Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What exactly happened with the mastery points during starchart change?

Abraxas

Hi. Sorry for being "that" person but I can't help it, I am a completionist...

I remember that before the SoR update went live I needed a bit over 4000 mastery points for the next level. After the update deployment this number went up and even after revisiting and unlocoking all Void missions and completing all the junctions, I was over 5000 mastery points away from the next level.

Does anybody know why is that? Btw, I haven't received a single mastery point for any junction and I was led to believe by the patch notes that there are mastery points associated with them.

I think it's likely that the simplest solution to moving mastery from nodes to junctions was to remove MR points gained for node completion and make everyone gain them back from junctions.

As for why it doesn't seem to be awarding, that might be a bug? DE seems to be having a lot of issues with junctions at present, it wouldn't surprise me if giving MR for completion was one of them.

7 minutes ago, Tzolkat said:

I think it's likely that the simplest solution to moving mastery from nodes to junctions was to remove MR points gained for node completion and make everyone gain them back from junctions.

As for why it doesn't seem to be awarding, that might be a bug? DE seems to be having a lot of issues with junctions at present, it wouldn't surprise me if giving MR for completion was one of them.

Have they deleted nodes then? If there is the same amount of nodes the junctions should just be extras, no need to remove mastery.

even if they did remove nodes to accommodate junctions they definitely should not have reduced any players progress, those players should have just not received mastery from junctions to keep things even. 

Has anyone actually deranked  because of this?

6 minutes ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

Has anyone actually deranked  because of this?

Yes. 

This is what DE said in the notes:

Junctions reward players with Mastery upon completion! Please note this Mastery reward is quite large, and offsets any Mastery points lost in the Star Chart changes of nodes per planet.

Nodes were removed and shifted causing loss of MR if you had completed if before, but you were supposed to be compensated by the junctions, which wasn't done (up to the last hotfix still nothing). 

Edited by -Sandman

17 minutes ago, -Sandman said:

Yes. 

This is what DE said in the notes:

Nodes were removed and shifted causing loss of MR if you had completed if before, but you were supposed to be compensated by the junctions, which wasn't done (up to the last hotfix still nothing). 

Wow! That, in my opinion,is abysmal!

perhaps I'm just being overly precious about this but in this type of game you should not mess with a players progress or acquired loot. For me that's fundamental, don't care if it is still hiding behind the beta tag nadanada. Not looking forward to this update at all :(

3 minutes ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

Wow! That, in my opinion,is abysmal!

perhaps I'm just being overly precious about this but in this type of game you should not mess with a players progress or acquired loot. For me that's fundamental, don't care if it is still hiding behind the beta tag nadanada. Not looking forward to this update at all :(

It is unacceptable but the norm we have come to accept. Lucky for you, us PC players are the punching bags, so its should be squeaky clean by the time it gets to consoles. Fear not tenno.

11 minutes ago, -Sandman said:

It is unacceptable but the norm we have come to accept. Lucky for you, us PC players are the punching bags, so its should be squeaky clean by the time it gets to consoles. Fear not tenno.

Yeah you pc boys really took one for the team this time!

And while I'm sure that by the time it hits consoles the junctions will give mastery I'm still of the opinion that the mastery should not be taken from players in the first place, it's just wrong to me. Hek I earned that mastery on starchart 1, it's kinda ironic I'm gonna have to re-earn it on what's basically a clone of that.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

Yeah you pc boys really took one for the team this time!

And while I'm sure that by the time it hits consoles the junctions will give mastery I'm still of the opinion that the mastery should not be taken from players in the first place, it's just wrong to me. Hek I earned that mastery on starchart 1, it's kinda ironic I'm gonna have to re-earn it on what's basically a clone of that.

Well while I am usually highly critical of DE for their messy and sometimes shady way of doing things I would have to disagree here; because the mr points were tied to the nodes. Due to the reassignment they were inadvertently lost, but it would not have mattered because completing the junctions would have led to a net increase. 

That being said though, the length of time the people are left without this increase is unacceptable. 

Edited by -Sandman

14 minutes ago, -Sandman said:

Well while I am usually highly critical of DE for their messy and sometimes shady way of doing things I would have to disagree here; because the mr points were tied to the nodes. Due to the reassignment they were inadvertently lost, but it would not have mattered because completing the junctions would have led to a net increase. 

That being said though, the length of time the people are left without this increase is unacceptable. 

Like I said I might be being overly precious, it's just a pet peeve of mine, don't take what I have earned, even if it is useless and virtual, if I earned it then it's mine lol

im sure I'll get over it but I will be grumbling as I do the junctions, their ears will burn.