Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good secondary weapon for beginner?

(PSN)Nightsplit

Question

I have had the pistol for a while now and i am up to jupiter so i think i need a stronger weapon. I just wanted to know if anyone had an idea. I have the blueprints for the spira and i have all the components required. Should i build it or is there something else that i should get. Thanks

Edited by (PS4)Nightsplit

7 answers to this question

For the star chart, pretty much any weapon "works," if you are struggling your mods are probably lacking. Either you need to rank them up or you may be missing some. This is working under the assumption you aren't at the last few planets/void missions where you may be needing a weapon that has a catalyst.

Weapons are more a framework where the mods provide the power. Some weapons are just that "good" (things like the Tonkor) where the vast majority are more a good starting point (high damage, crit or status numbers) and develop into great weapons due to the mods you add to it.

Basically level your mods and then choose the weapons you enjoy using for the start chart. Any weapon is "powerful" enough for that. It is only the endgame or deep into endless missions where you may want to use the "best" meta weapons.

Edited by Wopel

The Spira is a decent weapon, has good crit potential.  However you will be dealing with travel time on your shots, so hitting things at distance may get harder for you.  You didn't mention what mastery rank you are since that locks out some weapons until you progress far enough.  If you are MR 2+, think about getting the Sonicor.  It does require Argon Crystals and Oxium though, which can be a pain to farm for early on in the game.  This weapon though provides excellent CC with each shot, knocking all enemies hit off their feet.

In the long run, make all the weapons you can and level them up to get mastery rank, so you will be able to access all frames/weapons/content in the game.

The Spira is nice, especially if you have crit mods. The Lex is better than the Lato and can be bought with credits, but is specialized towards long range. The Vasto is also better than the Lato, and reasonably easy to build last I checked. Same for the Magnus. All three have dual upgrades you can build that trade accuracy and reload speed for capacity and fire rate.

I agree with previous posters, every weapon is good for the starchart, especially jupiter. Just build the ones that look fun, and get your mods in order. You'll have to build them all eventually, if you want to keep progressing.

If you have a bit of plat to throw around getting furis w/ the augment would be pretty good or if you want to throw another extra 10 plat you can get a lex p.

But if your mr2 and dont wanna spend plat then sonicor hands down