Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Serration still in the game?

LiveAus

Question

I've read that Serration was going to/has been removed from the game. Which is it? I ask because i'm a n00b and have spent hours doing 20 min runs in Apollodorus and so far no Serration has dropped. Am i wasting my time?

Edited by LiveAus

11 answers to this question

It's still in the game and we're not sure yet if it'll be removed nor "when" will it be removed.

It has to do with a certain "damage 3.0" and/or scaling of the damage and enemies. But no info yet

Edited by Trichouette

4 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

It's still in the game and we're not sure yet if it'll be removed nor "when" will it be removed.

It has to do with a certain "damage 3.0" and/or scaling of the damage and enemies. But no info yet

Thanks, back to Apollodorus then!

And here I will place my ritual denouncement of the idiocy calling for damage mods to be removed. 

To take the choice of what to put pips in away from the player, would be a downgrade.  Bumping up your damage, watching it rise, its rise being under your control, and having to decide whether to bump up your damage or something else, is one contributory factor to the game's addictiveness from the early to mid game. 

Don't do it DE, you have something unique and interesting here, and different from other games, don't blandify WF to  be like every other game and its mother.  Don't listen to players who just want to make every game they play like games they're familiar with.

35 minutes ago, Omnimorph said:

And here I will place my ritual denouncement of the idiocy calling for damage mods to be removed. 

To take the choice of what to put pips in away from the player, would be a downgrade.  Bumping up your damage, watching it rise, its rise being under your control, and having to decide whether to bump up your damage or something else, is one contributory factor to the game's addictiveness from the early to mid game. 

Don't do it DE, you have something unique and interesting here, and different from other games, don't blandify WF to  be like every other game and its mother.  Don't listen to players who just want to make every game they play like games they're familiar with.

Wow nice one. That's absolutely not the subject of the thread.

Anyway I have to say, it's always nice to start building a weapon just by puting all multishot and the basic damage mod. That's a very "free" move that totally feels like "modding".

It's still around and we have no idea what the devs really have in mind for the upcoming changes of Damage3.0/Weapons2.0.

I suspect any changes will be reduced mod scaling and the introduction of a level cap, but that's pure speculation and we simply don't know what will happen.

Until then, just drive on as before and don't pay much attention to crap you happen to see on the intardwebz.

1 hour ago, Trichouette said:

Wow nice one. That's absolutely not the subject of the thread.

Anyway I have to say, it's always nice to start building a weapon just by puting all multishot and the basic damage mod. That's a very "free" move that totally feels like "modding".

But think back to those long beginning weeks and months when you were building up Serration, etc., as well as your tanking mods and other mods, and deciding where to put pips.

Endgame players tend to view everything from their own perspective, and of course because they're used to doing full damage, they're more concerned with utility and view those 2 slots as a "waste".  They forget what it was like in the early days, and the excitement of building up your damage - the most important thing you do - yourself.

It's absurd to have that automated with levelling, like every other game, and then call that a gain.

53 minutes ago, Omnimorph said:

But think back to those long beginning weeks and months when you were building up Serration, etc., as well as your tanking mods and other mods, and deciding where to put pips.

Endgame players tend to view everything from their own perspective, and of course because they're used to doing full damage, they're more concerned with utility and view those 2 slots as a "waste".  They forget what it was like in the early days, and the excitement of building up your damage - the most important thing you do - yourself.

It's absurd to have that automated with levelling, like every other game, and then call that a gain.

It's a "gain" because with this change you can finally do what we call "modding" and not just "put whatever is vital to the weapon"

And I don't see this as my "perspective as a player who has all these mods maxed" but rather as the one I had when I maxed this thing.

I played 90% of the game with these mods (unless pressure point which is the easiest of them to max) at 6/10 ranks and one day I thought "oh well, let's level them up"

There is NOTHING to lose from this, especially since you know DE is going to give up fusion cores for the removals of mods anyway.

Anyway... If you want to argue on this we should do that as private message instead of in this thread (that isn't related to the debate)

7 hours ago, Omnimorph said:

Ignoring for a moment that DE aren't sure if they will do it yet, way to miss the plan. The proposed plan is to give every single weapon Serration for free; unranked, a weapon will have an unranked Serration, and Serration will rank up every three levels

It would be functionally identical to making all weapons have 9 slots instead of 8, with the caveat that the 9th slot must have Serration in it

21 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Ignoring for a moment that DE aren't sure if they will do it yet, way to miss the plan. The proposed plan is to give every single weapon Serration for free; unranked, a weapon will have an unranked Serration, and Serration will rank up every three levels

It would be functionally identical to making all weapons have 9 slots instead of 8, with the caveat that the 9th slot must have Serration in it

Except you've just lost a point of choice - and made the game that bit more like every other game, which has auto-levelling damage.  You've lost the anticipation of building up your damage by your own efforts (I remember feeling a sense of achievement when I finally ranked Serration, and some of the other damage/tanking mods). 

Except you've just lost a point of choice

Incorrect. The hypothetical situation I've dfescribed lets you GAIN a point of choice

and made the game that bit more like every other game, which has auto-levelling damage.  You've lost the anticipation of building up your damage by your own efforts (I remember feeling a sense of achievement when I finally ranked Serration, and some of the other damage/tanking mods). 

Very correct. I enjoyed the feeling of ranking up Serration to lvl10 at long last. Ah, those were good times...