Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player Experience Feedback Including U19

ENGINEEEEER

So I recently switched from PS4 to PC after reaching MR 21 on there and had a few things I noticed that make the new player experience difficult.

• Damaged mods are a huge waste of resources. They really should be removed and replaced with the normal mods. It won't hurt to give people those basic starting mods.
  • Credits are difficult to come by in early starchart
  • Progression through the Phobos junction is difficult as it requires 3 Lith fissures but they are frequently in the void which new players cannot reach.
  • Since taxis are only onetime now it is difficult to get warframe components such as neural sensors, control modules and orokin cells. Essentially you cannot craft a second warframe without a taxi until jupiter. 
  • To complete the saturn junction you need to complete The New Strange, which is impossible without going to Saturn and Sedna for ember and saryn parts. Also new players cannot complete Rathuum very easily so this is fairly awful. The New Strange is not really a mid game quest, remove this junction requirement. It seems I was mistaken and they changed the quest without mentioning it in the patchnotes. The scanning synthesis portion of the quest does not work however. No elote arid lancer targets spawn.
  • Fusion cores are hard to come by as well. Maybe increase drop chance overall of common fusion cores? It won't impact high level players much but would help new players.
  • Currently you cannot get nanospores alone till saturn which requires a lot of progression. This locks you out of incubating a kubrow and building a lot of other weapons.
  • Survivals and defense are really unrewarding. Now that void rewards aren't tied to survival or defense it feels like they should be sped up, maybe three rounds/minutes per rotation. It would also be nice to get rid of the double rotation A.

I will continue to add more as I come across them. Please endeavor to resolve these quickly as they harm new player experience.

Edited by ENGINEEEEER
New Strange quest

4 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

So I recently switched from PS4 to PC after reaching MR 21 on there and had a few things I noticed that make the new player experience difficult.

• Damaged mods are a huge waste of resources. They really should be removed and replaced with the normal mods. It won't hurt to give people those basic starting mods.
  • Credits are difficult to come by in early starchart
  • Progression through the Phobos junction is difficult as it requires 3 Lith fissures but they are frequently in the void which new players cannot reach.
  • Since taxis are only onetime now it is difficult to get warframe components such as neural sensors, control modules and orokin cells. Essentially you cannot craft a second warframe without a taxi until jupiter. 
  • To complete the saturn junction you need to complete The New Strange, which is impossible without going to Saturn and Sedna for ember and saryn parts. Also new players cannot complete Rathuum very easily so this is fairly awful. The New Strange is not really a mid game quest, remove this junction requirement.
  • Fusion cores are hard to come by as well. Maybe increase drop chance overall of common fusion cores? It won't impact high level players much but would help new players.
  • Currently you cannot get nanospores alone till saturn which requires a lot of progression. This locks you out of incubating a kubrow and building a lot of other weapons.
  • Survivals and defense are really unrewarding. Now that void rewards aren't tied to survival or defense it feels like they should be sped up, maybe three rounds/minutes per rotation. It would also be nice to get rid of the double rotation A.

I will continue to add more as I come across them. Please endeavor to resolve these quickly as they harm new player experience.

Great post. How did literally impossible progression get past testing? That had to be a brain fog/fatigue/crunch time thing...

#1:  They've talked about removing Damage mods for some time now, and making them innate effects to weapons

#4: They said they were mixing up resource locations, not making them tied to planets. Sounded like some sort of 'rotations' would happen. Originally estimated to come with Starchart rework, I'd guess that's coming in The War Within or a later update.

#6: Another thing they're working on is letting players turn duplicate mods into Fusion Cores, instead of using them for a lesser fusion upgrade.

1 minute ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Great post. How did literally impossible progression get past testing? That had to be a brain fog/fatigue/crunch time thing...

There is a slight chance I am wrong if they edited the new strange quest to not require crafting. According to the wiki you have to craft each piece to progress. I will know soon

3 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

#1:  They've talked about removing Damage mods for some time now, and making them innate effects to weapons

#4: They said they were mixing up resource locations, not making them tied to planets. Sounded like some sort of 'rotations' would happen. Originally estimated to come with Starchart rework, I'd guess that's coming in The War Within or a later update.

#6: Another thing they're working on is letting players turn duplicate mods into Fusion Cores, instead of using them for a lesser fusion upgrade.

Damage mods should be removed and tied to weapon level similar to how abilities rank up with warframe level

That is an awful idea. Then players are even more beholden to RNG. They need to revise them once so it makes sense and you have a source of all your required resources fairly early.

This I like. TO be fair, cores haven't been awful but there are soooo many things to level. More common fusion cores which are good for leveling to around rank 5 would go a long way.

19 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

I believe they were referring to "damaged" mods, not "damage" mods.  You know, the cracked, crappy versions of a few mods that you get early on and may not immediately realize are trash if you're a new player.

Just now, Jathan said:

I believe they were referring to "damaged" mods, not "damage" mods.  You know, the cracked, crappy versions of a few mods that you get early on and may not immediately realize are trash if you're a new player.

No, they were talking about Damage mods. Why do you think they call it "Damage 3.0"?

2 minutes ago, Jathan said:

I was referring to the OP, not DE.

Just now, ENGINEEEEER said:

I was talking about damaged mods. Removing damage mods would help a lot with new player strength and core consumption.

Oh... right... Yeah, I misunderstood that e-e

30 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

I don't have the link (it's in one of the popular general discussion threads), but @[DE]Steve admitted on Reddit that it was pushed out early because of decisions by marketing.

Edited by (PS4)WiiConquered

3 minutes ago, (PS4)WiiConquered said:

I don't have the link (it's in one of the popular general discussion threads), but @[DE]Steve admitted that it was pushed out early because of decisions by marketing.

I had heard that. I'm not mad, I can work around things for a little and I'm sure they'll get on it. I just hope the progression issues get focused on quick. I love Warframe and don't want new players getting bored and leaving. 

37 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

There is a slight chance I am wrong if they edited the new strange quest to not require crafting. According to the wiki you have to craft each piece to progress. I will know soon

They have, the chroma part bluperints are now rewarded for completing certain junctions, not from or part of A New Strange.

7 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

I had heard that. I'm not mad, I can work around things for a little and I'm sure they'll get on it. I just hope the progression issues get focused on quick. I love Warframe and don't want new players getting bored and leaving. 

I'm sure they will. DE makes mistakes, yes, but I'm sure they are resonable enough to see it as a priority.

i made a new account and i cant make any sense to damaged mods , like a brand new player isnt gonna have   200 fusion cores lying around out of nowhere to begin with nor forma and potatos  so even if they had good fusion core rng they wouldnt be able to fully use them  because potato

to be fair  that is another thing killing the game for me  how potatos are only given monthly  basically)

13 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

They have, the chroma part bluperints are now rewarded for completing certain junctions, not from or part of A New Strange.

Here is the problem: I am on Jupiter. To get to Saturn I need to complete The New Strange, which gives chroma part blueprints but each of those require blueprints from saryn, frost ember, and volt. I can get frost parts. Ember parts drop on Saturn where I am going so I cannot get those. Volt parts are clan tech which I have no way of getting unless I find a clan with full clan research; not impossible but tricky. And Saryn parts are on Sedna which requires the completion of Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, none of which I can access. And then to fight Kela De Thaym I need to get judgement points which are difficult for a new player and fight Kela which is extremely difficult for a new player.

Edited by ENGINEEEEER
wording

15 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

Here is the problem: I am on Jupiter. To get to Saturn I need to complete The New Strange, which gives chroma part blueprints but each of those require blueprints from saryn, frost ember, and volt. I can get frost parts. Ember parts drop on Saturn where I am going so I cannot get those. Volt parts are clan tech which I have no way of getting unless I find a clan with full clan research; not impossible but tricky. And Saryn parts are on Sedna which requires the completion of Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, none of which I can access. And then to fight Kela De Thaym I need to get judgement points which are difficult for a new player and fight Kela which is extremely difficult for a new player.

But nothing requires a new player to have Chroma.

2 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

But nothing requires a new player to have Chroma.

Here are the saturn junction requirements:

• Complete a Corpus Spy mission with 3 successful data extractions on Jupiter
  • Defeat Alad V at Themisto onJupiter
  • Complete Quest: The New Strange

In the New Strange, you have to build each piece to progress. It is one of those old quests that had time walls.

Edited by ENGINEEEEER
Clarification

1 minute ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

Here are the saturn junction requirements:

• Complete a Corpus Spy mission with 3 successful data extractions on Jupiter
  • Defeat Alad V at Themisto onJupiter
  • Complete Quest: The New Strange

I'd imagine the quest doesn't require you to build chroma anymore because the quest doesn't give you chroma.

Edited by Gelkor

2 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

The quest doesn't require you to build chroma anymore because the quest doesn't give you chroma.

I did not see that in the patch notes. I am part way through the quest now and will make sure. If so, that'd be nice

14 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

I did not see that in the patch notes. I am part way through the quest now and will make sure. If so, that'd be nice

Yup, they changed it, now the requirements are to Craft "Scorched Beacon, Chroma Signal, and Chroma Mark", instead of "Chroma Chassis, Chroma Helmet, and Chroma Systems."  I don't know what's required to make those things, but that's the new quest requirements, looks like they retroactively changed the quest text for old players.

m54eGL8.jpg

Here's what it used to be before: (not my channel)

Edited by Gelkor

3 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

Still seems to be giving me issues. For the second mission you have to synthesize elite arid lancers. I do not believe they spawn anymore since Mars is a much lower level.

I think it's like all Simaris scan assignments, they only spawn if you have them selected to be your target.

Edited by Gelkor

16 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

I think it's like all Simaris scan assignments, they only spawn if you have them selected to be your target.

I cannot select a target at Simaris and Elite Arid Lancer isn't an available choice in my list. I've searched entire maps and never seen a synthesis target. And he is supposed to notify me of it anyways, which he has yet to do.