Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Illness

StahlEngel

5 hours ago, RikuGx said:

my biggest issue is that its suddenly so SLOW!

Ive played the pursuit for a while now and while i dont experience the nausea and stuff at all since i also played Star Conflict i dont feel like im playing a tiny humanoid strapped on a giant backpack anymore, this is more like manouvering a 2000 ton heavy frigate from said star conflict.

I mean....every movement done feels now so slugish and just doesnt fit the warframe gameplay which is actually pretty precise. I havent been stuck in walls for ages but with this messy crap now i fly into walls and get stuck all the time! And why? Because i turn the camera to change direction and still fly a few hundret meters in the direction ive faced before! In Tight areas that are best 30m wide this doesnt really help -.-

The speed of just holding shift is like the former speed while just normal moving. It feels so incredibly slow

I really loved archwing before, now its just meh. The new chasing mission type doesnt cut it as well as  i am still figuring out what to do actually! 

While you are moving with shift try pressing space. It activates afterburners. It is much more quick. 

I fairly liked the system overall. X axis turning button would be nice though.

Edited by TyrannRedeagle
Grammar

Headaches: 0

Nausea: 

Disorientation: 8

I think DE just ruined archwing. I used to love archwing. I loved flying around, killing enemies and trying to clear the maps with full speed (without @(*()$ up too much :P). Now i'm more focused about where i am, what's up and down and unless it's an open map, then i can't get myself to hold down space, or i'll get so much nausea and disorintated. I think it's fine that they tried to do something new, but since so many people are against this, and some like it, then plz make it an option, that you can turn off and on.

Edited by TheAltarBoy
Fixed some spelling

Headache: 8

Nausea: 8 (100x worse than the volt problem people complained about).

Disorientation: 10

Annoyance: 12

Why would you have to wait (so long) to center your view, that is absurd. I get that it's meant to be punitive, but cmon!

It's a great concept they introduced, but its seems they didn't know the what and the how of doing it. 

Edited by -Sandman

20 hours ago, TheDubsteppingNinja said:

imo I think the problem is the decreased fov, not the movement system

Exactly!

I knew this was the case a minute into my first 'new' Archwing mission. The FOV must be less than 70 if even that... For those of you who are unsure what this means. Most FPS games give you an FOV of 80-100. Most 3rd person shooters give you 90-120!!!

Dear DE, please remove the Archwing camera from our Warframe's arse and push it back a bit. Orrrr like give us a FOV slider like you do in vinilla WF. 

Please. 

Nausea?  That's a 6

Disorientation : 15

I used to love archwing, but first, they added inertia. It was painful and useless, but we got kind of used to it, and now that?
It's a joke right? I usually enjoy the updates, but this one.....
One one side, they do good things (*cough*Removing Arch-Defense) but on the other side we get a flight model that's only good for free space missions.

That makes me sad because i like Archwing, but I am not playing corpus archwing until they fix it ( Or at least remove the stupid inertia ) , i don't want to be sick each time.....

21 hours ago, Sitchrea said:

In fact, I love it more than ever now that it actually feels like an actual plane!

And there is the problem

Were NOT flying a PLANE

were flying a suit of meat strapped to something that can be described as a fancy jetpack. there is not even enough mass for this kind of behavior with how powerful the engines seem to be while using the afterburner!

Edited by RikuGx

On 10/7/2016 at 1:11 AM, wolf96781 said:

Why not make an option to have the flippy cam? That way people that like the new cam (myself) can enjoy,b ut those of you that get sick by it don't have to puke

Just like we both wrote. Please make an option to decide which camera mode you wanna play with

On 9/7/2016 at 3:44 AM, TheDubsteppingNinja said:

imo I think the problem is the decreased fov, not the movement system

Or atleast make a FOV Slider

Edited by TheAltarBoy
Gramma

No discomfort from playing new archwing.  Slightly annoying that I can't seem to control roll very well.  Feels only slightly better than the old archwing, so wondering why they bothered.

On a side note, any archwing missions good for resource farming?  Really want to get into the mode, but not if it puts a break on all my other development.

I'm relieved and depressed at the same time to see that I'm not the only one suffering from this overhaul. For me, I'd say...

Headaches: 4

Nausea: 9, good lord I need to lay down after this

Disorientation: 8

Hope DE can put in some options for this camera, or I'll have to give up on archwing all together :(

It's maybe a 1, if anything on both for me, I love games with 6 DoF control. :P

Maybe you should try playing on a smaller window, or sitting further back from your television/monitor?

On 7/9/2016 at 0:39 AM, Kastorius said:

However, the new Archwing flight model is absolutely horrible for two reasons:

• no roll axis in the controls; roll is a fundamental axis of 6doF movement
  • way too much inertia added to movement

So, I can see why people are getting sick playing this nonsense.

For me, I'm not completely sure why yet, but after having rebound the 'Move Down' action to LEFT ALT, holding down LEFT CTRL allows me to roll by pressing 'A' and 'D'.

One complaint I do have though, is that the camera is too close to the player, or the FoV is too low (not sure exactly which it is).

New 3d mini map, reduce inertia. 

No sickness, just slight disorientation in open space where there is no up or down but the mini map still thinks there is. Mainly when too far from an MD objective for its way point to appear on the main screen. 6DOF is great here. 

Crouch Hold + a/d to manually Roll

Too much momentum for Corpus maps, plus on these maps there is an up and down. Corpus need open space maps. Trenches could use the old 5DOF controls. 

Edited by KinetosImpetus

0 on both counts. It's worth pointing out that the old system was extremely annoying and limiting to me, though others may have enjoyed it. I love the new one, and other like the old.

On 7/9/2016 at 9:45 AM, JavCobra said:

Headache + Nausea > 9000

My suggestion to help remedy the problem would be either to fix the orientation OR provide us with a button function to fix orientation.
I did notice that if you press nothing the orientation slowly fixes itself but I am not interested in waiting 10 seconds after every battle against a single enemy.

Also, What happened to my boosters. I kinda hoped to retain the ability to boost one way quickly and boost another instantly. Now it feels like I am fighting against inertia all the time in space. 
So much for being a space ninja. Lost all my versatility.

I do believe there is a button to fix orientation. I don't remember it at this time, so I can get back to you on that.

You mean, fight inertia and drift like you're supposed to? The old system was unrealistic to the extreme. There is no 'up-down' orientation in space. After a few runs, it feels perfectly natural to me.

However, I will agree with the points that the Trench Runs are far more annoying to do now. 

Headache and nausea? No.

Neckaches from tilting my head subconsciously? A little annoying, but not really a big deal.

Trench Runs are fine once you practice enough to get a good feel for counteracting the momentum while turning. I actually prefer Trench Runs the way they are now more than the way they were with the previous system. 

OK, before another person complains about it, it is possible to roll. It is not, however, pre-set into the keybinds. Go to the Keybinding menu, and Archwing Keybinds. Set 'hold to crouch' to the button of your choice (I put alt). Hold this button, and press A and D. Voila.

if it's more like a "flight simulator" then you may as well put guns on our ships and make us use that...

Archwing was meant to be this super epic crazy space combat gear which literally defied standard space physics, whatever they were. (At least to my understanding)

To feel like a "flight simulator" takes away from the Warframes being "space ninjas".
We are now "Space Ship Frame".

12 minutes ago, JavCobra said:

if it's more like a "flight simulator" then you may as well put guns on our ships and make us use that...

Archwing was meant to be this super epic crazy space combat gear which literally defied standard space physics, whatever they were. (At least to my understanding)

To feel like a "flight simulator" takes away from the Warframes being "space ninjas".
We are now "Space Ship Frame".

What's your definition of flight simulator? Controlling a craft, whether in air or space, as if in air, and subject to the forces of thrust drag, lift gravity? Where heavier than air fighters work best with 3.5DOF (thrust,  pitch, roll, yaw) with all weapons locked forward?

Because we don't have that. We have 6DOF, normal space controls, no gravity, no drag (although we have inertial damping which simulates drag). 

And how would physics defying flight mean not 6DOF? That's more of a geometric concept than a physics concept. 

There are 3 spatial dimensions, all movement can be broken down into translating (sliding) along each axis and rotation about each axis.

You can pretend to only have 4DOF and fly like a jet and pretend there's air in space and ignoring the ability to translate on the x and y axes if you want, but that was just as possible in the old version.