Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cephalon Fragments Mars

the8bithamster

Question

What do I know;

I need to scan 5 on Mars
They are supposed to show up on your radar if you get close, I have found 1 and didn't see that happen
I don't have any of the fancy mods that are supposed to help with this
Missions like Exterminate are best for this search, since they allow enough freeroam to search.

But.. how do I even do this? 6 missions down the road, no Cephalons found. I am slowly losing hope of ever seeing Phobos (you need 5 scanned to open the way)

8 answers to this question

You'll probably need a loot radar mod to help find them.  Your options are Animal Instinct, a Nightmare mod for companions, Loot Radar, an Aura mod, or Thief's Wit, a common Warframe mod that drops from Shield Lancers.  Another option would be to equip your scan and periodically look through it as the Cephalon Fragments will glow orange and be visible through walls if you are in range.

Edited by Katinka

36 minutes ago, the8bithamster said:

What do I know;

I need to scan 5 on Mars
They are supposed to show up on your radar if you get close, I have found 1 and didn't see that happen
I don't have any of the fancy mods that are supposed to help with this
Missions like Exterminate are best for this search, since they allow enough freeroam to search.

But.. how do I even do this? 6 missions down the road, no Cephalons found. I am slowly losing hope of ever seeing Phobos (you need 5 scanned to open the way)

The fragments spawn in almost every normal mission, unless overridden by Syndicate medallions, or other things that require spawning in.

Just run a few Capture missions. In some missions their spawn is quite obvious and in your face, in others they get spawned into a corner somewhere and you have to go find them, generally this will be a Syndicate medallion spawn location.

Good luck finding them ;) 

2 hours ago, the8bithamster said:

and just as I post this, I get a Thief's Wit :D Upgraded it to max, time to do some more mars missions.

Thanks for the help all :)

Am I correct in assuming that Extermination missions are the best for this?

I found capture missions to be best for all the various planets. Except for when I was scanning Derelict Cephalon Fragments, then I did exterminate so I could also scan kitties for genetic fragments too.

On 17/07/2016 at 3:24 PM, Gelkor said:

I found capture missions to be best for all the various planets. Except for when I was scanning Derelict Cephalon Fragments, then I did exterminate so I could also scan kitties for genetic fragments too.

Am I just being thick or are there no capture missions on mars?