Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

8-Bit Warframe: Lost Sector

Sakunai

Today I've been working on the UI, and after some discussion in chat we seem to have settled on these:
PVwvigg.png

This is thought to be in something like the "codex".
Hopefully the icons are clear, feedback is welcome as always.
Players who've been in warframe for a while might also recognize the white affinity orbs.

Our next devstream is ~24hrs from now - 10pm GMT, 27th of August

Currently not entirely sure what we'll be talking about, but it'll be something along the lines of showing off concept art (which we seem to have an endless supply of :D), talking a bit about the backstory of the game and lore and stuff, and the upcoming tutorial

Be there or be square! (like our artwork...)

https://www.twitch.tv/8bitwarframe

1 hour ago, (XB1)Listed mia 510 said:

Will this ever come to iOS?

Our current development tools do not allow for porting over to iOS.  The cost of putting an app on the Apple store is much more expensive.  Never say never, but at the moment we have no plans to have Lost Sector on iOS.  Sorry! :(

• 3 weeks later...

Played it, thought it was great! I do have a few suggestions:

1. Add a Keymap. Not necessarily a rebindable one, but at least let me see what all of the keys I need to use are. Even a .txt included in the download would be fine.
  2. Make it easier to tell which gamemode you have selected in the Main Menu. I can't tell which is selected, or even which keys to press to change it. See #1
  3. Add in the context action from warframe for opening lockers. As of right now, it is very annoying to be wasting lockers when you are just trying to get to another area.

Keep up the good work! I look forward to seeing how this project progresses.

16 hours ago, Cano_Lathra said:

Played it, thought it was great! I do have a few suggestions:

1. Add a Keymap. Not necessarily a rebindable one, but at least let me see what all of the keys I need to use are. Even a .txt included in the download would be fine.
  2. Make it easier to tell which gamemode you have selected in the Main Menu. I can't tell which is selected, or even which keys to press to change it. See #1
  3. Add in the context action from warframe for opening lockers. As of right now, it is very annoying to be wasting lockers when you are just trying to get to another area.

Keep up the good work! I look forward to seeing how this project progresses.

Hi there! Glad you liked it :)

1. Something like that has been talked about a lot. We've changed the keys around a bit and over the releases and it's very understandable that it's a bit confusing.
Will try to get something in there.
2. Hopefully we'll be moving along with procedurally generated maps SoonTM and along with that improvements to the UI. Right now there are only 2 modes, but it will increase in the future and be displayed when you select the map. Our vision is also to show some kind of "objectives" which should hint to which type of mission it is.
3. This has been changed back oand forth due to the build being on both PC and Android. On android there is a lack of buttons/ screen space which is iirc the reason why lockers are currently being opened automatically.

ps: there might be a stream this weekend where we may discuss things like this.

I played it a bit, both on Android and on PC.

The PC version is more coherent/polished on the whole, but I rather liked both versions.

Something I did encounter was a SEVERE framerate drop throughout most of the.. I think the first option. As has been said, there's some work to be done on clarity.
Both in the menu, as well as which keys do what exactly.

Still, awesome work, and I hope you can make it into a full-fledged, mobile fan-game!
There's definitely potential to what you're doing, and have accomplished already.
Keep it up, and best of luck!

2 hours ago, DragonKnightJin said:

I played it a bit, both on Android and on PC.

The PC version is more coherent/polished on the whole, but I rather liked both versions.

Something I did encounter was a SEVERE framerate drop throughout most of the.. I think the first option. As has been said, there's some work to be done on clarity.
Both in the menu, as well as which keys do what exactly.

Still, awesome work, and I hope you can make it into a full-fledged, mobile fan-game!
There's definitely potential to what you're doing, and have accomplished already.
Keep it up, and best of luck!

Thanks!  We are aware of performance issues on PC.  We've been busy in the last little bit, but one of the things we want to get to is move PC code to use OpenGL which should help with the performance issues! :)

Any plans to bring lost sector to iOS in the future? This looks like a neat concept and would love to play via mobile 

edit: just read the above comment so ignore my question xD, will try downloading on my laptop

Edited by Rogue_Striker