Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonfa

NotAnNSASpy

Question

I hadn't touched or even noticed Tonfas in Warframe until a few days ago. I saw Boltace and it looked pretty cool but then I saw the Gemini Cross Stance. It looks beautiful. I'm tempted to make a Tonfa, do you guys know which Tonfa is better? Or should I even pick one up? The crafting ingredients are pretty steep and I'm running low on catalysts (don't know how to get more).

6 answers to this question

generally both Tonfas are about as good as each other, but Kronen is easier to build IIRC, so i would try with that first. it also looks wicked when it's stored on your back. the key thing to remember with Tonfas is that it's all about the Slide attack, which is pretty deadly.

as for catalysts, you can either buy them from the market using Plat, or keep an eye out for alerts and invasions that may offer blueprints for a catalyst.

You'll need to start with kronen to build the boltace anyway, so rank that up and see how you feel about em. And unless you already go up against high level armored enemies regularly, I wouldn't bother worrying about CP, just use the correct elements and go spin crazy.

Also there was a catalyst alert an hour or two ago, hope you got it :P

Edited by rapt0rman

Per hit, the 25% weakness Flesh/Cloned Flesh has against Slash isn't enough to beat out Boltace raw damage, because those types don't resist Puncture. Even against regular Shield, Boltace out preforms Kronen because shields don't resist Puncture by enough.

Kronen can only out damage Boltace through its Slash procs, or against Proto Shields/Infested Flesh.

And if you want to factor in procs, Boltace will have an easier time procing Viral/Corrosive with its higher base Status Chance than a similarly modded Kronen.