Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syarn Prime Build (How Is It?)

Circle_of_Psi

Question

Hello Tenno

So, I've now finished my build of Syarn Prime and have taken some suggestions from a few people and I whuold like to get your feelings off it and what you think of it. Special thanks go to @Autongnosis, @WaRsHooTer666 & @Souldend78 for all the help and a close friend for suggesting Rage & Regn mod, and for providing me them. 

The finished build is below, however there is slight issue I have with this setup, however this chuold be just part of what the Warframe is about "Power Duration" is still quite low, despite how much I have & Power Strgh is not as strong a I wished it to be, but both issues chuold be said, due to Syarn is no longer a big nuke anymore (press 4 to win). However she still gets the job done. (And I am in Melee Syarn Mode, so thats another pulse, hence the lacking range )

Another big issue, that I have is how much energy I lack, even with power efficient, I kown at some point I'll be getting thos Arcane Energy mods, for my Helmet and Syandana, so I have more energy pickups when I use energy orbs. (On Vauban its oddly different).

So any tips on how to make my Power Efficient much better and my energy pool strong (So I can pertty much spam her powers and not run out of energy as quickly), Also is there anything you feel I shuold change?, Maybe Power Strg & Range, rather then Power Strg and Duration (Reason why I got PD, is due to I want my toxic lash to be last longing, but I always quickly recast it)

For me, I think Power Strg & Range shuold be ideal for a Syarn Prime Melee build, where my aim is to make toxic lash/Mismisa and Molt as strong as possbile. Also what about the Aura, I got the Aura due to my insane HP pool and Rage, but I think Energy Siphon might be a better choice (As I love that mod so much)      

Syarn_Prime_Build.jpg

Thank You

Legion

First thing first, Saryn passive is extra duration so modding her for extra duration is kinda pointless but you mod her however you want, your girl, your way.

Strength is needed but not like how it used to, anything over 100% will do now and you DO need range on her for Spore since its her most used ability and its the most useful debuff too (subjective)

This is the build i go with when i have my Zenurik on :

E5xNoG8.jpg

And this without Zenurik :

Sw4PxSg.jpg

For melee weapon, you can energy regen with Toxic Lach so you need range on your melee to pop up the Spores so i suggest Scoliac, why? put A with B to understand :D

Obviously using Naramon or Zenurik focus will help you a lot with this build, but the low Power Range on it is a bit of an issue for me- it will badly tank your Spore-spreading ability which in turn minimises the effectiveness of Miasma. The one change I would definitely make is to switch Vigor out for Steel Fibre since the damage reduction will give you more effective HP than Vigour.

I think one of the problems you're running into is the interaction between Blind Rage, your Energy supply, and casting costs, which seems to have pushed you to install Fleeting Expertise to offset the cycle. Something like this might be better balanced- casting Spore on your build consumes ~1/12 of your total energy, but with mine would take ~1/34th. The Power Strength is lower but that ~220 health per cast on Regenerative Molt can be made up for with Steel Fibre or Life Strike, especially with the larger Energy pool and feedback of Spore popping. If you're using Zenurik focus you can trade Rage in for Intensify (and/or swap Transient Fortitude out for Blind Rage) to make up for the Power Strength loss. It'll spread Spores further and faster and give Miasma a bit more sting too.

Edited by WrathAscending

1 hour ago, (PS4)KrakenUnchained said:

How you could spread the Spores with no range at all? get rid of Vigor and Coaction Drift replacing em with range mods, then swap Rejuvenation for CP, it will be a good way to start building her in a decent way

PS

Shes called Saryn.. S A R Y N.

I have Vigor due to I use that in ALL of my frames, and it makes her HP quite high, as this is a meele build, I run into battle. As for Dirft no I use that to make the Aura mods as effective as possbile. As for CP, no I never use that mod. As I don't fight Grineer as much with Syarn or The Orokin.

Also, I kown that, but for some reason goggle thinks its spelled the other way Dx

1 hour ago, Genitive said:

You want range on that build, too much duration is not necessary.

http://goo.gl/1psoVb

Alternatively you can go with maxed range, with negative power strength to maximize Spore spread, although I prefet this build.

Thank yo0u Gneitive, I'll see with the chances of Duration, as I feel myself it does nothing, the reason why I have gone with Strg is to make her powers kill and do good damage, a Negative Strg build will be like tickling the emmys. I do not want that, I don't spam one key to win. (Like Spores or Mismisa)

This only-one-spam power mentality is stupid, but thank you I'll see it that I will make the changes.  

Edited by LegionCynex

21 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

First thing first, Saryn passive is extra duration so modding her for extra duration is kinda pointless but you mod her however you want, your girl, your way.

Strength is needed but not like how it used to, anything over 100% will do now and you DO need range on her for Spore since its her most used ability and its the most useful debuff too (subjective)

For melee weapon, you can energy regen with Toxic Lach so you need range on your melee to pop up the Spores so i suggest Scoliac, why? put A with B to understand :D

Thank You Prinny 13, I felt the same way when testing her out, modding for duration is pointless, so I feel the same way, and yes she is my girl, and a hot one too ^^ <3. As for Stregth, like I said I use it so I can make her powers and damage as effective as possbile, but yes if it happens to go over 100% then I guess nothing I can do about it, but yes I will change Duration to range instead.

As for Melee, yes I will be getting Primed Reach at some point for my Ninikna Prime, to help pop the spores with toxic lash, along with range mods, so thank you foe this, asfor Socolic, no I only use primed weapons on primed frames, sorry thats how my Primed frames are XD, like APPG.

I will post the updated build soon 

9 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

No problem, i suggested that melee weapon to complete the S&M image i have in my head when i play Saryn, she is OL and when she whip around it just brings pleasure to me XD

Miasma is a energy sink at this point, so try to avoid it, it useful against level 1-20 though :(

Now, I want to use a whip...for...reasons..

As for Misaima I only use that, when there is so meny fokes around me at once or I kown they have alot of Viral & Toxin Porcs on. (As it deals massive amount of damage) 

1 minute ago, WrathAscending said:

I'd still get rid of Vigor in favour of Steel Fibre.

Your current EHP is 2,301. Swapping to Steel Fibre will increase that to 2,680.

hum, I might just consider that, I keep forgetting about Steel Fiber, I'll need to buy a maxxed one tho.

Oh boy, so many people cant type it Right. Syarn, Sarn, Syrn, Sarin, Srin, i saw all of that in trade chat. Now answering your question. If You want to spread spores, and kill far away, get 235 range, with Stretch, Overextended, now the Strength - Intensify, Transient Fortitude, Power Drift, now efficiency - Maxed Streamline, Fleeting Expertise Rank 4, now Regenerative Molt and Primed Continuity, or regular one, to counter high Duration loss.

Just now, mobilehacker said:

Oh boy, so many people cant type it Right. Syarn, Sarn, Syrn, Sarin, Srin, i saw all of that in trade chat. Now answering your question. If You want to spread spores, and kill far away, get 235 range, with Stretch, Overextended, now the Strength - Intensify, Transient Fortitude, Power Drift, now efficiency - Maxed Streamline, Fleeting Expertise Rank 4, now Regenerative Molt and Primed Continuity, or regular one, to counter high Duration loss.

I kown, goggle seems to hate her name, so forgive me Dx.

As for the build you said

1. Transient Fortitude: Done (Fully Maxed Minus 1 point)

2. Fleeting Exp: Done (Its fully maxed)

3.Overextended: Done (Fully Maxed)

4. Power Drift: No Need, I already have Coaction Drift, not changing it, its too useful

5. Streamline & Steach: No Need & No Space, not trading HP mods away.

6. Primed Con: No, I don't need  Duration, Also no space.

4 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

I kown, goggle seems to hate her name, so forgive me Dx.

As for the build you said

1. Transient Fortitude: Done (Fully Maxed Minus 1 point)

2. Fleeting Exp: Done (Its fully maxed)

3.Overextended: Done (Fully Maxed)

4. Power Drift: No Need, I already have Coaction Drift, not changing it, its too useful

5. Streamline & Steach: No Need & No Space, not trading HP mods away.

6. Primed Con: No, I don't need  Duration, Also no space.

If you have Regenerative Molt, you dont need too much HP, cause you can always regenerate the lost hp, simply casting Molt. Continuity is for gaining max HP, while Molt is drawing fire from you. You can put Quick Thinking and Flow, and use them instead of just HP.

About the Fleeting Expertise - if you combine R4 with Maxed Streamline, you gain 170% efficiency without sacrificing the 20% durattion.

Edited by mobilehacker
added FE explanation

9 minutes ago, mobilehacker said:

If you have Regenerative Molt, you dont need too much HP, cause you can always regenerate the lost hp, simply casting Molt. Continuity is for gaining max HP, while Molt is drawing fire from you. You can put Quick Thinking and Flow, and use them instead of just HP.

About the Fleeting Expertise - if you combine R4 with Maxed Streamline, you gain 170% efficiency without sacrificing the 20% durattion.

I was thinking to put quick thinking on, but I have no use for it really, also I don't want all my energy drained by quick thinking, while casting molt to gain more HP and draw fire, yes that does sound a better idea, tho I want to kown how fast it will heal me and how much fire is drawn Vs Ton of HP.

For Example: I have 50 HP, I cast Molt 5 secs Im 100? (Just an Example), Quick thinking, I have no idea how that turely works, but I heard if you combine Rage & Quick thinking its great.

So, if this is correct and Regn Molt will be my saving grace from dying or for quick healing, then YES I will do this. However with how the build is atm, Im unsure yet.

As for Fleeting Exp, not buying a rank 4 mod, just for that one thing, when I clearly have a fully maxed one.

P.S So I just looked at Powerdrift mod and seening this:  Can be stacked with Blind Rage, Intensify, and Transient Fortitude to provide a total of +199% Power Strength.

Made me a little excited, even tho I find the Aura enhancer alot stronger. 

Edited by LegionCynex

1 minute ago, LegionCynex said:

I was thinking to put quick thinking on, but I have no use for it really, also I don't want all my energy drained by quick thinking, while casting molt to gain more HP and draw fire, yes that does sound a better idea, tho I want to kown how fast it will heal me and how much fire is drawn Vs Ton of HP.

For Example: I have 50 HP, I cast Molt 5 secs Im 100? (Just an Example), Quick thinking, I have no idea how that turely works, but I heard if you combine Rage & Quick thinking its great.

So, if this is correct and Regn Molt will be my saving grace from dying or for quick healing, then YES I will do this. However with how the build is atm, Im unsure yet.

As for Fleeting Exp, not buying a rank 4 mod, just for that one thing, when I clearly have a fully maxed one.

According to Wiki, Molt yields you 50 HP/sec, but only while Molt is alive, so you do need some duration anyways. Quick Thinking drains your energy as HP with certain efficiency, at max rank you get like 100 energy = 240 HP. Rage gives you energy only if your HP >=3. When you have 2 HP it stops working. Now for Fleeting. I have Maxed for Blind Rage Builds, R4 for non Blind Rage Builds, and R5 for testing. You can go to the Derelict, farm some, or trade some, or buy some - it costs only 15 pl.

4 minutes ago, mobilehacker said:

According to Wiki, Molt yields you 50 HP/sec, but only while Molt is alive, so you do need some duration anyways. Quick Thinking drains your energy as HP with certain efficiency, at max rank you get like 100 energy = 240 HP. Rage gives you energy only if your HP >=3. When you have 2 HP it stops working. Now for Fleeting. I have Maxed for Blind Rage Builds, R4 for non Blind Rage Builds, and R5 for testing. You can go to the Derelict, farm some, or trade some, or buy some - it costs only 15 pl.

Ok, so with the build I have atm, my Molt is this: Warframe0007.jpg (Ingore the weapon)

So, I think thats about 6 secs of Molt?, which is not that great, So If I Use Primed Con (I have it fully maxxed out), For Molt, to make it heal me and draw fire longer (thats great, HP regen is wonderful) Over Vanity. Will that make Molt's Regen nice and quick?, so I can Heal quickly and keep myself alive?.

As for Quick thinking over Rage, Im unsure of yet, But I don't think quick thinking HEALS you, just uses your energy like a shield, but if Quick Thinking is better then Rage, then YES I'll replace it. Guess it means I have to Froma her once more, for that D Slot. As for Power Drift with Iten and Fort, that will mean I will have to remove rage and place Inten where the Y is.

But for the Rank 4 Fleeting, I can't see why I need to waste plat on such thing, as I don't see the harm in useing the maxxed one, if Im going to be using Primed Con. Cuz I smipely refused to waste plat on that and Cores.

28 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

Ok, so with the build I have atm, my Molt is this: Warframe0007.jpg (Ingore the weapon)

So, I think thats about 6 secs of Molt?, which is not that great, So If I Use Primed Con (I have it fully maxxed out), For Molt, to make it heal me and draw fire longer (thats great, HP regen is wonderful) Over Vanity. Will that make Molt's Regen nice and quick?, so I can Heal quickly and keep myself alive?.

As for Quick thinking over Rage, Im unsure of yet, But I don't think quick thinking HEALS you, just uses your energy like a shield, but if Quick Thinking is better then Rage, then YES I'll replace it. Guess it means I have to Froma her once more, for that D Slot. As for Power Drift with Iten and Fort, that will mean I will have to remove rage and place Inten where the Y is.

But for the Rank 4 Fleeting, I can't see why I need to waste plat on such thing, as I don't see the harm in useing the maxxed one, if Im going to be using Primed Con. Cuz I smipely refused to waste plat on that and Cores.

Yeah, Quick Thinking dont heal you, instead it keeps you alive longer. Rage just gives you energy when you are damaged. By i suggest to use rage on Inaros, cause he has much HP. I believe you can put away Quick Thinking in favor of other mod that you need, like Flow or Steel Fiber.

1 hour ago, mobilehacker said:

Yeah, Quick Thinking dont heal you, instead it keeps you alive longer. Rage just gives you energy when you are damaged. By i suggest to use rage on Inaros, cause he has much HP. I believe you can put away Quick Thinking in favor of other mod that you need, like Flow or Steel Fiber.

Alright then I'll see what I can do

I do think Saryn can be played in a number of different ways and its what suits your playstyle - these builds work very effectively for me, the map will be covered in Spores leading to very high DPS, and the second build can survive in most extreme missions. These are not cheap builds, the primed continuity alone is 600 gold cores and 1.7m credit but you build up to it a piece at a time.

With high energy from primed flow and quick thinking its rare she will die. Range is important, get the spores out there. I do not do melee much in my game, and I use gas based weapons to get better spread on spores. I very rarely miasma, this is all about spreading spores from the molt.

I tried many different builds: same map, same mission, solo and with people to get the right build for me.

Up to Level40 - with Zenurik for energy:

3714332.jpg

Over Level40 where Naroman Shadow Step is needed instead of Zenurik and more survivability:

3714333.jpg

@LegionCynex ShadowQueenX mod setup is the way you want to go, if you dont have primed mods use their rare versions.
Once you master Saryn, Quick Thinking and Vitality are not required, but its really hard to give them up a lot of times.

Also, for better energy from mission start, keep Forma'ing Saryn to match mods polarities, any extra mod capacity at rank 30 gives you 20 more energy (per mod capacity) from start. Or something like that, forgot the math behind it.
My Saryn starts missions at 140 energy, which is nice.

Unrelated:
I usually just run Regenerative Molt and base health, so I get insta heals in one Molt cast and no worries if Molt dies before fully healing me, since broken augment does not heals all the way if Molt dies/explodes too soon.

Edited by Souldend78

UPDATE: Sorry for the long update, but here it is, I've added the suggested such: Range & Duration, while trying to cap high amount of Strength as I can. I've removed the HP mods in favor to high duration as well. 

Syarn_Prime_Build.jpg

However if I count this right my other build was doing much more Strg/Efficity, etc. Tho I chuold be counting it wrong:

Syarn_Prime_Build_2.jpg

So, what have I done wrong here?, I don't want a negative srtg build, I want my powers to deal high damage (Mostly my final power), so whats up?

Edited by LegionCynex

Can't see what your builds are, the links appear to be broken. Tried it in IE and Firefox.

Without specifics all I can say is that if you're planning to go Melee Saryn as indicated earlier you're going to need Steel Fibre and Vitality to stay alive. You'll need to find space for them.