Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Confused About Inaros

Baelfire11

Question

Well i recently got inaros and i heard he's a tank except i dunno what his ultimate does seriously he just uses up all his health and the power gets at 100 % then what ? and yeah i am a noobic moron so the solution i think will be quite simple which i was too dumb to see 

9 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Baelfire11 said:

Well i recently got inaros and i heard he's a tank except i dunno what his ultimate does seriously he just uses up all his health and the power gets at 100 % then what ? and yeah i am a noobic moron so the solution i think will be quite simple which i was too dumb to see 

It converts his health into additional armour.

Later you can shoot 25% of this additional armour into an enemy, paralysing them and inflicting damage over time that is transferred into your and nearby allies health. This state spreads to enemies if they come too close to the target, and these new enemies can apread it further.

What this means that you can effectively lock out whole crowds of enemies and restore health from them - a single large group can give you or your temmates hundreds of HP in seconds.

Edited by VisionAndVoice

It feels gimmicky to me.  While it works, the risk vs reward is too high... that big group you need to make it work, all shooting at you while you have no health, a touch of lag or an unexpected cat to the face and its over.  Couple that with needing things to get close to your target, which sometimes fails if your buddy kills them all with tonkor or whatever.   Its one of those things that works great, except when it doesn't, and when it doesn't, you have no health left.

12 minutes ago, jonnin said:

It feels gimmicky to me.  While it works, the risk vs reward is too high... that big group you need to make it work, all shooting at you while you have no health, a touch of lag or an unexpected cat to the face and its over.  Couple that with needing things to get close to your target, which sometimes fails if your buddy kills them all with tonkor or whatever.   Its one of those things that works great, except when it doesn't, and when it doesn't, you have no health left.

You don't need to charge it up all at once, you know.

1 hour ago, jonnin said:

Granted, it works better on Infested, but a) you don't need to charge it at once, and b) there's his second ability that can fully restock your HP because you're invincivle while you eat.

Inaros does not run out of health if he doesn't want to.

General Tips for Inaros:

1) Vitality. Vitality, vitality, vitality. Max the mod out and you'll have 5000 plus hp, more than most frames can ever hope to gain. It takes 2900 iirc to go from 0-100 armor.

2) In lower level stuff you probably won't need the armor, but in high end, assuming your team mates don't smear the mobs from the get go, charge to 25%, short cast your 4 on an enemy and then start charging. The amount of health you gain will compete with how much you lose at the same rate. In my case, it heals me faster than I can lose it through charging.

3) If you drop below half health, heal. Either life strike on a weapon (I HIGHLY recommend this, btw) or short cast your 4 or Use your 1 to stun enemies then melee them. His passive gives you 20% of your max life back.

4) Use your 1 often if there are a lot of humanoid esque mobs crowded. You can usually use finishers on 3-5 of them before the stun wears off.

5) Short cast your 4 on a nearby enemy before reviving people. This heals you if you get shot (Unlikely as your 4 spreads like wildfire) and it stuns most mobs so you can rez without risk.

6) Tell your team mates that you will mark enemies they can heal on at the beginning, then keep an eye on the life of your squad. Use your 2 then mark them. You can do this to multiple enemies. If they run and use the follow up command on them, they will absorb their hp.

7) Kubrows. Are. Unkillable. Use a kubrow with the life link mod (Idk the name, it could be life link) and your kubrow will have just as much insanely high health as you. They also heal if you heal via life strike (Possibly other methods, I don't pay that much attention, if I'm honest.)

8) If, god forbid, there is a mob you are having trouble killing, toss em off the map! Your sandstorm will pick up enemies and toss them. Including over the rail, into the abyss, if you are outside.

9) Your 2 can be used from a range and the enemy pulled toward you if you hold it down.

I'm sure there's more but I'll update the list if I remember.

Edited by (PS4)Sin-Kytori
Thought of more stuff.