Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WORST game you have played?

Sartactics

On 7/15/2016 at 1:45 AM, taiiat said:

• X-COM. i don't like playing a Slot Machine with 3D graphics, sorry. f... that.
  • World of Tanks... was once a good concept. it got ruined a long time ago. also running on 2003 tech, just GTFO with that 105% unrealistic bulls... - it's not even in the same galaxy as what it's inspiring from.
  • Lost Planet 2/3. the original game was an excellent new IP, and it got completely ruined. focusing on literally all the worst parts of the game and making sequels out of it. just why.
  • Nuclear Dawn - because when the game was announced, the Empires Source Mod community was promised that it would be like Empires, but more complete and more feature filled. so we basically all pre-ordered. what we got was abandonware.
  • Section 8 - the first Beta version that went into testing, had balance in an incredible place. Aiming Skill was relevant, using your Weapons at the appropriate Range was important.... then they made a single balance pass and completely destroyed the entire game. 90% of the Weapons were useless because others were universally superior, and Aiming Skill was basically irrelevant.
  • DIRT, FUEL, GRID, you name it - physics in all of these games is abysmal. Codemasters Develops and Publishes lots of Driving Games and they all talk about being super realistic and blah blah, yet literally some of the least realistic stuff i've ever seen in my life has happened while playing these Driving Games.
  • Starforge ended up being pretty terrible. it had very nice ideas, but they never came to fruition, almost none of them. also i was wondering why i'd been getting like 8-10FPS, and found that the default Detail Render Distance was set to 12 KILOMETERS
  • TES: Skyrim - i would never pay money for this game. the Engine is unacceptably outdated and inaccurate(it was questionable at the time of Oblivion already), it runs like arse, and the entire gameworld is something that belongs in an MMO fetchquest simulator, not a real game(because the entire world is one big repetition of going to the same places over and over for different sidequests to fetch a thing or kill a dude, long term gameplay basically sums up to player power inflation until you are literally invulnerable). (heh, ESO is basically what TES has always been looking for, it's the true home of TES).
  • -
  • any Shooter when playing on a Console or with a Controller.
  • Call of Duty. i've played almost every single one and hated them all. it didn't help most of them were played on a Console and with a Controller.
  • Red Faction: Armageddon - the Magnet Gun and Engine optimizations were 10/10, but the rest of the game was a disaster. RF:Guerrilla found Red Factions' true home, where it truly shines. and it isn't a railway game/Shooter.
  • HeXen II - Heretic and HeXen are the foundation of all modern Video Games, but HeXen II was a disaster. it was an attempt at 3D rather than 2.5D, but at a time when nobody knew how to use 3D so the game just doesn't work, it feels awful.

i don't keep games that i absolutely despise around, soooo - most of them i won't remember.

care to elaborate? because chances are all of your complaints are unreasonable (or have since been fixed/made incredibly better).
if you made the mistake of buying the game day one however, then i'm sorry for you. it's a 'real' game as of Spring 2015.

that's exactly what makes From the Depths so amazing.
Nick is a really cool dude. he likes things that make sense just as much as the rest of us do, suggestions that make sense tend to just get made into features without even discussing about it(there's plenty of that though).
he does an excellent job for a Dev Team of 1.

the simulation is pretty excellent for a game. it's a bit clunky but that's okay.

it's the best Naval Combat Game, ever. though to be fair that's not saying that much because Naval Combat Games are all unbelievably terrible or basically only a Prototype that never got made into an actual game.
Land, Air, and 'Space' being a part of it as well is just icing on the cake, a game that's actually playable that has all of those is... come to think of it i think it's the only game that has that.

OI , I got some beef with you, , LP 2 was fun much better than the OG, a lot more, well smoother,  also Armageddon was fun, so was xcom . 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Solargeo said:

OI , I got some beef with you, , LP 2 was fun much better than the OG, a lot more, well smoother,  also Armageddon was fun, so was xcom . 

XCOM is literally a slot machine. you don't win because of anything you do, you win because the game decided to coinflip a win rather than a loss.
not interesting.
everything else about the game would be really fun. i like everything else, except that actually playing the game is just bash your skull against a wall until the game says okay.

RF: Armageddon is okay, but Guerilla was much better than just 'okay'.

design discussions are interesting. i always applaud more of them.

11 minutes ago, taiiat said:

XCOM is literally a slot machine. you don't win because of anything you do, you win because the game decided to coinflip a win rather than a loss.
not interesting.
everything else about the game would be really fun. i like everything else, except that actually playing the game is just bash your skull against a wall until the game says okay.

RF: Armageddon is okay, but Guerilla was much better than just 'okay'.

design discussions are interesting. i always applaud more of them.

well xcom was fun due to the moments of ohh **** where i almost lost a troop though i did go go high AIM troops, made things easier,  though i did go slow in advancing . 3 heaves, 1 of them where gifted,  a sniper who had near god like aim, an assault and a support

and both Arm n guer were fun, both for different reasons. 

Edited by (XB1)Solargeo

14 hours ago, taiiat said:

that's exactly how Dork Souls PvP is though... both the Host and Invader have nothing relevant to risk. and risk has continued to go down for both sides.

Battlefield isn't really trying to.... 'ape' Call of Duty. it is its own game, it just happens to compete with it despite being a very different style of game. (honestly i'm more inclined to say Call of Duty is the one copying, because a game that almost always focused on infantry shooting gallery gameplay - apparently Black Ops III has a (lengthy?) Tank sequence, which makes no real sense since it's completely an infantry game).
i do think the TTK is too low to be practical due to Networking in the real world, but that's not trying to become Call of Duty, that's just something Shooters tend to do.

Red Faction Guerilla is where Red Faction belongs, it is its home.
Nordic Games tends to be pretty cool so if they do make another game (i hope so), here's hoping they see that Guerilla is the better game to persue. even before it was updated to remove GFWL and Et Cetera on PC - it still had way more Players. despite being technically a totally dead game.

The risk was supposedly to progress but no one ever went into ng+, instead opting towards meta builds and stop leveling at community specific levels. Dark Souls pvp is pure cancer, plain and simple. You have all these different weapons and spells and shields, and bow, and all it ever came down to was who could shank who first. Invaders are supposed to be vulnerable and to make up for that the mobs in the level are friendly to them. No such thing when you can clear all the mobs first then wait for invaders with their gank squads. But lo and behold as everyone had a glass cannon build all it ever came down to was who had the better connection. Nothing personal kid *teleports behind u*. And who authorized a spell that has a huge AoE, with knockdown, and is spammable with no cooldown? 

If you honestly believe that Battlefield was in no way influenced by CoD you are a fool. They changed how melee worked, they started reducing map sizes, they took out in-game features to put in static cinematic bullS#&$, threw in superfluous features like different scopes, and they had a linear set-piece action single player campaign where you were on rails in vehicle section in a @(*()$ game who's focus was being able to manually pilot those vehicles. Absolute garbage.

Red Faction was made by Volition. Nordic Games bought the rights to it after THQ shot themselves in the foot.

10 hours ago, taiiat said:

not interesting.

Xcom has a steep difficulty curve early game and then turns super easy late game. Probably because thin men are such bs early on, and the constant alerts from different regions threatening to pull out if you don't get satellite coverage asap. Also starting weapons are absolute balls. Going from ballistic, to lasers, to plasma weapons was like night and day. But the game is more about positioning than anything else.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Dork Souls

If you honestly believe that Battlefield was in no way influenced by CoD you are a fool. They changed how melee worked, they started reducing map sizes, they took out in-game features to put in static cinematic bullS#&$, threw in superfluous features like different scopes, and they had a linear set-piece action single player campaign where you were on rails in vehicle section in a @(*()$ game who's focus was being able to manually pilot those vehicles. Absolute garbage.

Red Faction was made by Volition. Nordic Games bought the rights to it after THQ shot themselves in the foot.

the worst that happens while you're playing through the game, is someone Invades and you get Killed because you're less experienced.
when you're 'actually' doing PvP, it's in organized locations where all Players are deliberately looking to fight each other.

do elaborate how Melee was changed to be more like Call of Duty, i have popcorn waiting. because you'll be wrong.
Map sizes haven't changed in Battlefield. just like every game in the past, there is a mixture of medium, large, wow where do i go, and meatgrinder maps.
'static cinematic' is extremely vague.
different Optics is excellent, because not everybody prefers the same type of Optic. some people can't use ones that are perfect for others. it makes complete sense.
Single Player Campaigns of both sides of the fence are for spectacle, through and through. and that's what they do, make lots of spectacle.

your point is? Nordic Games is who owns it now(duh?), so it's their decision if they make another game. hopefully they do (i mean they paid money for the IP so), and....

here's hoping they see that Guerilla is the better game to persue. even before it was updated to remove GFWL and Et Cetera on PC - it still had way more Players. despite being technically a totally dead game.

8 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the worst that happens while you're playing through the game, is someone Invades and you get Killed because you're less experienced.
when you're 'actually' doing PvP, it's in organized locations where all Players are deliberately looking to fight each other.

do elaborate how Melee was changed to be more like Call of Duty, i have popcorn waiting. because you'll be wrong.
Map sizes haven't changed in Battlefield. just like every game in the past, there is a mixture of medium, large, wow where do i go, and meatgrinder maps.
'static cinematic' is extremely vague.
different Optics is excellent, because not everybody prefers the same type of Optic. some people can't use ones that are perfect for others. it makes complete sense.
Single Player Campaigns of both sides of the fence are for spectacle, through and through. and that's what they do, make lots of spectacle.

your point is? Nordic Games is who owns it now(duh?), so it's their decision if they make another game. hopefully they do (i mean they paid money for the IP so), and....

I know what pvp turned into but conceptually it was not was it was supposed to be. That is what I'm arguing against. And I suppose it was incredibly honibru deliberately invading low level areas right? They're looking to gank each other not fight. It was one big troll.

Uhhh ok, it better be caramel popcorn though. It's the patrician's choice. Swipe turned into lock-on lunge, one hit kill instead of small percentage of damage (japanesu steel cannot melt steel beams, shooting games are meant for shooting), and masturbating over various cosmetic blades that all do the same thing instead of just having your rifle's butt. CoD rewrote every FPS because everyone wanted that sweet success and marginalized any creativity that existed beforehand in favor of cloning.

Dynamic: Woah these houses are on fire and there's holes in the ground because that guy was shelling the area jawsome. Static: Oh these houses are on fire because they're supposed to. Also this car will explode in 3,2,1. *yawn*

Those optics statistically effect the spread of the weapon though. It's stats versus looks. And iron sights used to be optional instead of physically effecting spread. Hipfire used to be viable way back. It used to be the only type of fire.

Single player campaigns tacked onto multiplayer games are like multiplayer modes tacked onto single player games. It's done to pad the game and make the consumer look to the product as if it had more value.

Your wording was my point. Producer versus Developer. Producers have control over the series but the devs make it, so the devs deserve credit.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Swipe turned into lock-on lunge

Dynamic: Woah these houses are on fire and there's holes in the ground because that guy was shelling the area jawsome. Static: Oh these houses are on fire because they're supposed to. Also this car will explode in 3,2,1. *yawn*

Those optics statistically effect the spread of the weapon though. It's stats versus looks. And iron sights used to be optional instead of physically effecting spread. Hipfire used to be viable way back. It used to be the only type of fire.

Your wording was my point. Producer versus Developer. Producers have control over the series but the devs make it, so the devs deserve credit.

the Sync Attack was actually designed to counter the issues identified with 'swipe spamming' gumming up gun fights with zero skill button presses that would significantly reduce the skill floor to perform well in gun fights.
it failed at that however, because in practice it was not reliable.

those Optics don't affect the Spread of the Weapon at all. only the way you visualize your target picture. the Weapon has identical Spread at all times. you're choosing the Optic that works for you, between target acquisition and controlling the Weapon.

Hipfire is completely viable. if you think it isn't then you simply don't understand any of the math behind the game. at all.
wanting users to use Sights allows to increase the Skill Ceiling so having it is really not surprising, since Battlefield makes attempts at being a Skill influenced game.

like i said, i have popcorn. and i knew i would be eating it because almost nobody understands the Game Balance process that goes in in Battlefield, despite it being not that complicated.
adjustments are made basically based on communication between Symthic and DICE LA, basically nothing else is involved.

Volition was wholly acquired by Deep Silver, they won't be making the next game. as much as i wish Nordic would do the awesome cool bro thing and donate the IP to Volition, i highly doubt that'll happen.

Edited by taiiat

Whatever man. I still like Battlefield and looking forward to BF1, but I just miss some of the older stuff that made it feel different. It's like phones, they're all rectangles.

11 hours ago, taiiat said:

Volition was wholly acquired by Deep Silver, they won't be making the next game. as much as i wish Nordic would do the awesome cool bro thing and donate the IP to Volition, i highly doubt that'll happen.

Agh, what an oversight! I thought they were bought together, studio and IP. Nevermind.....

6 minutes ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

Alas... I have found the true legend.

The one addicted to the forums.

nah, that was Archistopheles, but he hasn't been around for a while. (seemed like he literally lived on the Forums)
it's like losing the Forum Mascot or something.

Edited by taiiat

On 18/07/2016 at 3:08 AM, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

I'm curious to know what you call good.

If you even consider Halo ODST good then that's your opinion but to any sane person, it is utter mediocre. Games that I call good are things like Halo 3 , Deus ex Human Revolution , Dishonored, Bioshock, Gears of war 3 , Crackdown 2. Want me to carry on?

19 minutes ago, (XB1)killerADAM78900 said:

If you even consider Halo ODST good then that's your opinion but to any sane person, it is utter mediocre. Games that I call good are things like Halo 3 , Deus ex Human Revolution , Dishonored, Bioshock, Gears of war 3 , Crackdown 2. Want me to carry on?

Utter mediocre? Ha, hahaha, HAHAHAHA! ODST is the 2nd best in the franchise, and before you ask, this is coming from a die-hard Halo veteran.

Alright, I found the new worst game that just BAD and an insult to Ghostbusters, eve more than the new movie! Ghostbusters (2016) The Video Game for 50$! Activision really have the balls to price this crap at almost full retail price!

3 hours ago, (XB1)killerADAM78900 said:

ODST had a wonderful campaign