The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Exploiters in Operation Rathuum.

(PSN)youngjackula

I'm a clan warlord and my clan is usually top 10 in kills, but only managed to get to Rank 16 in the Rathuum leaderboards. 

I looked in the leaderboards and saw some clans with over 40,000 kills, and one with 90,000 kills!

So I decide to check individual scores as well and some people had thousands, these people are clearly

exploiting, and it's having a big influence on the clans. It isn't fair that honest players do terribly, and

the cheaters get gold trophies and glory.

DE has to start taking action against these people who are exploiting the game.

They were not exploiting. With properly built frames and weapons its totally possible to go that high.

Heck it only took me like 40min to get 500kills. If I cared about leaderboards, had clanmates and all 9 of them did the same thing we'd probably be in top 20 ghost clans. Now, if all 10 players spent whole day killing executioners (which I'm sure many dedicated players did) we'd obviously score higher. Energy was not an issue even with 4 players, and don't even need those focus passives when there is already Equilibrium.

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

2 hours ago, (PS4)iBoiz said:

They were not exploiting. With properly built frames and weapons its totally possible to go that high.

Heck it only took me like 40min to get 500kills. If I cared about leaderboards, had clanmates and all 9 of them did the same thing we'd probably be in top 20 ghost clans. Now, if all 10 players spent whole day killing executioners (which I'm sure many dedicated players did) we'd obviously score higher. Energy was not an issue even with 4 players, and don't even need those focus passives when there is already Equilibrium.

I'm talking about the people camping and stealth killing as they spawn in front of them. Thousands of kills easily.

All the events leaderboards are is "Who can exploit and carry players the most".

Few people are aware of the definition of exploitation, well here it is:

Exploitation: The action of making use of and benefiting from resources.

You can't deny that what's going on isn't exploiting. The events aren't fair. There is no skill, and barely any effort in doing this.

3 hours ago, (PS4)iBoiz said:

Basically ^ this! 

/thread.

If you ever wanted an indication that the WF community has become toxic look no further. The assumption made by the OP is that if he can't figure out how to run an event then anyone that has must be exploiting. Not only is that intellectually lazy but it is also invidious in that it presumes the worst (i.e. cheating) with zero proof. Nobody likes cheaters but at least perform *some* kind of research before making the leap that people are exploiting and then posting to the forums. It may make you look like a total jackass otherwise.    

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Bob_Dole478 said:

If you ever wanted an indication that the WF community has become toxic look no further. The assumption made by the OP is that if he can't figure out how to run an event then anyone that has must be exploiting. Not only is that intellectually lazy but it is also invidious in that it presumes the worst (i.e. cheating) with zero proof. Nobody likes cheaters but at least perform *some* kind of research before making the leap that people are exploiting and then posting to the forums. It may make you look like a total jackass otherwise.    

Truth

On June 20, 2016 at 9:52 PM, (PS4)J_DANGER_ said:

I love the part where you compare being "top 10 in kills" to an event leaderboard. Everyone knows that the weekly kill leaderboard means nothing. Lol

The event and kills leaderboards are pretty meaningless. But as both leaderboards in this case involve kills I thought it'd be okay to make a comparison.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Bob_Dole478 said:

40,000 kills by 1 person. You can't deny that it's incredibly suspicious, especially considering the majority of clans don't get that high.

If he was leader of a 1 man Moon, he'd easily secure Rank 2 or 3 in Moon leaderboards.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)youngjackula said:

40,000 kills by 1 person. You can't deny that it's incredibly suspicious, especially considering the majority of clans don't get that high.

If he was leader of a 1 man Moon, he'd easily secure Rank 2 or 3 in Moon leaderboards.

It took 5 DAYS

There was/is nothing fishy with the 40k score and even if there was that would be between DE and and the player in question. DE is quite capable of policing events on their own and can and do take action without other players posting unsubstantiated b.s. on the forums. This entire post started out as a Rage/Rant post that then became a name/shame against another player. This post should be locked by the moderators.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Bob_Dole478 said:

There was/is nothing fishy with the 40k score and even if there was that would be between DE and and the player in question. DE is quite capable of policing events on their own and can and do take action without other players posting unsubstantiated b.s. on the forums. This entire post started out as a Rage/Rant post that then became a name/shame against another player. This post should be locked by the moderators.

I must have missed the naming part. Pretty sure it hasn't been mentioned...

A PS4 would become pretty overheated after 5 days, even with a cooling pack. It'd crash eventually.

This is beginning to bore me, I feel as though I've entered a theological debate, there will be no winner.

I've reported the user to DE, if they tell me he was exploiting then I'll bump this with a screenshot, but if they can confirm he was running the mission for 100+ hours then I'll bump this with an apology. 

53 minutes ago, (PS4)youngjackula said:

A PS4 would become pretty overheated after 5 days, even with a cooling pack. It'd crash eventually.

This is beginning to bore me, I feel as though I've entered a theological debate, there will be no winner.

I've reported the user to DE, if they tell me he was exploiting then I'll bump this with a screenshot, but if they can confirm he was running the mission for 100+ hours then I'll bump this with an apology. 

Depends on if you pause while solo the time in mission keeps counting