Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with understanding the new void & relic system

Undescribable

Question

So I'm a player who's been active since the end of January, but I'm still horrible at trading. I'm also bad at doing missions to grind things like relics as well as having kept myself away from Draco since that seems horribly boring.

So I wouldn't normally make a thread about this, and wouldn't worry too much about it really in normal cases. But now we've got the unvaulted primes dissapearing in two weeks, and I've missed all the previous time due to being on vacation.

So first off, I need specific relics in specific tiers to get every specific part. And there's a pool of like five rewards in every relic, with the thing I probably need being the rarest one in at least two cases. I don't know how to get the relics effectively, and then I don't understand how I'm supposed to get the rare reward with 2% chance to drop or something. I know you can rise that 2% to 10% or something, but that requires ALL your void traces. You can't have more than 100 void traces, and any you pick up after that are useless.

This combined with my usually bad RNG really does not make me look forward to running this and managing to get all the things I want. So far I've accumulated a total of around 110 traces, so either everyone else on here has got longer days and night than I do, or I'm doing something really wrong.

I really don't see how I'm going to get Dakra P and Boar P (already got Mag P from a couple months back) before they dissapear, and since I'm horrible at trading I've got a stable amount of 0 platinum to buy parts for.

I'd love any advice for this as I really dislike missing limited time stuff.

8 answers to this question

Welcome to a free2play game. Feel the GRIND. DO you know what's the most valuable resource in a free2play game? The answer is TIME and MONEY. If you don't have TIME, you'll need MONEY. Likewise, if you don't want to spend MONEY, you'll need to put in the TIME.

As a new player, you are very limited/restricted.

• Lack of gears
  • Lack of MODs
  • Lack of Skills
  • Lack of Experience
  • Lack of Friends

As a new player, you aren't meant to have everything. Items in Warframe are time-walled; they aren't truly a 1-time deal (except for a few certain items). If you are incapable of getting limited items, then wait and get them when you are more capable. 

TL;DR?

1. Go to wiki and look up the Relics of the prime parts you wanted.
  2. Look up where such Relics drops
  3. Run Relics with group with similar prime parts in mind
  4. Pray to Lootcifer

Put in the TIME or put in the MONEY. Meet some good people. I apologize for being blunt but that's how it is. Good luck.  

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

Yea, I'll have this active at all times now. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Autongnosis said:

My best advice is, run with other people for better odds.

You can add me, i do some fissure and fragment hunting most of the time, 2 rolls make it easier ^^

I'll add you. Would you say it's more worth spending 75 traces or 100 for better chances but wasted traces?

1 hour ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

Thank you too. Laughed at "Lack of Friends" but soon realised that only one of the people I play with still is active.

1. Play through some low-level Void fissure missions to gather up Void Traces until you have 100. Use those to refine Radiant relics of the type containing the rare item you are looking for.
  2. Find three other players looking for the same rare item you are and also have Radiant relics. Run the corresponding Void fissure mission with said squad of three other people.
  3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you finally get the item you're looking for.

3 hours ago, Inarticulate said:
  1. Play through some low-level Void fissure missions to gather up Void Traces until you have 100. Use those to refine Radiant relics of the type containing the rare item you are looking for.
  2. Find three other players looking for the same rare item you are and also have Radiant relics. Run the corresponding Void fissure mission with said squad of three other people.
  3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you finally get the item you're looking for.

I'll try this, probably through recruitment chat. Do I just ignore the Void Traces I loose when I've reached max amount?

Just now, Undescribable said:

I'll try this, probably through recruitment chat. Do I just ignore the Void Traces I loose when I've reached max amount?

Yeah. Not much you can really do about that. Hopefully DE hears our cries for a higher maximum limit.