The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Vandal?

Vyra

1 minute ago, Beggining said:

I'm pretty sure those two are the Twin Queens. Sorry, I meant Kweens.

So one of them is a valkyr vandal? :D

look her pose looks like cat girl, more like a pet than a kween oO don't you think?

Those two are the twin queens. After all, that figure does call the older one "sister". I don't see why the grineer would have anything to do with vandal stuff, and it would make even more less sense if that was a valkyr, since she is a corpus experiment after all. And valkyr isn't the type to do cute cat poses. 

Edited by ArchTenno

1 minute ago, Misgenesis said:

It just looks silly grineer design. Valkyr isnt Corpus made anyway.

Maybe it is just Valkyr Nocturn .. hijacked version of the original ancient ( Bastet ) Valkyr ?! meow?

There won't be a Vandal version of Valkyr as there were never any Vandal versions of any Warframes. What you might see in the near future is Valkyr Prime. However, the character in the video is supposedly one of the Grineer queens.

4 minutes ago, Cathy Toshlyra said:

So one of them is a valkyr vandal? :D

look her pose looks like cat girl, more like a pet than a kween oO don't you think?

They're both Orokin, so I doubt it. Those 'ears' on the cat girl are probably her ponytails (we don't really know any true Orokin fashion, except for probably Teshin)

As for Valkyr Vandal, you should just get your hopes up on a Prime version instead, as that is guaranteed by the devs (they'll eventually Prime every frame)

5 hours ago, Cathy Toshlyra said:

i realyl hope to see a ( ability fixed ) version of valkyr ( prime ) soon but i really hope she gets cat ear helm.. like Bastet-... or just call her Bastet Prime :D

I doubt they are going to change her abillities, since they didn't do it on her deluxe skin, which is supposed to be her original version. They are most likely to make the prime out of that skin and there is a very slim chance that the helmet might be the bastet helmet, since ash prime's helmet is basically scorpion prime.

3 minutes ago, ArchTenno said:

I doubt they are going to change her abillities, since they didn't do it on her deluxe skin, which is supposed to be her original version. They are most likely to make the prime out of that skin and there is a very slim chance that the helmet might be the bastet helmet, since ash prime's helmet is basically scorpion prime.

They did change her abilities some time ago but they haven't refined or revamped them in any way not because of the deluxe skin, but because they prioritized other Warframe abilities. Valkyr might appear on the list some day, who knows? There are no plans as of yet to change Valkyr anymore.

Edited by JRMC

I understand that but honestly the naming of valkyr does not fit her style... valkyr has cat helm ( bastet ) and on the new skin she even has a tail  and claws...
I understand that the Corpus abomination of her is called Valkyr because of her ( crippled ) abilities.. but a valkyr is an angel like being from my understanding...so  the best way would be to rename "Valkyr" Prime on release to "Bastet Prime" , giving her Cat Helm and Cat Tail , claws and some sort of animation/skill rework...

or... just make a CAT Angel frame... called Valkyr... at least it makes a bit sense then :D

6 hours ago, Cathy Toshlyra said:

I understand that but honestly the naming of valkyr does not fit her style... valkyr has cat helm ( bastet ) and on the new skin she even has a tail  and claws...
I understand that the Corpus abomination of her is called Valkyr because of her ( crippled ) abilities.. but a valkyr is an angel like being from my understanding...so  the best way would be to rename "Valkyr" Prime on release to "Bastet Prime" , giving her Cat Helm and Cat Tail , claws and some sort of animation/skill rework...

or... just make a CAT Angel frame... called Valkyr... at least it makes a bit sense then :D

Now that i think of it. The deluxe skin is called gersemi, which in old norse means treasure or jewel. I think it's likely she is going to be called gersemi prime. My guess is that it was the corpus that named her valkyr. 

8 minutes ago, ArchTenno said:

Now that i think of it. The deluxe skin is called gersemi, which in old norse means treasure or jewel. I think it's likely she is going to be called gersemi prime. My guess is that it was the corpus that named her valkyr. 

Yeah i think so too but then... why is there so much of cat on that frame? ( both versions )

21 minutes ago, Cathy Toshlyra said:

Valkyr was not named by the Corpus. The name was Valkyr from the very beginning of the existence of the frame. Valkyr derives from the name Valkyrie, and if don't you know Norse mythology, they were basically like reapers, choosing who dies and who lives in battle and they would bring the chosen to Valhalla for Odin. The story goes on from there.

Being the aberration that she is, it seems that she's the only Warframe based around various personifications of demigods or gods, among others. Her name, the Kara helmet and her Gersemi skin are all related to the Norse mythology and her Bastet helmet is related to the Egyptian goddess, Bastet, while her overall feline appearance is a characteristic of her rage of an animal, and the Bastet helmet further cements that idea, depicting her as a justice warrior of some sort that would oppose those who stand in her way with great power and fury.

Edited by JRMC

5 minutes ago, JRMC said:

Valkyr was not named by the Corpus. The name was Valkyr from the very beginning of the existence of the frame. Valkyr derives from the name Valkyrie, and if don't you know Norse mythology, they were basically like reapers, choosing who dies and who lives in battle and they would bring the chosen to Valhalla for Odin. The story goes on from there.

Being the aberration that she is, it seems that she's the only Warframe based around various personifications of demigods or gods, among others. Her name, the Kara helmet and her Gersemi skin are all related to the Norse mythology and her Bastet helmet is related to the Egyptian goddess, Bastet, while her overall feline appearance is a characteristic of her rage of an animal, and the Bastet helmet further cements that idea, depicting her as a justice warrior of some sort that would oppose those who stand in her way with great power and fury.

Sounds about right.
Now i just hope for the prime version to have a cat like helm.. because mixing normal helm with prime frames usually generates some weird look due to the lack of metalic parts on the old helmets oO