Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I need your help .....

Chromatrescu

Basiclly this happened : 

My friends and i are closest friends , our living place is near . we are playing Warframe alot nowaday , 24/7 on our gaming time , but yesterday , my friend [ lets just call him X ] has being " the old leaves flew away from the young leaves of the great tree " 

X has given up Warframe , i tried to convince him to returns but he said : " What's the point of going back to Warframe when we always have to do missions to missions again , and i have waiting for a release of a Warframe or Weapons for days now . I got everything [ he's MR22 ] now , i just fell so boring when i keep playing the mission over and over and over .... again "

Seeing my closest friend and posibly my only friend leaving me to play other games is fell sad , i know i have friends in Warframe alot but in real life friend leaving you like that , it fells bad and you will playing Warframe alone . Can you guys giving me an advice to convincing him back to Warframe now ? Warframe is my only game to play , since there's no more games to play , others games have very bad community so i left those game , other than that , just Warframe . 

Also that i fell sad more when the " heroic youtuber " of mine turns out to be " a villan " . 

Thanks if you reply and giving advice for me , thank you so much for your help .  

Edited by Teemo_FC

3 minutes ago, Pavelord said:

Seems you´ve played a lot, you need to let your friend fight burn out, cleanse his palate in a way, take his time and return in shorter burst if he wishes, can't force anyone to play something they don't like.

Actually he did left Warframe last month for 33 days . Playing Unturned and GTA V . Didn't mention that , sorry . 

2 minutes ago, kubbi said:

pvz736wo5710e535233fe957237487.gif

Yeah seriously. Sometimes you gotta let it go. If its meant to be he'll return.

Just now, Teemo_FC said:

Actually he did left Warframe last month for 33 days . Playing Unturned and GTA V . Didn't mention that , sorry . 

Additional : He saw the SoTR Update is kinda cranky with bugs and connections so he said to me that " My Internet is bad , i think i can't play Warframe because of that " 

Edited by Teemo_FC

5 minutes ago, VoidNomade said:

OP i´m following your threads lately. You´re strange guy did anyone told you that?

If i do then i will be living as an elmo 

If i don't then i just need some help with some situation . 

I went horrible situation this week , both on gaming and real life . I just want to hide it and be good to the community 

" Sometimes the person we looked at is very wierd , but we didn't know their trully situation they have went . They just need helps " 

Edited by Teemo_FC

Give him time. Everybody needs a break from time to time. Playing 24/7 is also a good way to burn yourself out. He knows the game's fun, if he didn't he wouldn't have wasted his time ranking all the way up to mr 22.

Also the "What's the point of going back to Warframe when we always have to do missions to missions again , and i have waiting for a release of a Warframe or Weapons for days now . I got everything [ he's MR22 ] now , i just fell so boring when i keep playing the mission over and over and over .... again" bit, the point of playing is having a good time with your friends and meeting new people, that's usually the reason to play an Online game....unless you're the type of person who plays these type of games just for the content.

Edited by Shad0wWatcher

theres probly nothing you can do. You can play this game for a long time but there hits that point where theres not much left to do except the same old missions and farming for new gear. so unless they start bringing out better and more exciting content then i wouldnt blame your friend for not playing anymore.

Edited by smiddler

2 minutes ago, Shad0wWatcher said:

Give him time. Everybody needs a break from time to time. Playing 24/7 is also a good way to burn yourself out. He knows the game's fun, if he didn't he wouldn't have wasted his time ranking all the way up to mr 22. Also the "What's the point of going back to Warframe when we always have to do missions to missions again , and i have waiting for a release of a Warframe or Weapons for days now . I got everything [ he's MR22 ] now , i just fell so boring when i keep playing the mission over and over and over .... again" bit, the point of playing is having a good time with your friends and meeting new people, that's usually the reason to play an Online game....unless you're the type of person who plays these type of games just for the content.

Why is people still mistaken this xD 

24/7 in our gaming time , means sometimes we not fully throwing time in games ;) [ we usually play for 4 hour in a day then went to work or studying ] 

I do enjoy much about Warframe , it makes me dis-stress about school and worrying . 

Edited by Teemo_FC

Just now, Teemo_FC said:

Why is people still mistaken this xD 

24/7 in our gaming time , means sometimes we not fully throwing time in games ;) 

I do enjoy much about Warframe , it makes me dis-stress about school and worrying . 

Oh lol, alright fair enough but still tho, everybody needs a break form time to time.

3 minutes ago, smiddler said:

theres probly nothing you can do. You can play this game for a long time but there hits that point where theres not much left to do except the same old missions and farming for new gear. so unless they start bringing out better and more exciting content then i wouldnt blame your friend for not playing anymore.

I wouldn't yes , but still , we miss old times don't we ? 

Just now, Berserkerkitten said:

If you love somebody, let them go. If you hate somebody, let them go. Let everyone go. Get a dog.

" If you love somebody , let him go " - Yes , but i miss old times with him , those time were great , but i think the young leaves need to stay .

" if you hate somebody , let him go " - We wouldn't wanted to play with him anymore , yes ? 

" Let everyone go " I do let him go . 

" Get a dog " - My family doesn't wanted one , which is sad and i lost a dog in December 8th , 2014 , when i was going back from school , i saw his body .... you could understand .  

Eh just give him some time.  Once things settle down with SOTR and bugs get "fixed" you should probably revisit the matter with your friend.  Yes you have to do mission after mission and that does get boring, but it's how the game is currently.  If there are things that he'd like to see added to the dojos/public relays and such, come up with ideas together and start a thread of them all :)

29 minutes ago, Teemo_FC said:

Basiclly this happened : 

My friends and i are closest friends , our living place is near . we are playing Warframe alot nowaday , 24/7 on our gaming time , but yesterday , my friend [ lets just call him X ] has being " the old leaves flew away from the young leaves of the great tree " 

X has given up Warframe , i tried to convince him to returns but he said : " What's the point of going back to Warframe when we always have to do missions to missions again , and i have waiting for a release of a Warframe or Weapons for days now . I got everything [ he's MR22 ] now , i just fell so boring when i keep playing the mission over and over and over .... again "

Seeing my closest friend and posibly my only friend leaving me to play other games is fell sad , i know i have friends in Warframe alot but in real life friend leaving you like that , it fells bad and you will playing Warframe alone . Can you guys giving me an advice to convincing him back to Warframe now ? Warframe is my only game to play , since there's no more games to play , others games have very bad community so i left those game , other than that , just Warframe . 

Also that i fell sad more when the " heroic youtuber " of mine turns out to be " a villan " . 

Thanks if you reply and giving advice for me , thank you so much for your help .  

Warframe is the type of game in which you just have to take breaks. You can't expect to play the same thing all the time and not get bored. Wait for the war within update and then tell him to check it out. First time I started to play the game I played for a month or two and then stopped for a while. Then I started to play again. I've been going on and off on the game and I'm sure many others have done so too. Your friend is probably just burned out and he will probably come back at some point. Don't worry about it much. In the mean time you can figure something else to distract you I'm sure. I read books when I'm burned out on warframe. 

11 minutes ago, Mr_bunny said:

Warframe is the type of game in which you just have to take breaks. You can't expect to play the same thing all the time and not get bored. Wait for the war within update and then tell him to check it out. First time I started to play the game I played for a month or two and then stopped for a while. Then I started to play again. I've been going on and off on the game and I'm sure many others have done so too. Your friend is probably just burned out and he will probably come back at some point. Don't worry about it much. In the mean time you can figure something else to distract you I'm sure. I read books when I'm burned out on warframe. 

I could . I just wish if i could

I did bump into your topics quite a few times, and I hope I don't come across as offensive, but here is an observation I made:

Full-binge Completionists are rarely creative. They play the game to complete it, nothing matters more. It's almost like a compulsive push, like some people have to complete any and all achievements even to the detriment of their real life. A seriously ill-boding condition. By the same token, these people do not seem to think outside the box much.

So what is it that really was making the game for you and him enjoyable? Think back to the time when you started. What was it really? Was it the flair, the style, the gameplay? Or was it simply another game that was in your alley to binge on for completion?

This brings me back to the creativity bit; nobody forces you to use fully maxxed out gear to do something. There are so many other ways to play Warframe other than "do the fastest and most efficient to get from A to Z". I'm not saying you have to do that, but at least consider them. Have you ever done stealth-runs with non-stealth-frames? Have you ever done melee-only missions? Have you ever arbitrarily reduced the mod capacity you would have available? Ever tried to do a loadout without rare mods? Or playing Trials with only 4 people? How about pvp with dedicated pre-made teams on friends only mode, playing by rules you established prior to that?

Warframe can get challenging fairly quickly the moment you're not roflstomping enemies any more.
The game is what you do with it. Granted, sometimes we get bent over backwards when DE decides to change something radically. Sometimes it's a good change, sometimes it's a bad change, sometimes it needs time to grow to be fixed. But in the end, ask your friend about the initial thoughts about why you and he started Warframe once, what got you hooked. Most things can be recreated.

But I fear from the descriptions given, it is treated as another gear-treadmill on the "we have to get it done as fast as possible" binge. That screams of boredom and burnout. Take it easy, mix your gaming time with other things. There are so many games out there. In my opinion it's a waste to sink all available time on the same title, but that's just me. The longevity of a game is dependant on how much restraint you can show.

This is why I believe most completionists are rarely creative about gameplay, according to over a decade of experiences and examples in these kind of things. They just see the end, and not the things behind them or at the side of the road.

Well, he's kinda mistaken for expecting plenty of minor contents in the big update season. DE is known for "not doing anything other than hotfixes" when they're preparing to release a big update. Just wait til TWW and convince him to get back (if it's relatively bug free) or wait a few weeks for DE to unleash the hotfixes.

Edited by Jangkrik