Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gun Sounds / Silencers

Klydoris

I am a fairly new player and was initially very confused after I put a Silence mod on my gun, that in the next mission the weapon was sounding exactly like before. It was obvious after some encounters that the silencing of the weapon worked regarding the reaction of the enemies but I find it very disturbing, hearing the gun in full loudness myself.

Wouldn't it be possible and a rather minor modification to give the guns a few sound with a suppressor added to them? Would really improve the immersion, cause one can actually hear the impact of the mod and tell at once only by hearing the gun if it is silenced or not.

Edited by Klydoris

31 minutes ago, taiiat said:

it makes sense. 

annoyingly enough, people whined that Supressor Mods DID make your Weapons sound different, and it got removed.

Wat.....

First they change the actual wallrunning for "hopping", and now you tell me the whined about that too?

DE should sometimes not listen to that kind of people.... T_T

Just now, Railgun_Alter said:

First they change the actual wallrunning for "hopping", and now you tell me the whined about that too?

wallhopping while not perfect (and a bit weird), makes sense because it's much better at traversing imperfect surfaces (so 95% of places) than the original way wallrunning was handled.

anyways, i'd live with an icon on the HUD to denote if a Weapon is Silent or not. i wouldn't trust it to work though since it's the UI.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18.7.2016 at 8:38 AM, taiiat said:

annoyingly enough, people whined that Supressor Mods DID make your Weapons sound different, and it got removed.

When? I remember like a year ago when weapons sound volume was lowered tiny bit if you had Silence mod on them but it didn't change anything else. Weapons still were loud and sounded exactly the same. What is there to complain about weapon sounding different anyway?

1. It would help you and your teammates knowledge existance of a silenced weapon on the team.

2.It would bring logic to the mod that is supposed to make weapon less loud