Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker rage stories

Cleocide

So, I'm rather upset right now.

It's literally been months and months since I've seen stalker, literally hundreds of missions. I've wanted to see him badly to get war.

I've been marked the entire time, of course.

And when does he finally show?

When I do a solo with nekros, with unmodified health and shields, to test a new shadows build. That's when he comes, and he one-shots me with exalted blade from a distance. Shadows is all that build is good at, and they're obviously useless against him.

I've literally paused the game to come here and vent.

Still, I took off half his health with vaykor marelok before he got me, but the fight was over so fast.

I remember the first time I killed him, did a slide attack critical with kronen as loki and destroyed him instantly.

Ah well, at least he makes it exciting. I hope he visits again soon, when I'm using a stronger frame.

But he won't. He's a sneaky jerk.

Anyone have any good stalker stories?

i hear a lot of people saying he's most likely to show up when you have your lowest ranking stuff equipped, but i digress. i remember i fought him once and it was neck and neck. we fought for a little while staying about even on health. and then the final moment came...i got the final blow in, or so i thought...he started kneeling down...started doing his little "i've been defeated" speech...and then something flew from him (don't know what) killing me instantly...mission failed....sigh

He has showed up quite a few times only to incapacitate his target and leave right after. I desperately and solely need the Scimitar Engine and he just walks out of there without second thought. If we did manage to actually take him down, he rewards us with a mod.

once he fell in a water pit (or whatever they are called) in the void.

since he couldn't reach me with his war, the son of a **** teleported me down in the hole. I did jump out, but then he teleported me back again. and again. and again...

until i died.

47 minutes ago, Cleocide said:

So, I'm rather upset right now.

It's literally been months and months since I've seen stalker, literally hundreds of missions. I've wanted to see him badly to get war.

I've been marked the entire time, of course.

And when does he finally show?

When I do a solo with nekros, with unmodified health and shields, to test a new shadows build. That's when he comes, and he one-shots me with exalted blade from a distance. Shadows is all that build is good at, and they're obviously useless against him.

I've literally paused the game to come here and vent.

Still, I took off half his health with vaykor marelok before he got me, but the fight was over so fast.

I remember the first time I killed him, did a slide attack critical with kronen as loki and destroyed him instantly.

Ah well, at least he makes it exciting. I hope he visits again soon, when I'm using a stronger frame.

But he won't. He's a sneaky jerk.

Anyone have any good stalker stories?

He hasn't shown up for me either,only once before I did the second dream quest, one shot me with despair

Running exterminates with Ember in the void when he showed up. I noticed that he's out of attack range, so I kept firing my arrows at him. Then, I successfully dodged his waves and he fled.

Damn it Dread bp again.

Met him again just now, same case with Ember, killed him...

Damn it Heavy impact again.

Seriously he isn't that hard if you can dodge.

Edited by Guest

The only rage-inducing thing about Stalker to me is how much of a joke they have made him in his Shadow form. 

There were a few vault runs where he came after me and I was able to casually outpace him on my Frost Prime while holding a hobbled key. That is not acceptable for what is suppose to be an evil doppelganger-esque opponent. 

DE, at least allow him to throw War with a 100% chance to proc a slash if it connects unguarded. Then maybe he'll be challenging again instead of feeling like a glorified infested melee unit. 

Also more on topic he tends to show up for me during solo missions when I am trying to do something specific and he's basically not even a thought in my mind until he starts threatening me. 

Edited by Tymerc

I was doing the lvl 100 April fools joke doing it for a credit and broken ammo drum. He basically spawned in as a Shadow Stalker at level 100, he screw the entire team over before we had chance to begun...

Edited by Ibro156

I got a good one, back before when revives didn't replenish i was pugging with this guy that was using a penta and kept killing himself with it like a idiot. Turns out when he died around the third min(bled out) cause he was a mile away and i got tired of rezzing him stalker shows up. Now i'm thinking he had more than 1 revive but he didn't and lo and behold he gets killed by the stalker, i blast him and he drops despair(part he needed) and i let him know that but he doesn't believe me so i decided to screenshot it for him. About a min later he sends me a msg with him raging and LITTERALLY crying like a baby the feels were real there lol.

I was in a tower 1 void mission with freshly forma'd gear and joking with my friend about this would be the best time for stalker to show up.  I think I was  using a Nova.  Sure enough he stalker started stalking.  So I figured I would take him on.  I fought how tooth a d nail going through pizza after pizza to stay alive, barely hurting him.  At some point I saw the writing on the wall and just aborted.  Its true, the stalker is a bully.

One of my last encounters was on Moon tileset, Tycho. I was farming Neurodes with some random people and gues what. He appeared just at the moment when Sentients were scanning us so we had few seconds to think about how the hell should we approach that problem: Stalker and bunch of Sentients at the same time.

When he materialized I just decided to get the hell out of the place and find some room to put energy plate (I don't remember which frame I was using at that time). Then I started hunting down the Sentients one by one.

When I was jumping trough the rooms I met Stalker several times (oh, Hi mister, how are ya?). I completely ignored him so it was funny experience. Almost like there were another frame (player) fighting with mobs. More funny because I noticed he tried to charge in my direction with War several times.

The whole team was spread and had hard time with Sentients but finally I started to focus on Stalker, he lost more than half health in the meantime. I manged to hit him hard one time with HATE :D and lost him from my sight. Finally it appeared other team mate killed him for good so I tried to find the place with loot for several minutes. Of course there was noting but mod, not even Dread.

But this was quite funny encounter. We have like 5 minutes with Stalker, I enjoyed it most :) Usually it's like 10-20 seconds.