Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simaris daily synthesis targets are not aknowledged

VisionAndVoice

same expereience here; I think the daily Simaris target count has been tied with the newly added lore fragments progression.

I found a cephalon fragment in each mission on mercury, doing 5 or 6 mission and scaning these yielded a reveal of a lore entry in codex. after getting the required scans no more cephalon fragment spawned in missions.

at the same time I was doing Ceph Simaris daily: 3 Scorpion scans needed. after scanning 5 or so of them I got 1 aknowledged in daily mission progress. after that no more Simaris scan targets spawned on Mercury.

and for this reason I think the two systems are linked; the new fragment system was probably built from symaris daily system -even the visual notice in mission is the same- , but it's unique features were unintentionally applied to Simaris daily mission progression system aswel, namely the 5 or 6 scans needed to progress further and the absence of scan target from planets on which the 5 scans were already performed.

DE has the habit of not separating new systems from old when they use already written code to make new content; they did the same with void sabotage hack consoles, when they removed collision from Atlas' stone wall those consoles lost collision aswel. I hope they notice this post and roll out a solution in next hotfix.

Edited by Ventose

5 hours ago, Ventose said:

same expereience here; I think the daily Simaris target count has been tied with the newly added lore fragments progression.

I found a cephalon fragment in each mission on mercury, doing 5 or 6 mission and scaning these yielded a reveal of a lore entry in codex. after getting the required scans no more cephalon fragment spawned in missions.

at the same time I was doing Ceph Simaris daily: 3 Scorpion scans needed. after scanning 5 or so of them I got 1 aknowledged in daily mission progress. after that no more Simaris scan targets spawned on Mercury.

and for this reason I think the two systems are linked; the new fragment system was probably built from symaris daily system -even the visual notice in mission is the same- , but it's unique features were unintentionally applied to Simaris daily mission progression system aswel, namely the 5 or 6 scans needed to progress further and the absence of scan target from planets on which the 5 scans were already performed.

DE has the habit of not separating new systems from old when they use already written code to make new content; they did the same with void sabotage hack consoles, when they removed collision from Atlas' stone wall those consoles lost collision aswel. I hope they notice this post and roll out a solution in next hotfix.

This makes some sense since not only can I not complete Simaris quests (despite having quit the one I was trying to finish and tried a new one), but scanning the cephalon fragments does nothing to my codex.

I have been having the same issue.  I have scanned my target both solo and with others in the squad, as well as in multiple mission nodes.  My target disappears, but my mission is not updated, I get no standing, and Simaris doesn't even give me a pat on the back. :(

2 hours ago, SanguineSavant said:

Yeah, same. I imagine cancelling the current target and getting a new one wouldn't fix this?

It didn't for me, but both the old target and the new were void (and it's void cephalon fragments that don't work for me if that's related to the bug)

• 2 months later...