Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I get Vauban?

(PSN)NOVI1KONOBI

Question

Hi so I've been using nyx for a little while now and I really like her but I feel like she isn't really for me I really love CC but I also like doing damage and just holding entire rooms and denying areas before I had nyx I would use my frost setup a snow globe and just destroy swarms of enemies with my tonkor while not being touched but I wanted something new and fun and nyx while still very good and useful just isn't as enjoyable for me so I was just wondering if Vauban would be a good choice (regular not prime I don't really see any big advantage to prime other than cosmetic and I could just buy Vauban and use him right away because I have some spare plat) I was just wondering what you guys think and if you have any other frame suggestions please tell me, (I have Loki p, frost, valkyr, mag, and nyx)

Edited by (PS4)NOVI1KONOBI

11 answers to this question

Vortex + AoE weapon with good gas or electric proc chance = Total, disgusting carnage.

Also Repelling Bastille and vortex are some of the best CC in the game. I don't really enjoy pure CC frames, but Vauban I loved from the first vortex grenade I threw down 6 hours ago XD

Vauban doesn't really do damage (except maybe minelayer/shred? I haven't played him yet since rework), but he's one of the best CC in the game.

Equinox can do both CC and damage with the right build, but not both at the same time. Some things also need to get fixed to make equinox go from overall good to great.

edit : and @Ciaus is right, vortex is a beast, especially with an AoE weapon.

Edited by blaes

10 minutes ago, blaes said:

Vauban doesn't really do damage (except maybe minelayer/shred? I haven't played him yet since rework), but he's one of the best CC in the game.

Equinox can do both CC and damage with the right build, but not both at the same time. Some things also need to get fixed to make equinox go from overall good to great.

edit : and @Ciaus is right, vortex is a beast, especially with an AoE weapon.

Well I didn't mean powers to do damage I just meant like i could just sit in frosts snow globe and deal tons of damage with my tonkor while being protected and nyx just makes them fight eachother but they all kinda scatter and still target you and are kinda hard to just take out quickly and I feel like vortex+tonkor would be pretty fun 

17 minutes ago, (PS4)NOVI1KONOBI said:

I feel like vortex+tonkor would be pretty fun 

Then yeah, vauban can do that. So can loki btw, albeit with a bit more work (disarm to force enemies to melee, and decoy to group them up).