The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Muscular Female Frame Anyone???

Ibro156

1 hour ago, Ibro156 said:

Freaking, I like the first one, love the power glove. Second still looks great tho. Yah, I do agree. My opinion has changed slightly on this topic. I do think it's unrelevant to talk about anymore.

Quick off topic question. Can you send me.your link to your concept art? Like to check it out. Also, what's here theme and kit all about?

Those designs actually look like something the Orokin would build, I though you meant something crazy and unrealistic like zarya. I actually really like those concepts imagine the prime versions....

19 hours ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

(Because its the logical thing to do also societies that seek perfection like the orokin)

(Would she not be spotted as she looks in the game as well, we don't know enough abut this yet to come to a conclusion.)

I mean, if you don't like the idea of a muscular female 'frame because you just don't like it, that's fine. You are completely, 100% allowed and justified in stating your preference, and your preference needs no support other than "I just like things this way." But....if you put forward weak arguments to defend your position and insist that your statements are true, I'm going to point that out and ask you to back up your statements. 

(I see so why do you think there could be a bulky female frame, all the female frames so far have not be bulky and they all follow standard female builds{this should tell us a little about the orokins idea of beauty and perfection, learn about a society through their work}  only the males are big and bulky. Now that I have stated why it is highly unlikely why there will be a muscular bulky female frame I want a couple good points why there will be. Everything about the game and the orokin seems to hint: that they wont build a female frame like that.

The answer boils down to we cannot be 100% sure if there will be a bulky female frame or not since well technically there can be , but every one of the orokins designs for female warframes have smaller builds and how male warframes are the only bulky ones hints that there will not be. Im just saying its highly unlikely. As for before the reason we compare the orokin with other futuristic societies that seek perfection is because its logical. Its like comparing two similar types of viruses if you want to learn about one you can look at the other thats very much like it because it will probably have similar traits.

Right, sorry, I must have missed this post in the flurry of thread cleanup.

About your points, the ones left in the quotes above:

I dispute that it is the logical thing to compare the Orokin to other science fiction societies and extrapolate from their about their ideas re: gender. They retain some notably different aesthetic touches in their technology and architecture, and culturally they had an apparent weird mixup of SCIENCE LORDS OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM and TOTALLY NOT FUTURE IMPERIAL BUDDHISTS, which makes them a little unusual. They're certainly not the Federation (Star Trek) or the Republic (Star Wars). They're not quite the Eldar either, although that's getting slightly closer (Warhammer 40,000). So, which other science fiction societies, exactly, do you wish to compare them to?  The Culture? The Zentradi? Protoss, no. Minbari? Pfff, get the Minbari out of here.

Your last point kinda boils down to: I don't think there will be a burly female 'frame because there hasn't been one yet. I mean, people have argued that a burly female Warframe would break from the Orokin aesthetic, but I don't see anyone decrying either Inaros or Chroma as being non-canonical. In a game which contains Chroma1, Inaros2, Limbo3, Mirage4, Nekros5, and Ivara6, the only reason necessary to have a physically large female warframe is: "This is a cool design for a female tank Warframe, let's make it." In particular, the sort of half baked, half worked on idea for a disruption based, temporary buff-acquiring land-shark female Warframe tank? Hot dam, I would play the hell out of that.

1 Mr. Lumpy Dragon Hide.

2 An actual Egyptian inspired mummy.

3 A stage magician.

4 A jester/harlequin.

5 Spooky scary skellingtons.

6 Sneaky tree frog archer.

13 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I dispute that it is the logical thing to compare the Orokin to other science fiction societies and extrapolate from their about their ideas re: gender. They retain some notably different aesthetic touches in their technology and architecture, and culturally they had an apparent weird mixup of SCIENCE LORDS OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM and TOTALLY NOT FUTURE IMPERIAL BUDDHISTS, which makes them a little unusual. They're certainly not the Federation (Star Trek) or the Republic (Star Wars). They're not quite the Eldar either, although that's getting slightly closer (Warhammer 40,000). So, which other science fiction societies, exactly, do you wish to compare them to?  The Culture? The Zentradi? Protoss, no. Minbari? Pfff, get the Minbari out of here.

Your last point kinda boils down to: I don't think there will be a burly female 'frame because there hasn't been one yet. I mean, people have argued that a burly female Warframe would break from the Orokin aesthetic, but I don't see anyone decrying either Inaros or Chroma as being non-canonical. In a game which contains Chroma1, Inaros2, Limbo3, Mirage4, Nekros5, and Ivara6, the only reason necessary to have a physically large female warframe is: "This is a cool design for a female tank Warframe, let's make it." In particular, the sort of half baked, half worked on idea for a disruption based, temporary buff-acquiring land-shark female Warframe tank? Hot dam, I would play the hell out of that.

1 Mr. Lumpy Dragon Hide.

3 A stage magician.

4 A jester/harlequin.

Slow down there I thought you guys meant something different like zarya from overwatch which completely doesn't fit the games art type but I just saw the concepts you guys were making and I have to say not only did they look good but I can't even imagine how awesome the prime version would look, they definitely get the Orokin stamp of approval.

Heres the thing, a muscular huge burly warframe would break the warframe aesthetic because we don't even really have any muscles on many male frames(besides atlas) but ones that are shown drawn in leaning more toward the one that looks like mei(the ice person) from overwatch) fit the ashetic perfectly. 

To sum it up I thought the idea was a ridiculously crazy strong frame like how they just shoved zarya in for overwatch for diversity ugh. But the concepts look really nice and I think we need more natural diversity which is that is a frame that actually has a reason to be burly. And this thread is actually giving one idea that I want in the game now because it's ascetics(and hopefully power set) would look awesome.

(If you've seen those Russian women who can do crazy stuff like carry parts of tress like trees that's the kinds hugeness that the frame would look) That's what I think we should base the burly frame off of.

Also you murdered my sides with the warframe names... Mr. Lumpy Dragon hide.

thought to be fair I've predicted the moves of DE in the past (Almost everything on Umbra and the main part of the Second dream) so I have an idea of what they will do most of the time. Again zarya frame will not happen but the other stuff...you guys need to start making the power sets so you can submit it

to DE(or however you make a fan frame happen)

Edited by (XB1)MK Ultra K11

Yeah, dude, I don't think anyone was ever saying "Let's just copy and paste Zarya directly into Warframe and make her into a 'frame". They were saying "Why not have a really burly, imposing female 'frame?"

(Also, Zarya is really cool...in Overwatch. She doesn't have to be in Warframe. She's just a really cool character in her own game, the game which she is in, and where people like her. Because she's a cool character. She's not a token burly gurl, she's one of the best characters in the game, a tank who takes some actual attention to play, but who is powerful as hek when you do.)

Edited by BornWithTeeth

7 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Yeah, dude, I don't think anyone was ever saying "Let's just copy and paste Zarya directly into Warframe and make her into a 'frame". They were saying "Why not have a really burly, imposing female 'frame?"

(Also, Zarya is really cool...in Overwatch. She doesn't have to be in Warframe. She's just a really cool character in her own game, the game which she is in, and where people like her. Because she's a cool character. She's not a token burly gurl, she's one of the best characters in the game, a tank who takes some actual attention to play, but who is powerful as hek when you do.)

Ok, yeah I thought it was basically a zarya copy past because that would be BAD for warframe in so many ways. But yeah burly is not a bad idea as long as it fits the Orokins design and so far all the concepts do.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Ok, yeah I thought it was basically a zarya copy past because that would be BAD for warframe in so many ways. But yeah burly is not a bad idea as long as it fits the Orokins design and so far all the concepts do.

Yah. I even I don't want copied and pasted Zarya into Warframe. I meant as a muscular female Warframe like the Concept that Arch111 was showing. 

I quickly go edit my OP. So there won't be anymore confusion about it.

6 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

Yah. I even I don't want copied and pasted Zarya into Warframe. I meant as a muscular female Warframe like the Concept that Arch111 was showing. 

I believe that may of caused the 8 pages of h8 m8. (I couldn't help myself)

1 hour ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Probably, but who knows maybe if things were worded a little differently it would only be five pages of hate?

Yeah,pretty much. Wording is key. 

Honestly, I do not think anyone would care. Other a Vocal minority as long as the Frame was pleasing to look at by design and had a useable kit.

2 hours ago, Ibro156 said:

And somehow you still fail. Please stop digging your hole deeper.

2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

1 Mr. Lumpy Dragon Hide.

3 A stage magician.

4 A jester/harlequin.

Lets be honest, The Orakin seem to just consume ideas and are maybe by design Aliens who study human ideas and made battle suits for themselves (Which the Tenno use later. Or maybe their where Tenno who wore Prototype ones we see sometimes.)

Just now, (XB1)TheRoflLizard said:

And somehow you still fail. Please stop digging your hole deeper.

Hum, real charming :/

2 minutes ago, (XB1)TheRoflLizard said:

Honestly, I do not think anyone would care. Other a Vocal minority as long as the Frame was pleasing to look at by design and had a useable kit.

So you okay with everyone pushing for Typhs? The fact Chroma's see horse helm changed because people didn't liked it. Honestly, if your saying this. Yet some many people were bashing DE for the see horse helm. To be honest I didn't really liked it either but I would just waited for alt helm to put on him. Anyway, I was just pointing out something not asking. There a freaking difference.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)TheRoflLizard said:

Lets be honest, The Orakin seem to just consume ideas and are maybe by design Aliens who study human ideas and made battle suits for themselves.

Okay, I had enough. Seriously, gimme a quote that supports that idea. If not, just stop talking about it as they have directly said that. This seems your getting confused with your theory with game's lore. 

Where does it in the game does that says the Warframe were meant to be suits? This seems to be your personal theory. From what I've seen, I would think of them as Infested puppets with a living void battery powering them.

Give yourself a quote to support your idea. Please, I seriously want to see it. As I loved game's lore and I tend to be a nerd about it. So yah, am pretty sure I didn't miss it...