Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gift of Tennocon alert lvl 200-9999

Rimuru

I managed to do it with Excal and Thief's Wit. 

I had 3% life support left when I reached the time limit, and lucked out by being right next to the extraction point at that time.

It took a lot of running around hoping the RNG would be kind to me, and it was.  

Spoiler

r1zgJbw.jpg

2 minutes ago, (XB1)MechaBeowulf DW said:

Tried solo. Tried with a full squad.  Thieve's Wit and Locker-pawing Kubrow all times. I've ignored the enemies, smasked containers and opened lockers.  Still can't do it.  Nice "gift." Christmas must be a hoot for you guys. -_-

Hmm. Max move speed, loot detection, melee weapon modded for huge reach? I'm truly not kidding with you, and I know it can be discouraging. I got it on my second try, through luck. Keep smashing barrels and running at maximum spod. It'll work. 

In case you're wondering, the RNG is not weighted to screw you over and have you fail at the last second. It's genuinely RNG, and if you smash enough crates, you'll get the four or five life support drops you need.

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

Hmm. Max move speed, loot detection, melee weapon modded for huge reach? I'm truly not kidding with you, and I know it can be discouraging. I got it on my second try, through luck. Keep smashing barrels and running at maximum spod. It'll work. 

In case you're wondering, the RNG is not weighted to screw you over and have you fail at the last second. It's genuinely RNG, and if you smash enough crates, you'll get the four or five life support drops you need.

Thanks, but I'm done for now.  I have gotten those little life support thingies before from containers, but it never seems to be enough.  Not to mention, I oppose on principle any game or game mode that places success or failure so much on RNG.  No matter what, some people inevitably will miss out.  I've seen it often enough with other games.  I don't see it so often with the rest of Warframe but this is ridiculous.  If they want to give the players a gift, then just make it an actual gift.

20 hours ago, gizol333 said:

It is melee only,no shields, enemies start level 9999 and you can't be killed ( i don't know if it was a bug or intended).... 

Hide contents

io1qkzE.jpg

GG

It was intended. They allowed everyone at that stage during TennoCon to decide all of those things.... Hence the ridiculous levels, etc 

Took my Banshee with Savage Silence and a Dark Dagger with Covert Lethality.

Built her for duration and reduced range so I didn't open up enemies too far away. I should have soloed that run, I was the only one to get any kills so unfortunately the pubs I was playing with were only good for looting credits and activating the O2.

Edited by FLSH_BNG

How sad, ive tried like ten times and still cant get enought life support, even killing the enemies and destroying every container i've found (and i havent seen any life support drop from containers), making us waste our time isnt fun :c

1 minute ago, papizeta said:

How sad, ive tried like ten times and still cant get enought life support, even killing the enemies and destroying every container i've found (and i havent seen any life support drop from containers), making us waste our time isnt fun :c

You're not being forced to waste your time. You can choose to not play the alert.

I don't know how everyone can find the extra support capsules in the lockers and stuff; Whenever I go into this mission no containers or anything drop the small pods that enemies usually drop, and it's very hard to do alone. I got to 0:19 and hit 0% life support, failing the mission. Overall, this mission seems possible, but its also a huge kick in the teeth if I'm honest.

7 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Why? I think the alert is fine, I'm talking about everyone else who is complaining. Although Survival in general is very RNG dependent on Life Support Modules dropping. Got to 8 seconds left and was at extraction, but lost because only one container dropped a module, and killing the 5 Elite Crewman that spawned with a Covert Lethality Karyst didn't give any LS either (could never get behind the MOAs in time to insta-kill them)

So let me get this right : what you're saying is that there's a problem, but that problem is fine?

This alert makes skill irrelevant, just like the entire "veteran" content does. How you can be fine with it is beyond me. You said it yourself, between RNG deciding whether you get time or not (so skill goes out the window), and enemy scaling being utterly stupid, managing to make enemies both overpowered in terms of stats and mechanics, AND completely unchallenging at the same time, which is quite the feat if you ask me, should be more than enough for the devs to realize how bad they're doing it with it. It's not about being able to finish the mission or not, it's about how you can finish it. Here it's just luck with a side of frame choice, and know-how aquired after long hours suffering through that kind of broken content, said know-how consisting mostly in realizing that playing "by the rules" doesn't work all that well, and isn't even remotely fun. Even though I know it's all subjective, that our tastes and likes can differ greatly, I just cannot understand how anyone can defend what the devs are doing here. They're just showing that they're not competent when it comes to creating fair, challenging and fun content, at least at the same time. They really should consider hiring exterior help, unless what they're doing right now actually ends up being what so many have been waiting for for over two years now. I wont hold my breath personally, I've been disappointed too many times since I've started playing Warframe in 2013.

13 minutes ago, Marthrym said:

So let me get this right : what you're saying is that there's a problem, but that problem is fine?

This alert makes skill irrelevant, just like the entire "veteran" content does. How you can be fine with it is beyond me. You said it yourself, between RNG deciding whether you get time or not (so skill goes out the window), and enemy scaling being utterly stupid, managing to make enemies both overpowered in terms of stats and mechanics, AND completely unchallenging at the same time, which is quite the feat if you ask me, should be more than enough for the devs to realize how bad they're doing it with it. It's not about being able to finish the mission or not, it's about how you can finish it. Here it's just luck with a side of frame choice, and know-how aquired after long hours suffering through that kind of broken content, said know-how consisting mostly in realizing that playing "by the rules" doesn't work all that well, and isn't even remotely fun. Even though I know it's all subjective, that our tastes and likes can differ greatly, I just cannot understand how anyone can defend what the devs are doing here. They're just showing that they're not competent when it comes to creating fair, challenging and fun content, at least at the same time. They really should consider hiring exterior help, unless what they're doing right now actually ends up being what so many have been waiting for for over two years now. I wont hold my breath personally, I've been disappointed too many times since I've started playing Warframe in 2013.

You're implying I'm defending DE, I'm actually not going either way on that. Even after only playing for one year I can see they've #*($%%@ up. I'm just saying in terms of this mission it is possible, it's just nice and refreshing to finally make people think differently for a mission and to have a play style I've had for Survival missions since I've started playing pay off. And no, the problem isn't fine, RNG in this game is downright mean, but it's still possible after sacrificing a lamb and most of your family to RNGesus.

There is a difference between saying something is do-able and defending, since they accused me of whining in my original post when I wasn't

No Ivara, Inaros, Equinox, Excal or Covert Lethality, no squadmates (since crappy internet).

If anybody has any problems, all you need is Chroma.

20160711020551_1_zpswabzauvl.jpg~origina

Make your energy color green for Toxin.

Activate alarm and open all the lockers and break containers all the way to the first life support capsule. Once enemies gang up, active your "2". This is a toxin field aura that, when it procc's, inflicts 5% of HP damage to the enemy (which, coincidentally is around 3.1 million damage per tick on normal crewman :D ).

Crucial step: Only activate life support when at 1%. You magically gain +2% on capsule to compensate for animation time. This is roughly 4 additional seconds of time I believe.

This took me 3 attempts with this strategy, since the first two literally no enemies dropped LS, while this time I think I saw total of 5 capsules dropped from enemies. This, coupled with LS 1% trick, made me go through it.

Note, I did have Master Thief equipped but I don't think any lockers dropped LS, so I don't think it matters.

Note 2: Enemies and containers continually have lower and lower chances as the round progresses. Therefore, killing all enemies sooner than around 3:30 mark or so should yield better LS drops. That's why Radiation Galatine helped (friendly fire from enemies when Radiation Procc'd helped). So bring a Radiation wepaon.

There we go that was my strategy, I hope it helps somebody, and sorry if it's a wrong thread - I don't think there's a dedicated "help with lvl 9999 alert" thread out there.

EDIT - Oh and BTW, those 14 kills were all enemies on the map. On previous 2 attempts I had somewhere around 18 or 19 kills but none dropped LS. No idea what's up with that.

Edited by Eudaimonium

3 hours ago, FLSH_BNG said:

You're not being forced to waste your time. You can choose to not play the alert.

Speak for yourself, the Star Chart won't allow you to choose the regular mission and my progression is basically roadblocked for 2 days until the alarm clears.

18 minutes ago, PrimaryComplex said:

Speak for yourself, the Star Chart won't allow you to choose the regular mission and my progression is basically roadblocked for 2 days until the alarm clears.

Strange. On XBOX we have the ability to choose whether we want to do the alert or the regular mission. Do you mean to tell me that PC, DEs primary platform doesn't have this capability? I call shenanigans. ;)

4 hours ago, FLSH_BNG said:

Yes, I am being forced. This alert mission is blocking my chain of missions on Mars.  So, effectively, I'm stuck.  I've been playing for less then a week.  I have 1 frame, and next to no mods.  How do I get passed this mission so I can continue to play?  Is this type of thing what I should come to expect from Warframe?  If so, maybe it's time to look for something new to play before I invest any more time.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)DRG JupiterIvan said:

Strange. On XBOX we have the ability to choose whether we want to do the alert or the regular mission. Do you mean to tell me that PC, DEs primary platform doesn't have this capability? I call shenanigans. ;)

Again, I'm a new player, but as best as I can find, no.  I click on the mission it automatically brings me to the alert and starts the mission start countdown, no choice for the regular mission.