Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gift of Tennocon alert lvl 200-9999

Rimuru

21 minutes ago, (XB1)DRG JupiterIvan said:

Strange. On XBOX we have the ability to choose whether we want to do the alert or the regular mission. Do you mean to tell me that PC, DEs primary platform doesn't have this capability? I call shenanigans. ;)

PC used to have that option but I think the latest patch broke it.

6 hours ago, PinkamenaDiane said:

I managed to do it with Excal and Thief's Wit. 

I had 3% life support left when I reached the time limit, and lucked out by being right next to the extraction point at that time.

It took a lot of running around hoping the RNG would be kind to me, and it was.  

Do you remember were your LS modules dropped from? Was it a canister or a locker? Since I'm basically forced to do this alert anyway i might as well grind it.

Edited by PrimaryComplex

Don't really see the point of the alert, enemy can't kill you and you can't kill them(well, you can but without covert lethality it can be kinda difficult). i just roamed around the map and broke every container i found to get life support capsules.

16 minutes ago, PrimaryComplex said:

Do you remember were your LS modules dropped from? Was it a canister or a locker? Since I'm basically forced to do this alert anyway i might as well grind it.

What am I missing?  I've tried this mission no less than 20 times. I don't think I've seen a single mini LS drop out of a locker OR crate.  Per the suggestions on this thread, I've used all my fusion cores to max out my thief's wit.  That doesn't seem to help.  I only have the Excalibur frame.  I don't have any run speed mod, or any of the other end game mods that are being referred to in this thread.  Every play I run out of air at ~25 second remaining mark.  

Posting "this was easy" with a completion screen shot doesn't help.  Please, can anyone give a detailed walk-through for us newer players we so we can get unstuck and continue to progress in the game?

Yes, all you elite veterans complaining about how 'absolutely boneachingly rain man stupid easy' this event is seem to have forgotten that if RNGesus hates you like he does most of us, there's not enough LS to finish the mission.  Nevermind that I've go 180 hours into this game and haven't managed to level a weapon high enough to scratch ANYTHING past Saturn so there's no way in hell I'll have that mod that everyone else in the whole goddam universe seems to have.

Before you post any inane responses, just remember, most of us aren't gods or even demi-gods, like everyone else posting this thread.

There seems to be a variety of ways to do this mission. I used Ivara to steal life support, works like a charm.

Otherwise, you just need some luck and break open crates (Iv been playing attention to normal lockers on survivals and I dont think life support actually drops from lockers at all, but I dont know). If you dont have anything that can beat this alert then ask someone to help who has Ivara or a frame/mod that can kill enemies.

There is a plethora of ways people have mentioned in this entire thread and yet I still see responses that complain about things we already answered. If you really have bad karma with RNGeezus then nothing can help you! The whole bloody game works on RNG, if you werent complaining about this it would be something else.

Edited by (PS4)AnaLoGMunKy

I used min duration trinity and spammed ev to kill enemies, I ran the mission 5 times and each time enemies stop spawning after you've killed around 20 of them. Finally finished it with 6 seconds on lifesupport left. 

Lotus air drops alone didn't quite give you enough time for the whole run and rest was dependant on those early 20 or so enemies dropping life support. Theres many ways to kill the mobs did one run with mag pulling S#&$ into pits and jat kittag for the same, karyst and stacked poison so high it just started killing them, nyx and just made them kill each other. Just depends on rng to get those 20 enemies to drop the air cans.

2 hours ago, Snowbluff said:

Yeah, this is straight up bullS#&$. I don't have covert lethality on my PC account, so I get gypped out of a reactor. .-.

If only there was a way you could communicate with other players both ingame and out of game to find teammates through.

Just now, PhillipJokar said:

If only there was a way you could communicate with other players both ingame and out of game to find teammates through.

communicate? Whats that ;P

Truly this modern age of communication is a wonder, but then, Im not exactly offering my own help and for that I am sorry...

not sorry enough to offer my help tho :D

(not in an attempt to be mean u understand, I just hate playing with people I dont know, the insular git I am)

2 hours ago, KilnWF said:

What am I missing?  I've tried this mission no less than 20 times. I don't think I've seen a single mini LS drop out of a locker OR crate.  Per the suggestions on this thread, I've used all my fusion cores to max out my thief's wit.  That doesn't seem to help.  I only have the Excalibur frame.  I don't have any run speed mod, or any of the other end game mods that are being referred to in this thread.  Every play I run out of air at ~25 second remaining mark.  

Posting "this was easy" with a completion screen shot doesn't help.  Please, can anyone give a detailed walk-through for us newer players we so we can get unstuck and continue to progress in the game?

Your not missing anything.

There are many players who have completed it, including many who did so first shot. Some of them will even be newer players with minimal time and equipment, running solo. But there are also plenty of long term players with a range of OP gear, who can get the kills if they want, who are missing the time mark over and over.

This is highly RNG reliant.

5 minutes ago, Kihana said:

Your not missing anything.

There are many players who have completed it, including many who did so first shot. Some of them will even be newer players with minimal time and equipment, running solo. But there are also plenty of long term players with a range of OP gear, who can get the kills if they want, who are missing the time mark over and over.

This is highly RNG reliant.

Which is what a lot of us are complaining about.  Through no fault of our own, after doing everything we could possibly do with what we have, we get screwed out of rewards entirely due to RNG.  I'm fine with RNG when it comes to rewards at the end of a mission, but not when RNG determines the success of the mission itself.

5 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

Also, how do people even manage this alert? level 9999, like really O.o

You take no damage, but the damage you deal is nonexistent.

Just go around, break containers, and make sure life support lasts through the timer.

6 minutes ago, Lumamaster said:

Just go around, break containers, and make sure life support lasts through the timer.

Wrong on one point. You actually deal increased damage. I took my NikanaP into it. Normally I kick out 3k a hit on the average mission, and higher for finishers.. I was casually kicking out 30k+.

5 minutes ago, Lumamaster said:

Ivara's Sleep or Inaros + Dagger Covert Lethality.

Trinity EV maybe paired with a Nova's Molecular Prime.

Just quick thoughts of how to kill.

Also, seems like the whole mission was nerfed heavily on the O2 drops, but I did manage 1 O2 out of 1 container and managed to Prowl steal about 2 from enemies.

My team somehow managed to do 7min before they reduced it from 10 min to 6.