Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma scorched beacon

D3CAY3D_2000

Hi guys I was trying to get through some of the chroma questions to get all chroma parts but got stuck when to build one of the chroma marks but need the scorched beacon?? Where do I find it so annoying please DE more info would be nice don't change stuff and not tell us the new changes 

Hi guys I was trying to get through some of the chroma questions to get all chroma parts but got stuck when to build one of the chroma marks but need the scorched beacon?? Where do I find it so annoying please DE more info would be nice don't change stuff and not tell us the new changes 

Before I started crafting the Chroma Chassis (waiting for the Frost dito to finish) the text in the Solar Map changed to "Craft Scorched Beacon"due to the update.
I disregarded that and went on with the Chroma part. With that done, I was urged to craft the Chroma signal thingie instead and after asked to craft the Chroma Mark - which requires the scorched beacon... 

And that's where I'm at.

:D

Edited by NoWrath
Typo..

Ok, so it's fixed. Defend the machine in the designated area, 10 waves, scan Chroma 5 times and it's done.
If you have all the parts that is. If not, the hunt continues. :)

Edit: Seems we still need to find the Scorched beacon though.

Edited by NoWrath

I was at the same point. After the recent hotfix, the quest automatically progressed to ask to Defeat Chroma without having to find the scorched beacon. Also, if you find that you're missing some Chroma pieces when you go to build it, here's a copy paste of one of my previous posts:

I've been having the same issues with missing blueprints for Chroma. It turns out that the missing blueprints can now be obtained by finishing junction quests:

Uranus Junction (found on Saturn) rewards Chroma Neuroptics Blueprint

Neptune Junction (found on Uranus) rewards Chroma Chassis Blueprint

Pluto Junction (found on Neptune) rewards Chroma Systems Blueprint

So what happened is that DE removed some of the rewards from their respective quests and moved them into the Junction requirements. If you're like me, and were halfway through The New Strange, then I assume you will get doubles of some of the pieces. For instance, I finished The New Strange right after I crafted the Chroma Chassis. and once I clear the Neptune Junction I assume I'll get a second Chassis Blueprint. I will test this out by completing all the junctions today and confirm that the missing blueprints will be delivered.

Edited by Jam Hands

4 hours ago, Jam Hands said:

I was at the same point. After the recent hotfix, the quest automatically progressed to ask to Defeat Chroma without having to find the scorched beacon. Also, if you find that you're missing some Chroma pieces when you go to build it, here's a copy paste of one of my previous posts:

I've been having the same issues with missing blueprints for Chroma. It turns out that the missing blueprints can now be obtained by finishing junction quests:

Uranus Junction (found on Saturn) rewards Chroma Neuroptics Blueprint

Neptune Junction (found on Uranus) rewards Chroma Chassis Blueprint

Pluto Junction (found on Neptune) rewards Chroma Systems Blueprint

So what happened is that DE removed some of the rewards from their respective quests and moved them into the Junction requirements. If you're like me, and were halfway through The New Strange, then I assume you will get doubles of some of the pieces. For instance, I finished The New Strange right after I crafted the Chroma Chassis. and once I clear the Neptune Junction I assume I'll get a second Chassis Blueprint. I will test this out by completing all the junctions today and confirm that the missing blueprints will be delivered.

Thx much appreciated 

3 hours ago, XshyaX said:

Mine still says i need to craft a scorched beacon. Can someone tell me where the blueprint is pls.

Hi I just did the new hot fix update if your going through the quest it should skip you to where you have to do 10 waves of defence and then scan chroma 5 times then at the end of the mission you get a chroma bp and then you get the chroma parts you need through the new planet junctions hope this helps

On 7/11/2016 at 5:06 AM, Marvelous_A said:

Did you start the quest before StoR update? Seems like the New Strange Quest now gives you the resource of crafting Chroma and the BPs are given by junction completions.

I started the quest before the update to StoR. :(

I'm just guessing here, but "scorched beacon" sounds like the sort of asinine "internal" name you'd give to the bit of code that actually means "chroma chassis". (because the displayed name of the parts is occasionally subject to change, so you need an internal name that won't change. Sarin/Saryn anyone?)
The wiki sure seems to think the quest involves crafting a Chroma Chassis, so DE, if that ain't the case, could you do us players a favor and update the wiki with the actual quest progression, And/Or, fix the in-game quest text to match the wiki?

On 7/18/2016 at 0:28 PM, AriesGreyscale said:

I'm just guessing here, but "scorched beacon" sounds like the sort of asinine "internal" name you'd give to the bit of code that actually means "chroma chassis". (because the displayed name of the parts is occasionally subject to change, so you need an internal name that won't change. Sarin/Saryn anyone?)
The wiki sure seems to think the quest involves crafting a Chroma Chassis, so DE, if that ain't the case, could you do us players a favor and update the wiki with the actual quest progression, And/Or, fix the in-game quest text to match the wiki?

A lot of people have been asking about this, can you still progress the old way? From what I understand, people who started this after the patch get the beacons, kinda like when simaris was giving away chroma parts prepatch.

Side note: It's a wiki. DE doesn't necessarily have to do anything there, since it's not maintained by DE.

It seems like an internal name.

Basically craft the Chroma Chassis, go to some mission to update progression (I quickly went to Larunda and then back to my Orbiter) then you should see that Scorched beacon thing ignored and you'll be given the next mission in the quest. I didn't need to craft that Mark thing as it seemed to be ignored.

Edited by bungawunga

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...