Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good primary for chroma?

(XBOX)Jack Turton78

Question

8 answers to this question

Why melee only? If you use cold element, both 2nd and 3rd ability grants you armor, which protects you from damage. Now answering your question, Sancti Tigris has so much damage, that easily obliterates high level enemies, and is almost pure slash. Tonkor for me is pretty unreliable, i avoid using it, but you can try, if it fits your play style. Now one more thing - what is endgame? Is it everything past level 20 or everything past level 120? Not many primaries scale well after level 120.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)Jack Turton78 said:

I know he is a tank with melee only but any suggestions for what to used or a primary that scales into endgame well?

While he is a tank, strangely enough with its vex Armor/Fury he has one of the best self damage buffs out there. So you can basically use any weapon and it will scale up nicely. Also using toxic + 150-250% power will give you the highest possible reload speed buff in game, so weapons like tigris/sobek with very bad realod speed, will excel in chromas hands.

The only downside is that chroma does not have many team synergies, but you have more freedom building proc based builds, since you will scale up the final damage more than other frames. So you could build a cc chroma, that tanks and deals decent damage.

Edited by AndyPandyyy

23 minutes ago, (XB1)Jack Turton78 said:

I know he is a tank with melee only but any suggestions for what to used or a primary that scales into endgame well?

I'm using Synoid Simulor.
Synoid simulor have very good range and damage + with chromas vex armor when you lose some health it is realy deadly

Edited by IfritKajiTora

Chroma is a tank to everything ice chroma can watch and laugh as lvl 140 bombards have their rockets bounce off.

Chromas vex armor will, once fully activated, dramatically increase the power of ALL weapons he uses prim sec or mellee so use anything you want chroma makes it better.

as a tank frame, Chroma is a lot stronger in close quarters, so a good Shotgun like the Vaykor Hek or Sancti Tigris is an ideal pairing. thematically, he is pictured holding the Tiberon, which is still a pretty sweet rifle in it's own way. you can use just about anything for any frame really, but there's no better time to break out the buckshot than when you're able to shrug off nearly anything with insane armour.

11 hours ago, ArcticMantis said:

One example: Sancti Tigris.

Great end-game weapon and it will heal you on syndicate proc making Chroma even more of a tank.

Downside is the firing mechanic, you either hate it or love it.

Love the firing mechanic, just I'm mr8 but I've been aiming towards that since like mr4, will definitely be the first syndicate primary I get