Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable to select regular mission when node has Invasion, Syndicate Mission or Sortie

Omni_Omega

On the new Starchart, whenever a node shows an overlaying event mission such as Invasions, Syndicate missions and Sortie Missions, you can no longer select the Regular mission as you could previously.

I can't particularly see a reason why we would no longer be able to select the regular missions, perhaps we could get this back?

I was kind of hoping alerts and special missions would just pop up on a node of their own instead of piggy backing onto other nodes.  They could even keep the same name as the original node.  There should be plenty of room to do so now.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Darth-Escar said:

I think that's intentional. It never made sense to be able to fight grineer or corpus normally when that whole area (which seems to be, at least thousands of miles) is infested.

If that was intentional, it'd be a really bad design choice. Especially now with all the duplicate nodes gone and even more (sometimes semi-permanent) Alert-type missions emerging. It admittedly makes sense but blocks a lot of the remaining content and prevents Junction progression.

I am unable to select the Invasion mission from the navigation Icons either. It only launches the Sortie that I have already completed. I was hoping to knock out my Junction at Mars with that Invasion mission too. 2016-07-09_7-59-04.jpg

Edited by Eienlanzer
typo

Just now, Eienlanzer said:

I am unable to select the Invasion mission from the navigation Icons either. It only launches the Sortie that I have ready completed. I was hoping to knock out my Junction at Mars with that Invasion mission too.

URL]

Oh, that's even more unfortunate as I first thought :(

'Gladly', Sorties will reset in half an hour and most likely block something else instead.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Darth-Escar said:

I think that's intentional. It never made sense to be able to fight grineer or corpus normally when that whole area (which seems to be, at least thousands of miles) is infested.

They specifically changed it so you could select any active mission on the previous starchart in a previous update, because alerts, syndicate missions, invasions and such change the node type or block progress for an unspecified period of time. If it is an intended change for the new starchart, they needed to have put it in the patchnotes, and some advance warning would have been nice, since it's a reversion of a deliberate design change.