Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hey there, Returning founder here.

Zarono

Question

Hey y'all, i'm one of the founders from back in the day and i was just wondering... the last i knew excalibur prime was exactly the same as excalibur, just cosmetically different (some people said he had higher shield regen but i never noticed it) has this been changed? and is there any real reason to play excalibur prime over other warframes?

11 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Kerganx said:

Excalibur Prime is the primed variant of the Excalibur Warframe featuring more powerful stats: possessing higher armor, as well as an additional Madurai Pol and a Madurai Pol Aura slot, rather than a slot without a polarity.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Excalibur/Prime

oh right, forgot that there was a dedicated wiki to this stuff, it's been THAT long. i've got a lot to catch up on.

Just now, Zarono said:

oh right, forgot that there was a dedicated wiki to this stuff, it's been THAT long. i've got a lot to catch up on.

You picked a pretty chaotic week to come back. Don't judge the game based on the current issues, last Friday they released an enormous game update (perhaps that is why you're back in the first place!) and unfortunately it is filled with quite a few bugs and game breaking issues. I think within a week or two it'll be ironed out.

As for your original question, the non prime excal is used quite a bit as it is, and excal prime is better so it is a very viable frame to use.

1 minute ago, Zarono said:

oh, have we become THAT rare?

People just don't bother with looking. 

Also Excalibur Umbra is coming up to become like EP2. 

Besides that if you thought you knew how the game worked with the void etc, forget everything and start a new again ;)

33 minutes ago, Zarono said:

oh, have we become THAT rare?

Nah.  40 some people on my friends list, probably almost half are active founders.

Excal Prime is a rare sight, mainly due to new as exciting frames, but also some in game salt when he surfaces.

I always notice whenever I see an Excalibur Prime.

I prefer just not to comment on it.
If I were a founder, and got something like "Oh look, its Excal Prime! WoW!!!!" every time I hopped into a mission, I'd eventually grow tired of it.

Also, I think Proto-Armor Excalibur is 10x more fabulous than Prime..... after Umbra Excal, ofc XD