Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making fissures good in a nutshell

PanzerYeena

1) Remove the 100 cap limit on void traces. They are a resource like any other and there is absolutely no reason for that cap to exist. All it does is force you to use your traces on a relic you might not even want at that time and prevents you from stocking up on traces to make farming for new stuff somewhat easier.

2) Make traces a drop from void missions. That would make running void mission at least somewhat worthwhile. Now it's just for argon crystals.

p.s.

How about adding some actual rewards to Archwing missions? You tried to make it interesting and IMO the new system works for that but why would I run archwing missions when they give no rewards whatsoever? You even took away the mastery fodder motivation when you gave the weapon parts to syndicates. 

I think the idea is to make sure they're a perishable resource so you have to actively farm them--in other words, actually play the game regularly.

I don't have a problem with this, but the actual number of void traces you can store is arguable. This can be tuned going forward and...tears are still new to me, so I'm not sure how I feel about the absolute number. This can be tweaked through either raising the cap or raising drop rates. The number should be high enough that the player doesn't feel the need to constantly farm for relics to fuel the refinement process, but not so high they can just hoard a metric ton of the stuff and then ignore that aspect of the game except around PAs.

Drop rates also might be affected by the void. Argon crystals are one thing, but this is an opportunity to keep the void relevant going forward. Some mechanism to obtain traces could be tied to it to make sure it doesn't fall into disuse.

They also need to have the Fissure drop ALL traces when it's closed, not the Eximus. This loot based meta is annoying and making me rage at other players.

....Or ya know.. they could just get rid of Fissures.. cuz it's awful, unimaginative and boring. Integrate the Relic system back into the Void where it belongs.