. I simply want a legendary core for my prime pressure point when it comes but that seems highly unlikely at this point. I've pretty much given up on sorties

25 minutes ago, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

Neither is the case, I can assure you that.  I am MR21, have been for as long as it's been available on console, and I play every single day.  And, so far, I've gotten at least two discounts a month, sometimes more.  However, I guess the balancing factor is that nearly every other login reward I get is either a resource chance booster (only useful if I'm low on Polymer, really) or Morphics/Gallium (both of which I have hundreds of).

RNG is just RNG.  (Either that, or I'm just hogging all the discounts...)

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Rakiokon said:

Neither is the case, I can assure you that.  I am MR21, have been for as long as it's been available on console, and I play every single day.  And, so far, I've gotten at least two discounts a month, sometimes more.  However, I guess the balancing factor is that nearly every other login reward I get is either a resource chance booster (only useful if I'm low on Polymer, really) or Morphics/Gallium (both of which I have hundreds of).

RNG is just RNG.  (Either that, or I'm just hogging all the discounts...)

RNG is not on this game lol any item got different drop chances affected from so many factors, how you could call it ''random''?? nothing is random here, the whole game is based on math

PS you playing from Mutalist Incursions and you've spent ingame 55 days, so im sorry but you are not a Day 1 player, the game was available on PS4 at least 1 year earlier or even more

19 minutes ago, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

PS you playing from Mutalist Incursions and you've spent ingame 55 days, so im sorry but you are not a Day 1 player, the game was available on PS4 at least 1 year earlier or even more

I never said I was a day 1 PS4 player.  I played on PC for a few months first (started about a week or so before Limbo/Archwing dropped), and then started over on PS4 when my PC friends stopped playing, which, as you said, was right after Mutalist Incursions.  What I did say, was that I had been MR21 since MR21 was available on console, which was well before the new login system was available, implying that having a higher MR doesn't bar you from getting discounts in said new login system.  (Also, 55 days played, cumulatively. 13xx hours total.  But, hey, I guess I'm still a nubbin, have mercy on me, senpai.)

I guess if things are 'weighted' means it isn't RNG, then "Chance is still Chance."  If having a higher MR and playing more regularly means that getting a discount on login is 0.05% chance, then I guess I'm just lucky as a mother, eh?  Could have use that luck when I wasted 50+ T4D keys for the last part of Vauban Prime.  But, I guess I'll just use it to get skins and stuff I'll never use, for half price.

My point is, yes, it is unfortunate that apparently, you don't seem to be getting these discounts all that often, or ever.  But I think you're reading a bit too far into it.  If login rewards were, truly, weighted against giving vets discount coupons, then, again, I must be the one outlier to the rule.  Since I, personally, can't accept that my luck is that high, then I can't accept that these discount coupons are so rare for high-level, active players.  Or, who knows, maybe the game's just taunting me with the discounts, because it knows that I'm not going to use them, because I have nothing left to buy, that warrants using a half-price coupon.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Rakiokon said:

I never said I was a day 1 PS4 player.  I played on PC for a few months first (started about a week or so before Limbo/Archwing dropped), and then started over on PS4 when my PC friends stopped playing, which, as you said, was right after Mutalist Incursions.  What I did say, was that I had been MR21 since MR21 was available on console, which was well before the new login system was available, implying that having a higher MR doesn't bar you from getting discounts in said new login system.  (Also, 55 days played, cumulatively. 13xx hours total.  But, hey, I guess I'm still a nubbin, have mercy on me, senpai.)

I guess if things are 'weighted' means it isn't RNG, then "Chance is still Chance."  If having a higher MR and playing more regularly means that getting a discount on login is 0.05% chance, then I guess I'm just lucky as a mother, eh?  Could have use that luck when I wasted 50+ T4D keys for the last part of Vauban Prime.  But, I guess I'll just use it to get skins and stuff I'll never use, for half price.

My point is, yes, it is unfortunate that apparently, you don't seem to be getting these discounts all that often, or ever.  But I think you're reading a bit too far into it.  If login rewards were, truly, weighted against giving vets discount coupons, then, again, I must be the one outlier to the rule.  Since I, personally, can't accept that my luck is that high, then I can't accept that these discount coupons are so rare for high-level, active players.  Or, who knows, maybe the game's just taunting me with the discounts, because it knows that I'm not going to use them, because I have nothing left to buy, that warrants using a half-price coupon.

Well the point still stands that it seems to favor lower MR players. People who have recieved numerous discounts for very few logins vs those whom have logged in everyday and recieved nothing. Even if it is in the pool for high mr , the chance must be abismal in comparison. My sisters sitting at over 10% chance of getting a discount on login based on her draws thus far and I'm sitting at 0% (or a decimal so minute that I just havn't reached enough logins for it to be accurately represented)

13 minutes ago, (PS4)appretice said:

Well the point still stands that it seems to favor lower MR players. People who have recieved numerous discounts for very few logins vs those whom have logged in everyday and recieved nothing. Even if it is in the pool for high mr , the chance must be abismal in comparison. My sisters sitting at over 10% chance of getting a discount on login based on her draws thus far and I'm sitting at 0% (or a decimal so minute that I just havn't reached enough logins for it to be accurately represented)

Honestly, to me, that actually makes sense, though.  Like I said, I usually just let discounts that I do get go to waste, because I have nothing to spend them on, besides skins and cosmetics that I don't want/will never wear, or things like potatoes where saving 10p isn't exactly worth using a coupon over.  The only time I've ever actually used a discount coupon, was to get the Xiphos, because I hate grinding for ships, and I'm only one part away from both Mantis and Scimitar anyway, where I had zero parts collected for Xiphos at the time.  A lower MR player, on the other hand, isn't going to have everything from the shop, and is much more likely to spend the plat they do have to skip the grind on something like, say, Ash, or Mesa.  Getting them for half price is a pretty big incentive, as well.

Again, I'm not denying that login discounts are distributed more to newer players.  But, one, I don't think it's nearly to the degree as some people might expect. (Let me reiterate that I don't have any hard numbers, but only my own experience to go on, and that I may very well be the one, very lucky, exception to the rule.)  And two, as I stated, it's probably better that way, in the end.  Trust me, if I could exclude myself from ever getting any more login discount coupons, and give them to other people, I would.  As it stands, there are, apparently, a whole lot of scammers running around offering to use their coupons for people, so I'd rather not be the one guy who legitimately offers that deal, and gets reported out of skepticism.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Rakiokon said:

I was talking about veterans.. Someone started playing since MR21 came im sorry but to me sounds like a fresh player.. In fact you've got 2 discounts, people thats here around from 2-3 years like me and a lot of other people got no one in over 180 logins made (since login rewards has been changed), thats the difference, DE feel like to encourage fresh players and thats fine to me, just i cant deal with the fact they seems to "punish" the veterans for their long time effort

2 hours ago, (PS4)appretice said:

We talking about discounts only.. But my guess is that this weird policy applies to the whole game, ofc i cant get proves here, but so many times i wondered how thats possible that any single prime part takes to me 30+ keys to drop but a few clanmates (barely active or with a lot less time spent ingame compared to me) are able to get em easy.. And spares to sell as well..

im not talking about something happened once, is just something happens everytime or almost (last puncture mods tact alert was just amusing to compare my 5% drop chance with their 40%, regardless they ran it 4-5x more than me because they were in need of that mods when i simply dont)

Update she just got another today. She literally got a 50 off two days ago when she logged in and hasn't logged in since and just got another 50 off... two... in... a row. Seriously? Broken system is broken. Honestly they should just make none of them random, have every day preset. With less valuable coupons in the early days of log ins and higher ones later on to promote long term activity.

Update: My chance of getting one just went up to 0.56. Just got my first coupon since this new login system. Seems if you complain you get what you want in this game xP

Edited by (PS4)appretice

23 hours ago, (PS4)appretice said:

Update she just got another today. She literally got a 50 off two days ago when she logged in and hasn't logged in since and just got another 50 off... two... in... a row. Seriously? Broken system is broken. Honestly they should just make none of them random, have every day preset. With less valuable coupons in the early days of log ins and higher ones later on to promote long term activity.

Update: My chance of getting one just went up to 0.56. Just got my first coupon since this new login system. Seems if you complain you get what you want in this game xP

WTF just posted the same lol read above, ive got a discount me too tonight!

Just now, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

Im even more suspicious now that ive got my first login discount EVER tonight, right after we was complaining on the Forum about it lol (still 1 out of exactly 185 logins done) 

If thats all it takes...  I STILL haven't gotten a login discount!!!!

(I'll let you know if it works tomorrow.) :smile:

On 6/17/2016 at 6:59 PM, [DE]Drew said:

I would like to preface by saying I am a true vet of Warframe playing PC before it ever came to consoles. I have found I enjoy the game play better  on the console despite the many oversights and lack of attention paid to issues in the venue.

Now to my point. Come on Drew... hardly a double dip bud. At best the plat discount on consoles is 30%. Coupled with a single item discount that I have yet to receive once in 150+ log-ins. Let me pose you a question that will make this very simple. Would you rather go to an atm that gives you 75% more money that you can use to buy anything with even from street vendors (other tenno in game), or would you rather go to an atm where you only get at best 30% more money and a coupon to buy one item from the company store?Pretty sure you know exactly what you would do and everyone else for that matter. So in short it is grossly unequal. 

PS PC can double dip through steam and get even more off a platinum purpose. That's a true double dip!

(There are very few single items of any value fore a near rank 22 player so that discount for the market is of little use.)

Edited by (PS4)Berkthigar
Typos

Finally someone mentioned it here.

Yes it's really weird - at PC I can get discount for platinum and buy a lot of stuff in market, but on console I get discount on single market's item. That makes me buy forma or somethig other with low cost, but not to spend money for platinum with regular prince.

I think it will be fair to modify market for us to be able use some kind of cart, at least for 10 items, so we can apply coupon to all items in cart. Of course, discounts should be applied to item packs too.