The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anybody Else Miss The Old Sound When You Were Capturing Your Target?

Aspari

The new one is preferable. The old one was funny, but just too overly melodramatic. It stood out like a sore thumb amongst the other vocal sounds in the game.

(actually I kinda liked it too, maybe they'll use it for something else down the road)

I miss it already. I used to love capture missions with friends new to the game because of it.

Exactly this, it showed that the developers didn't take everything too seriously, and could have fun with the game. Hearing that scream could put a smile on anyone's face, and whats more important, a bit of extra fun which everyone remembers/increases the game's reputation for being different, or a bit more professionalism which no-one notices or cares about.

Note: Not saying professionalism isn't important, but a little humour is definitely a good thing. Especially something as funny as that was.

Exactly this, it showed that the developers didn't take everything too seriously, and could have fun with the game. Hearing that scream could put a smile on anyone's face, and whats more important, a bit of extra fun which everyone remembers/increases the game's reputation for being different, or a bit more professionalism which no-one notices or cares about.

Note: Not saying professionalism isn't important, but a little humour is definitely a good thing. Especially something as funny as that was.

Couldn't agree more.

I agree.  My friends and I liked it to the point we would often leave the otherwise push to talk, VoiP open just to share the scream.

On the topic of capture missions... do we actually capture them... and how?  Is it explained somewhere what exactly we are doing to these guys.. and how exactly do we "interrogate" them latter?  I just see the tenno disintegration the poor guy.

On the topic of capture missions... do we actually capture them... and how?  Is it explained somewhere what exactly we are doing to these guys.. and how exactly do we "interrogate" them latter?  I just see the tenno disintegration the poor guy.

Something along the lines of converting their conciousness into data and storing it in your suit.  As you can imagine, it's a painful process.  

I always thought the original scream was so outrageous that it was funny.  But some people claimed to be legitimately creeped out by it.