Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Single Dagger

(PSN)lhbuch

Question

11 answers to this question

Most people regard the Ceramic dagger as the best dagger in the game due to it having the highest attack speed out of all of the daggers, but that's for covert lethality.

As of the best dagger for slash procs? That throws the karyst and Dark dagger out of the question, the Sheev has the highest slash damage out of all of the daggers but is very slow.

The only somewhat crit viable dagger (not including maiming strike) would be the Karyst as this has the highest crit chance out of all daggers at 10% and has the nice toxin base damage.

I'd personally pick the Karyst out of the two 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Thanks for the answers guys. I cant test it right now but I read somewhere  that if you equip homing fang even the karyst could cause slash procs. Is that true?

I'd wager that's correct. Some stances cause guaranteed procs of a certain type, like how crimson dervish has a combo with a guaranteed finisher effect.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Thanks for the answers guys. I cant test it right now but I read somewhere  that if you equip homing fang even the karyst could cause slash procs. Is that true?

Apparently the Lashing Forward combo causes a Slash proc on the final hit. I've never paid attention to Dagger combos in-game so I can only go by what the Wiki says. Try it and see, I guess.

On the topic of your original question, I'd say the Sheev or Karyst, though obviously only the Karyst is readily obtainable. The base Toxin damage can be used in a variety of different ways and biases your status chance towards Toxin, Gas, Corrosive, or Viral procs depending on how you set it up. The Sheev's Slash damage and status chance makes it at least somewhat useful, but really Daggers need an across-the-board buff, to their attack speed if nothing else.

Also keep in mind that the syndicate explosion on the Dark Dagger breaks stealth kill affinity chains and basically requires the frame you are using to have a way to put enemies into a disabled state to keep killing with CL. Ceramic Dagger is better if you are actually stealth killing with minimal energy expenditure and aiming for stupidly large affinity bonuses.

8 hours ago, (PS4)TheRainbowTurt1e said:

Most people regard the Ceramic dagger as the best dagger in the game due to it having the highest attack speed out of all of the daggers, but that's for covert lethality.

CL is just based on speed mods like fury and spoiled strike.

8 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

What´s the best single dagger, not considering CL? Is it possible to work on a build for Blood Rush-Body Count + Slash Procs? Pointed Wind seems to have higher damage multipliers but limit the slash procs.

Thanks!!!

Well, most damage is not the one with slash procs / viable with blood rush and body count because if you want to do endless missions where you want to use daggers as primary without covert lethality you have much better options. But the 2 you can dish out thr most damage with is either the KARYST or the DARK DAGGER. Personally I use karyst against vorpus and dark dagger against grineer/void due to the combined elements.