Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I burn any void keys before Specters update?

(PSN)B0XMAN517

Question

I've read quite a few people complaining that their keys were converted in a way that left them feeling somewhat cheated. I've also read a lot of people complain that they went from around 1500 keys to around 500 relics and that the tier of their relics don't match the tier of their lost keys. I'm also concerned with the length of time it takes to get prime parts now vs void missions.

Due to the length of time required to get prime parts with this new system, are there particular keys that are better, faster, or more efficient that I should use before the update? A hypothetical example would be if this new system takes 7 minutes to get a primed part, I should probably burn all my capture and and exterminate keys. Another, slightly off topic one would be if they've taken out endless reward pools (like void defense, survival, and interception), it may be advantageous to use those up keys.

Should I just burn through as many keys as possible or should I hoard them like so many packed lunches?

Any other advice is always appreciated. Thank you in advance.

16 answers to this question

no, maybe

Right now you only get one Prime part or Forma per Key/Relic.  No more using a key for "Ducat" farming, no more Key shares.  No more hosting or joining a void mission on someone elses key

Burn through keys.. like Interception, if you need ducats

Otherwise, I would be farming keys like crazy.  cause now you only get one Prime part or Forma per Key/Relic, and some of the Relics are harder to obtain

Edited by kkinnison

keep them, all of them will be transformed and keep their value (kinda)

it seems like the keys got transformed into similiar tiers tho, there are 6 mission types of each and but i have only 5 of each tier of relics....the 6th i had to farm again. However the droptables are totally switched. Not many ppl understand the new system, therefore they dont play it, thats the reason why i cant give a abolute answer, but for me atm it feels like the new system is faster.

The only downsides i can think of is that endless keys got transformed into "one chance" and that u cant share that anymore....well u share differently tho. In the old system 4 keys have been spent and all ppl get 4 rewards, now 4 relics are spent and all ppl get only 1 reward, but they can choose outta 4....and it only takes a quarter of the time, if not lesser. No more long survival and defense grinds.

Edited by Dragonblack175

I'd burn ALL the keys. 
The new rift missions suck.

Void Sabotage used to be my favourite way of levelling, relaxing and looting all in one. Sabotage I'd say has the best key value if you aren't into endless, so burn those. 
Also burn all T4 interception and things you can get a lot of rewards from. Because you are not getting a lot once the patch hits. 

11 minutes ago, Ivan_Rid said:

Yes, burn all sab keys and build up a stock of dragon keys.

This.

Keyshare Sabs. After that, possibly do endless missions, if you're low on keys, due to multiple rewards per key - or farm up more keys.

Build up on dragon keys because after the update they require an orokin lab and a bunch of void residue junk, for some reason.

run your sabotages and multi-reward keys if you want maximum ducat value, because those all drop one item only after the update

Use your relevant keys if you play predominantly solo and have a piece of gear you want, because the update absolutely lowered rare drop chances if you don't play with at least two other people.

EDIT: Unrelated to your question, but as an aside tip. If you have any Archwing weapons sitting around in your foundry that you haven't built yet, but can easily do so, then go ahead and build/claim them before the update hits.

Edited by DrFail

5 minutes ago, (PS4)TheRainbowTurt1e said:

I really recommend farming Mag P, Dakra P and Boar P before the update hits console as these parts will likely retire by then 

Unless ^ happens don't use any of your keys.

With the new update some rare items are now common.

I've read that DE will find a way to give players more ducats so don't worry about that.

Edited by EyeLaikCheez

You get one reward per relic, yes, but there is no more orokin cells/fusion cores/void keys dilluting the drop tables. Basically, each relic is guaranteed to give you a prime part or a forma bp, offering you choice. Still, no keysharing between the team, but then again, higher chance of getting what you want.

It's true that some relics don't match the old tier, but it works both ways. For example Ash BP is now Tier 2, while it used to be Tier 3. Usually the lower tier the more keys people have, therefore more chance of getting it now than previously.

In your place, I would burn some endless mission keys, but I wouldn't bother to grind them over and over. No point boring yourself to tears in hopes of maximizing gains.

Also, by the time this update hits the consoles, I'm sure it will have been improved based on the pc feedback.

There are some complaints that the relic conversion left people lacking relics that offer the temporarily unvaulted items, despite the fact they had proper keys prior to the update, so perhaps try to get those if you don't have them already.

Edited by Lijka

to farm credits/ducats? probably yes.

Otherwise no.

Also, I wouldn't advise going keyfarming like crazy before update hits your platform.
Projections simply replaced keys in droptables (and parts in ODS, which now has relics in each rotation droptable), so process of obtaining them is pretty much the same, and I don't feel that exchange ratio isn't really beneficial to justify that farm.

Edited by 5HV3N

1 hour ago, Chroia said:

This.

Keyshare Sabs. After that, possibly do endless missions, if you're low on keys, due to multiple rewards per key - or farm up more keys.

Oh, and another thing:

Do not go out of your way to spend all your syndicate marks. Key packs cost 25k rep, Relic packs cost 20k.