The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ive got to ask.relic upgrading...

There a little blue bar next to each item on the list. The higher option you picker increases the rare item drop chance. I don't know by how much tho, but it seems to work but it isn't a guaranteed chance. It would still have chance of giving a common item over the rarer one your hoping for.

1 minute ago, Ibro156 said:

There a little blue bar next to each item on the list. The higher option you picker increases the rare item drop chance. I don't know by how much tho, but it seems to work but it isn't a guaranteed chance. It would still have chance of giving a common item over the rarer one your hoping for.

all seams like a frickin scam to me

It is a scam. They have even more control over what drops and how much time you spend farming for prime parts. They turned normal missions into trace/void/excavation/normal mission farms while constantly changing what type of mission and where that mission is located, while giving you the illusion of a better percentage chance. The new system can even dictate weather you will succeed or not by not dropping enough reactants to close the fissure in time. But of course you have way to many people in this game that will defend this crap and come to the rescue of DE while they rip them off. Even more good reasons I stopped paying for this game.

59 minutes ago, War-Zone said:

It is a scam. They have even more control over what drops and how much time you spend farming for prime parts. They turned normal missions into trace/void/excavation/normal mission farms while constantly changing what type of mission and where that mission is located, while giving you the illusion of a better percentage chance. The new system can even dictate weather you will succeed or not by not dropping enough reactants to close the fissure in time. But of course you have way to many people in this game that will defend this crap and come to the rescue of DE while they rip them off. Even more good reasons I stopped paying for this game.

Holy tinfoil batman

Reactant drop like candy if you keep killing, I'll be happy to provide  screenshots of 3 fissures being closed while I solo them once I get back on, I'll show the reactants as well.

The new system encourages playing together with others.

Lets say, you ask your friends to radiant upgrade this relic you want to use. All of you use it, and you have at least 40% chance to get a rare part. Compared to how low it is in intact.

Steve also spoke about changing how the fissure affects the mission type as well as the enemies surrounding it. This was said in the latest prime time.

Please, Tenno, dump the tinfoil hats, it's not healthy to wear them.

Edited by KJRenz

7 minutes ago, KJRenz said:

Holy tinfoil batman

weirdalfoil_2322.jpg

I'm sorry, I didn't have enough to make one for you.

OP; all it does is even out the "drop" chance of the items on the loot table for that Relic. Personally, I've never seen this work out in my favor yet, but that may be due to the freakish bug that effecting the Relics at the moment.

On 7/17/2016 at 11:11 PM, KJRenz said:

Holy tinfoil batman

Reactant drop like candy if you keep killing, I'll be happy to provide  screenshots of 3 fissures being closed while I solo them once I get back on, I'll show the reactants as well.

The new system encourages playing together with others.

Lets say, you ask your friends to radiant upgrade this relic you want to use. All of you use it, and you have at least 40% chance to get a rare part. Compared to how low it is in intact.

Steve also spoke about changing how the fissure affects the mission type as well as the enemies surrounding it. This was said in the latest prime time.

Please, Tenno, dump the tinfoil hats, it's not healthy to wear them.

ugh, here we go again,

No one needs your screen shots, I've done enough t4 fissures solo where I continued to kill and there weren't enough reactants to close the fissure. That's the only reason I'v failed them, because there weren't enough reactants. I can still kill everything while bursa's and new loka ancients are on me while closing the fissure but if there aren't enough reactants then the mission fails despite me killing everything. Maybe you should use a better example then a t1 or t2 fussure and try using normal words, tin foil hat? really? are you 15? maybe you can throw the word "salt" in there, all the kids like to use that a lot too.

Bottom line is DE created even more of a grind (meaning farming for relics AND reactants) and can randomize it at will. They can create new situations that couldn't be done in the old void missions like adding t4 void enemies in a rescue mission or spy mission while dropping bursa's or manics on you. But you go ahead and continue to pay for it and defend this crap.

1 hour ago, War-Zone said:

ugh, here we go again,

No one needs your screen shots, I've done enough t4 fissures solo where I continued to kill and there weren't enough reactants to close the fissure. That's the only reason I'v failed them, because there weren't enough reactants. I can still kill everything while bursa's and new loka ancients are on me while closing the fissure but if there aren't enough reactants then the mission fails despite me killing everything. Maybe you should use a better example then a t1 or t2 fussure and try using normal words, tin foil hat? really? are you 15? maybe you can throw the word "salt" in there, all the kids like to use that a lot too.

Bottom line is DE created even more of a grind (meaning farming for relics AND reactants) and can randomize it at will. They can create new situations that couldn't be done in the old void missions like adding t4 void enemies in a rescue mission or spy mission while dropping bursa's or manics on you. But you go ahead and continue to pay for it and defend this crap.

Yes, tinfoil, because you seem to come up with statements to bash DE. Saying they're scamming you, DE ripping people off, New system dictating whether or not you get reactants etc. None of which are proven, just statements because it's much better to bash DE right? That's what I meant on tinfoil. 

The illusion of drop chance? You mean the times where a full team has radiant relics of the same kind and get what they what? This system encourages you to play with others.

T1 and T2? Who said I was going to do that?

07VMM9C.png

llM1rOX.jpg

q7o2qJo.jpg

QuoD9Et.jpg

3 instances of me closing a T4 fissure doing it solo, so yes, you can close the fissure in time. I almost failed one of them because some corrupted ran away and I had to go find them, plus I had to do this while being underfire in a high level survival mission which is the only complaint that I have. Napalms... still hate them.

Also, pay? The last time I paid with my cash for something was around U17.

Leave the insults out of discussion

Edited by KJRenz

On 7/17/2016 at 11:11 PM, KJRenz said:

at least 40% chance to get a rare part

While I agree with the rest of the post, statistics are weird so that isn't quite correct.  It's more like 34ish% to have at least one Rare item with four Radiants.  It's fantastic compared to 5% per 20 monotonous minutes, but it's misleading to round it up to 40 and tack on an "at least" in front of it.

12 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

While I agree with the rest of the post, statistics are weird so that isn't quite correct.  It's more like 34ish% to have at least one Rare item with four Radiants.  It's fantastic compared to 5% per 20 monotonous minutes, but it's misleading to round it up to 40 and tack on an "at least" in front of it.

yep 34% is correct, the only problem i actually see is that there is no way to know if all 4 members are bringing radiant relics (you cant even tell if they brought the correct relic until end mission)
not such a big problem anyway, if you are the only one bringing the correct radiant relic you get 10% chance of getting the rarest part thats still twice better than 5% every 20 mins, and gathering 100 tears doesnt take so long.
Also if you dont get the part you were looking for you have the option to choose between 4 different rewards that can be an easy forma or 50 ducats or just some plats.

I like how this loot system is designed now, it just becomes boring soon but its a straight improvement to me if i do a bit of math between the time/chance/effort ratio.

Edited by JohnKable

On 7/17/2016 at 8:20 PM, Noamuth said:

weirdalfoil_2322.jpg

I'm sorry, I didn't have enough to make one for you.

OP; all it does is even out the "drop" chance of the items on the loot table for that Relic. Personally, I've never seen this work out in my favor yet, but that may be due to the freakish bug that effecting the Relics at the moment.

Personally, but it worked in my favor alot. I got 3 of 4 pieces of booben. Finished off my nikiana and working on my akstiiltoe right now. I run 3-4 lith runs to get the traces and one run on a piece. Best chance to beat RNG is have 3 friends group with you and you all go for the same item. 

19 minutes ago, ravend said:

Personally, but it worked in my favor alot. I got 3 of 4 pieces of booben. Finished off my nikiana and working on my akstiiltoe right now. I run 3-4 lith runs to get the traces and one run on a piece. Best chance to beat RNG is have 3 friends group with you and you all go for the same item. 

Please see the part of my post about "...freakish bug That effect the Relics..."

There have been multiple posts about rewards not showing correctly for all members of the team.  i.e., I see 3 Forma and 1 Saryn Prime helm, everyone else sees 3 Fang Prime handles and 1 Orthos Prime Handle.  All items not listed on the Relic we were all using.

This bug is also reported to be effecting normal missions as well.

Edited by Noamuth

2 hours ago, Noamuth said:

Please see the part of my post about "...freakish bug That effect the Relics..."

There have been multiple posts about rewards not showing correctly for all members of the team.  i.e., I see 3 Forma and 1 Saryn Prime helm, everyone else sees 3 Fang Prime handles and 1 Orthos Prime Handle.  All items not listed on the Relic we were all using.

This bug is also reported to be effecting normal missions as well.

Yea, i have seen it twice. Didn't know it was that bad for others. Personally have a problem with leveling mods.

6 minutes ago, ravend said:

Yea, i have seen it twice. Didn't know it was that bad for others. Personally have a problem with leveling mods.

For me, I get the bug about 80% of my runs.

As to mods, I'm lucky I guess, 0 issues maxing any mod I need.

47 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

Kind of funny how ~5% the lowest dropchance of prime parts in the old system and now we have 2% standard...

Well I was happy about the changes at first, then I found the loot rate on the wiki and i'm just disappointed (even more than before)

I would even use 200-300 void traces just to get 40%

I'm ok with spending a lot of time to get something, but only if i'm 100% sure i'll get it, and 40% isn't even enough for that.

Edited by Trichouette

On 18/7/2016 at 5:11 AM, KJRenz said:

All of you use it, and you have at least 40% chance to get a rare part.

You don't even need to understand the probability math that lies behind that question to see that that is not true. 10 people with each a 10% chance would for example not give you a 100% guaranteed chance for that item.

An easy way to see it would be if you had 50% chance of something over two tries and you want the result at least once. You would end up with 4 possible outcomes, each with a 25% chance of occurring (Typically visualized like branches on a tree-like graph). The total odds for you getting the 50% chance outcome at least once over two tries can then be added up to 75%.