Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma farming!

tsuki2525

Question

Guys!!!

I know you can get Forma either the bp or the components itself by doing void missions.

i've seen alot of forums about where to get and the percentage of getting it, but it was years ago.

So I need to know the latest updates on the most effective Forma drops locations and the percentage chances.

Hopefully this thread could help the new players and me if they want to farm for Formas!

13 answers to this question

The best places to farm Forma, in my experience, is T2 Capture (you can also do T1 Capture to get T2 Capture keys), and T3 Sabotage, if you find all 3 caches.
T2 Survival (up to 10 minutes), T4 Defense (up to 10 waves), and T4 Interception (up to 4 rounds) also have good chances, but they take longer to complete.

This is all gonna become irrelevant when Specters of the Rail launches this week though. So if you have good keys to spend, spend them asap. Getting Forma is guaranteed to change after the update, whether it be harder or easier. So it's best to be safe.

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

The cheapest method:

Do T2 Survivals 30 min, you'll have 4 chances of ~1/5 on 5, 10, 25 and 30 minutes.

The fair method:

Do T3 Sabotage for a ~1/4 chance (find all caches for a better chance).

The boring method:

Do T3 MD for a ~1/4 chance.

The expensive method:

Do T3 Captures for a ~1/4 chance.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)tpesconi said:

The cheapest method:

Do T2 Survivals 30 min, you'll have 4 chances of ~1/5 on 5, 10, 25 and 30 minutes.

The fair method:

Do T3 Sabotage for a ~1/4 chance (find all caches for a better chance).

The boring method:

Do T3 MD for a ~1/4 chance.

The expensive method:

Do T3 Captures for a ~1/4 chance.

T3 Capture really has a 25% Forma drop chance? I must have been really unlucky then, because I spent all 11 of those keys last week and didn't get a single one.

How to farm forma:

1. Do NOT expect to find Forma

2. Hope to find a rare item or a specific prime item you want instead

3. Play any endless T4 tower (Survival, Defense, Interception). Non-endless works too, but not nearly as reliable. T4 always yields the worst loot drops, for some reason.

4. Always say "I hope we don't get Forma" or something to that effect while playing.

5. By now, RNGsus has heard your pleas and will do everything in his power to make sure you get nothing but cores and forma for your stay. Plus points if he gives it to you on the C rotation

Viola, instant Forma drops.

Edited by Alma_Elma

14 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

T3 Capture really has a 25% Forma drop chance? I must have been really unlucky then, because I spent all 11 of those keys last week and didn't get a single one.

Yes, it's RNG, 8 keys of T3 Sabotage yesterday and no formas bps for me, haha... Although It's not unusual to get 2 formas bps on a single run on T3 Sabotage, depends on the day.

I really don't recommend to farm formas on T3 Capture, since you burn keys too fast for a single reward and the keys are not abundant as others. T2 Survival and T3 Sabotage are the best methods, cheap and you also get some ducats.

29 minutes ago, Alma_Elma said:

How to farm forma:

1. Do NOT expect to find Forma

2. Hope to find a rare item or a specific prime item you want instead

3. Play any endless T4 tower (Survival, Defense, Interception). Non-endless works too, but not nearly as reliable. T4 always yields the worst loot drops, for some reason.

4. Always say "I hope we don't get Forma" or something to that effect while playing.

5. By now, RNGsus has heard your pleas and will do everything in his power to make sure you get nothing but cores and forma for your stay. Plus points if he gives it to you on the C rotation

Viola, instant Forma drops.

The perfect formula!

I wonder if it works the other way around....?