The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multishot or raw damage?

TTV.ViccValentine

Question

13 hours ago, Valkyrion said:

Seems like people here favors modding damage or DPS. If that's the case then i give up in explaning. 

So... What do you build your weapon for, if not raw damage, crit, or status?

Can you give an example build where you don't actually use a multishot mod, and the reason as to why you aren't using it?

20 hours ago, Valkyrion said:

That's where you guys got it wrong, "same enemy". And i didn't even say anything about the ammo pool on weapons, You just literally come to the conclusion that "fire rate = useless". Next up you're probably gonna be telling me you use energy siphon on all your warframe? 4 CP? carrier prime? If you only think in the factors about those kind of things in the game that babysits you through level 100+, And you just shoot your way through, you got it all wrong. Not every mission is the same, not every person is the same. And just like what you said, you either mod for two things, which is fine for you but not everyone.

The best example is sortie, Mission like interception pistol only, you can use your lex prime or any destructive things but here i am soloing them using sonicor with fire rate, literally gapping in the delay between ragdoll.
OR even low level mission where you actually need those high rpm weapons and not just press 4 to win speedrun.

There are really no "better" or "mandatory" mods.

You are still wrong :P A sonicor can get upto 180% multishot. means that you will always fire 2 bullets and 80% of the time you are firing three bullets. Fire rate is an increase in damage with the downside of running out of ammo sooner. Multishot on a sonicor gives you double to triple the damage and ragdolls enemies even harder with no downside except that it takes up mod slots. My lex prime on the other hand fires 2-3 bullets which with my crit build is easily one of my strongest weapons. Fire rate is also useless on some weapons like the Brakk as there's no real way to fire a gun faster. But throw on multishot on a brakk and go have fun killing everything. 

When you can match my damage numbers with a gun that doesn't have multishot I might believe you, But I don't see that happening

5 hours ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

You are still wrong :P A sonicor can get upto 180% multishot. means that you will always fire 2 bullets and 80% of the time you are firing three bullets. Fire rate is an increase in damage with the downside of running out of ammo sooner. Multishot on a sonicor gives you double to triple the damage and ragdolls enemies even harder with no downside except that it takes up mod slots. My lex prime on the other hand fires 2-3 bullets which with my crit build is easily one of my strongest weapons. Fire rate is also useless on some weapons like the Brakk as there's no real way to fire a gun faster. But throw on multishot on a brakk and go have fun killing everything. 

When you can match my damage numbers with a gun that doesn't have multishot I might believe you, But I don't see that happening

At first you have a point on damage, now youre embarassing yourself by showing how illiterate you're. I won't discuss any further since you're the most biased person i have discussed with in my life. But i guess you play on PS4 so you don't really have that big of an option of rebinding keys, hence i will tolerate your blabbering.

On 28. júna 2016 at 8:42 AM, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Multishot makes everything stronger, as instead of 1 bullet dealing 2000 toxin damage you get 2 bullets dealing a combinded 4000 damage. Lets say the second shot crits and one bullet does 2000 damage the other bullet does 4000 damage, Thats pretty significant

This is exactly what i never understand about multishot mods. If u something split u must cut it. F.e.: Energy u gave to single bullet is  500 dealing 1000 DMG, if u split same Energy into 2 bullets, each bullet will have 250 Energy, what means each bullet will make 500 DMG. Maybe i ´m missing something. 

21 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

This is exactly what i never understand about multishot mods. If u something split u must cut it. F.e.: Energy u gave to single bullet is  500 dealing 1000 DMG, if u split same Energy into 2 bullets, each bullet will have 250 Energy, what means each bullet will make 500 DMG. Maybe i ´m missing something. 

The damage isn't split. multishot adds an extra bullet every time you fire your gun. So if you have a shotgun that fires 8 pellets and add 100% multishot, the shotgun now fires 16 pellets. Its a 100% damage increase. All pellets do the same damage as the original 8 and are effected equally by mods. Its the same on every weapon except rifles only fire 2 bullets 90% of the time. Everything else is a guaranteed 100% or more boost. 

22 hours ago, Valkyrion said:

(Ignorant ramblings)

You are pretending to know what you are talking about and you don't, And you won't take a hint. And you call me biased? Nice to meet you pot. Im Kettle.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

The damage isn't split. multishot adds an extra bullet every time you fire your gun. So if you have a shotgun that fires 8 pellets and add 100% multishot, the shotgun now fires 16 pellets. Its a 100% damage increase. All pellets do the same damage as the original 8 and are effected equally by mods. Its the same on every weapon except rifles only fire 2 bullets 90% of the time. Everything else is a guaranteed 100% or more boost. 

As it sits now this is what actually happens, but might change with Damage 3.0.

So like everyone said just put a Serration/Point Blank/Hornet Strike with a Multishot mod(s).

2 hours ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

I completly understand the mechanics, but still asking why. From where got the extra bullets Energy to deal same amount of Damage as bullets from magazine? Maybe i forgot its a just a game. But while DE try to be more real, this will definitly change.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

I completly understand the mechanics, but still asking why. From where got the extra bullets Energy to deal same amount of Damage as bullets from magazine? Maybe i forgot its a just a game. But while DE try to be more real, this will definitly change.

Are you really stretching your brain trying to figure out the reasoning behind where the extra bullet the mod produces actually comes from? In a game where an operator in a temporary stasis operates a surrogate alien being with special abilities and space weapons, in space? Let's move on ppl. Just play the game. Those of us that love the multishot mods will be rather displeased if you get something else..... n worded.....

2 hours ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

You are pretending to know what you are talking about and you don't, And you won't take a hint. And you call me biased? Nice to meet you pot. Im Kettle.

I can't comprehend how foolish you're saying i'm "pretending". As an undergraduate of technique of physics, who measures ballistics, redundancy in energy transfer, statistics over time, and calculus, i think YOU'RE the one who's biased ( biggest damage bias instead of actual proof of statistics), ignorant, which is IRONIC. While me, actually uses multishot on pretty much 80% of my build, and actually SOME DON'T. And i already stated my reason why, and you're just explaining things that pretty much most people in this community knows, which is like the most basic of reasons.

You'll probably ignore me again knowing you snip out my previous post.

1 hour ago, Valkyrion said:

I can't comprehend how foolish you're saying i'm "pretending". As an undergraduate of technique of physics, who measures ballistics, redundancy in energy transfer, statistics over time, and calculus, i think YOU'RE the one who's biased ( biggest damage bias instead of actual proof of statistics), ignorant, which is IRONIC. While me, actually uses multishot on pretty much 80% of my build, and actually SOME DON'T. And i already stated my reason why, and you're just explaining things that pretty much most people in this community knows, which is like the most basic of reasons.

Out of curiosity: What kind of builds are those 20% that don't use multishot? Can you give an example?

Only reason to not use Split Chamber is if you use Synoid Simulor. Then just replace it with a fire rate mod.

It's multiplicative +90% average damage/dps. It goes to every build with that one exception.

On 6/29/2016 at 5:27 AM, DarthBane1 said:

Depends on the mission, weapons, etc. If you want to be very precise (Say with a bow), I recommend no multishot as it can jack with the shot. However, if you want to do TONS of damage and don't care what gets hit(EXE Tonkor or penta or a shotgun) then yes, multishot. 

Multishot doesn't affect accuracy.

Edited by Naftal

16 hours ago, Valkyrion said:

You use multishot mods on some builds, and on some you don't. - Understood.  

You've got your own reasons, based on your education and experience, for your mod setups.  - Also understood.

So just to be clear: I'm not debating multishot math with you.  I'm not asking you to re-state any of your previous posts, because I've read them.  I haven't made any statements or assertions at all, so there's no need to write a post refuting me or detailing why I'm wrong.

A couple other posters have already asked, but I'll ask again politely: can you please post a build that you use which you believe doesn't benefit from mutlishot?  I'm not looking to debate your theories on multishot, I'm actually interested. 

17 hours ago, Valkyrion said:

Mathematically multishot's damage multiplier is applied after all other calculations, thereby making it the greatest mathematical change that the weapon's damage output undertakes.

I have yet to see you provide a single valid example that means that we're all idiots for using multishot all the time, would you please do so or stop spouting misinformation.

5 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Mathematically multishot's damage multiplier is applied after all other calculations, thereby making it the greatest mathematical change that the weapon's damage output undertakes.

I have yet to see you provide a single valid example that means that we're all idiots for using multishot all the time, would you please do so or stop spouting misinformation.

You guys aren't idiot, it's just that all of your reasonings are blatantly overused and later on will mislead people onto using it nonstop instead.
Like I already stated above (which you guys ignore, or dont understand), that adding more firerate on a sonicor actually helps more than multishot, WHY? because it reduces the interval between shots and adding more active blast radius, therefor, if a new enemy shows up, it will immediately stagger or ragdoll them. Or even adding ammo mutation and reload speed helps more than damage. Its suppose to be a utility weapon.

There's nothing wrong adding multishot on some weapons, but you guys are blinded by it and damage mods, making it somewhat the holy grail of mandatory weapon mods, because... YOU GUYS DIDN'T CALCULATE ALL THE FACTORS, Therefor your reasonings are only as valid on Damage builds.

Now you guys here are making me shake my head stating that i'm pretending, trolling, joking....
What? Do you want me to tell you That E=mc^2 isn't actually the original equation and should only be used for constant variables? Likewise with our reasoning, using only what the game told you will only get you so far.

And maybe the moderator should lock this thread as there are so many insults >_>

Edited by Valkyrion

14 minutes ago, Valkyrion said:

You guys aren't idiot, it's just that all of your reasonings are blatantly overused and later on will mislead people onto using it nonstop instead.
Like I already stated above (which you guys ignore, or dont understand), that adding more firerate on a sonicor actually helps more than multishot, WHY? because it reduces the interval between shots and adding more active blast radius, therefor, if a new enemy shows up, it will immediately stagger or ragdoll them. Or even adding ammo mutation and reload speed helps more than damage. Its suppose to be a utility weapon.

There's nothing wrong adding multishot on some weapons, but you guys are blinded by it and damage mods, making it somewhat the holy grail of mandatory weapon mods, because... YOU GUYS DIDN'T CALCULATE ALL THE FACTORS, Therefor your reasonings are only as valid on Damage builds.

Now you guys here are making me shake my head stating that i'm pretending, trolling, joking....
What? Do you want me to tell you That E=mc^2 isn't actually the original equation and should only be used for constant variables? Likewise with our reasoning, using only what the game told you will only get you so far.

And maybe the moderator should lock this thread as there are so many insults >_>

We calculated all of the factors already, You just won't admit when you are wrong. You are trying to be the hipster of the forums dissing multishot when its the perfect mod. Multishot makes every mod stronger as more bullets crit, More bullets do more damage and more bullets add status effects with multishot. Add multishot to a sonicor and you get a larger blast radius every time you fire and more damage and it seems like enemies get sent farther if hit by two or more blasts (As i was forma-ing it in draco) Your sonicor should have multishot on it as the lethal torrent mod adds multishot and fire rate. There's literally no reason not to use multishot. Your gun magically fires an extra bullet that costs no ammunition and has no downsides.

Multishot should be on every weapon if you want that weapon to:

A. Deal maximum amount of damage Ex: sancti tigris firing double the amount of pellets and destroying everything in front of it.

B. Have the highest status chance/crit chance possible. Higher number of pellets means more pellets will crit/apply status procs Ex: Boar Prime having every pellet fired apply a status effect. 20 pellets applying corrosive procs can very quickly strip enemy armor. Lex Prime shooting 2-3 bullets with each bullet having a high crit chance.

C. Maximize the effect of any weapon. 

If you like the sonicor, get a mirage and put on as much multishot as you can (maximum 180%) and use hall of mirrors. Enjoy firing 6 to 12 sonicor shots every time you fire the trigger. You will destroy anything within range of the sonicor with the barrage of blasts. The same mechanic works with the angstrum or the atomos as multishot and mirage will fire a large amount of missiles if using the angstrum and will melt any enemies nearby with a stream of flames from the atomos.

47 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

We calculated all of the factors already, You just won't admit when you are wrong. You are trying to be the hipster of the forums dissing multishot when its the perfect mod. Multishot makes every mod stronger as more bullets crit, More bullets do more damage and more bullets add status effects with multishot. Add multishot to a sonicor and you get a larger blast radius every time you fire and more damage and it seems like enemies get sent farther if hit by two or more blasts (As i was forma-ing it in draco) Your sonicor should have multishot on it as the lethal torrent mod adds multishot and fire rate. There's literally no reason not to use multishot. Your gun magically fires an extra bullet that costs no ammunition and has no downsides.

A. Deal maximum amount of damage Ex: sancti tigris firing double the amount of pellets and destroying everything in front of it.

B. Have the highest status chance/crit chance possible. Higher number of pellets means more pellets will crit/apply status procs Ex: Boar Prime having every pellet fired apply a status effect. 20 pellets applying corrosive procs can very quickly strip enemy armor. Lex Prime shooting 2-3 bullets with each bullet having a high crit chance.

If you like the sonicor, get a mirage and put on as much multishot as you can (maximum 180%) and use hall of mirrors. Enjoy firing 6 to 12 sonicor shots every time you fire the trigger. You will destroy anything within range of the sonicor with the barrage of blasts. The same mechanic works with the angstrum or the atomos as multishot and mirage will fire a large amount of missiles if using the angstrum and will melt any enemies nearby with a stream of flames from the atomos.

Oh god...... please stop and someone give someone a trophy? Or both parties a trophy? I feel the bomb with the nerf word on it is being built as we speak. Op, use one configuration with and one configuration without and choose the one that you like best. Please sweet cream jesus, everyone repeat with me, it's a good mod but not op. It's a good mod but not op, it's a good mod but not op. Did you hear that? BRB guys, gotta go check on my bless trin......

1 hour ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Your gun magically fires an extra bullet that costs no ammunition and has no downsides.

I love u

5 hours ago, Valkyrion said:

Like I already stated above (which you guys ignore, or dont understand), that adding more firerate on a sonicor actually helps more than multishot,

As stated before - an example build, please?

10 hours ago, Valkyrion said:

Says the guy ignoring the fact that multishot also increases how many shots can proc status. Since the Sonicor is a pretty decent status weapon I would assume you'd want to take advantage of that, no? I think that's a pretty good non damage reason.

You can also add fire rate/reload etc after multishot and still have the same effect whilst having higher damage than your current build.

20 hours ago, Tomppak said:

As stated before - an example build, please?

sorry my post got deleted by moderators, i can't reply.

15 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Says the guy ignoring the fact that multishot also increases how many shots can proc status. Since the Sonicor is a pretty decent status weapon I would assume you'd want to take advantage of that, no? I think that's a pretty good non damage reason.

You can also add fire rate/reload etc after multishot and still have the same effect whilst having higher damage than your current build.

Most of my replies here must be approved of moderator, so reasoning will be hard.
But De monkey, that's exactly the reason why i dont use multishot, i just want to keep enemies in check and not killing them.
And i'm pretty sad here that all the people here insulted me yet i'm the one that got a warning point :/
Now will this post get posted? let's see ...