The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WTenno v. Jedi| Who Would Win

(PSN)bddacres

2 minutes ago, Denishuis said:

If Loki's Disarm works on lightsabers (which is logical),then it's 1 more OP tenno power)

Radial Disarm usually doesn't work on melee-only enemies. And Jedi rarely carry blastets, so...

3 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Well most tenno also have very cheesy abilities. Which can deal damage independent of weapons.

Valkyr's Hysteria for example has a set base damage.

So unless they can nullify Tenno abilities with the force, they will still lose, very quickly I might add.

Assuming you can't just force push Valkyr away (you probably can't, she has ripline), you could almost certainly parry her claws with a lightsaber. I agree Valkyr would overpower the Jedi eventually, but with stuff like force speed it's closer than you give the Jedi credit for

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

Radial Disarm usually doesn't work on melee-only enemies. And Jedi rarely carry blastets, so...

Assuming you can't just force push Valkyr away (you probably can't, she has ripline), you could almost certainly parry her claws with a lightsaber. I agree Valkyr would overpower the Jedi eventually, but with stuff like force speed it's closer than you give the Jedi credit for

You may be able to parry them, but combined with using all her abilities it would be a quick fight.

Ripline to get close while being pushed away, warcry to heighten reflexes, paralysis (Or whatever its called) to knock back and disorient the Jedi, and Hysteria to finish the job.

2 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Valkyr: *Activate Hysteria*

Jedi: *Force push*

Valkyr: *Ripline* GET OVER HERE!

And stuff happens

Jedi/Sith: *Uses one of the many plot-device level force powers that have been bandied about like some sort of trump card.*

(insert random warframe here): *Is implicitly immune to it due to the force explicitly A) having almost no effect whatsoever on beings which are not connected to it, and B) not existing in the Warframe universe, and thus not being connected to the Warframes.*

Where is your self-contradictory mysticism now?

6 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Good point about disarm,but I think in wf melee guys mostly use weapon not involving electronic systems or complicated tech,while a lightsaber uses a complicated tech
And I fully agree that a lot of people here doesn't give Force users enough credit
They are very potent at fighting overall and Force is a force (lol) to be reconned with

Edited by Denishuis

8 minutes ago, Denishuis said:

Those guys were Op as S#&$,but not to the extend you're describing them

You played the games, right? Read the lore? It's actually all there. Only reason Nihilus didn't absorb the life force of a galaxy was because plot compelled him to lose to a Jedi. Same with Revan. If his idiot self had actually USED the Star Forge, not a damn thing could have stopped him. 

And yes, the Force CAN aid in predicting the future, even shown in the movies for easy reference. Same with the Force keeping one alive despite them being wounded to the point any non-force-user would have been dead. 

If the Jedi were trained to that point, Warframes wouldn't even be considered a threat. It's kind of scary how strong they got in canon lore before it was collectively shut down. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)IroncladBomber said:

The Blood God does not approve of the use of Trickery or Magic, such things are for the weaklings whom serve Tzneetch.

I was referring to the Librarian being a BAMF and ending the users of trickery, the heretics. Praise the Blood God.

One other thing - People are saying that the Force would be useless in the WF universe, but why are we giving the Tenno the home-field advantage? We're assuming there's also a connection to the Void where they're fighting. If there's no force, there's no Void either. Neutral space. In such a case, the Jedi would win by default of frames not being able to use abilities because Operators have no source of power, while the Jedi can still benefit from their enhanced abilities and weaponry. 

3 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

film Jedi suck. Jedi everyone where were freaking gods. You also have to take into account the level of the Jedi.

Max Rank Tenno with every Forma vs a Jedi Master?

Jedi would destroy the tenno in seconds.

My Mag could do the same as well,if not better

2 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

If there's no force, there's no Void either. Neutral space. In such a case, the Jedi would win by default of frames not being able to use abilities because Operators have no source of power, while the Jedi can still benefit from their enhanced abilities and weaponry. 

That's a strawman fallacy. Basically, you're misrepresenting my argument and arguing against your misrepresentation. There's no such thing as the "home field advantage" in regards to force powers, they just explicitly only work on inhabitants of the Star Wars universe. Hell, even some aliens that are part of that universe but not part of that galaxy are almost entirely immune to any direct Force attack. Furthermore, the Void is not the same thing as the Force, so to treat them as being the same thing would be a False Equivalency.

10 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

film Jedi suck. Jedi everyone where were freaking gods. You also have to take into account the level of the Jedi.

Max Rank Tenno with every Forma vs a Jedi Master?

Jedi would destroy the tenno in seconds

-snip-

Quite a few frames can do the same, but better and faster.

Like within thirty seconds, instead of a minute+

Edited by PoisonHD

1 minute ago, Dreddeth said:

Furthermore, the Void is not the same thing as the Force, so to treat them as being the same thing would be a False Equivalency.

I wholeheartedly agree. However, they work based around the same concept, no? Mysterious infinite energy floating around the universe? Specific and powerful individuals that can tap into this energy to become stronger? Who's to say that Void powers aren't exclusive to dwellers of the Warframe universe, or similar to the Jedi, only inhabitants of the Origin System? There are no solid facts to prove they function differently, but the facts we do have point to the undeniable functional similarities that the two share. 

Treating them differently is equally as wrong as treating them the same. It's a false comparison to begin with, so neither side can be right or wrong unless both sides are treated with equal advantages or disadvantages. As such, if neither has access to their Force/Void equivalent, then both sides can only fight with factual(within the games) and non-variable abilities, which do not include void or force-based abilities. 

30 minutes ago, Denishuis said:

If Loki's Disarm works on lightsabers (which is logical),then it's 1 more OP tenno power)

Tbh tenno are closer to jedi than actually ninjas (who in actually history prefer stealth to actual violence and were skilled in one on one encounters rather than large assaulted)

both serve for the greater good. both gain power from a unexplanable force. Both have a factor which splintered from them and prefer a darker path. Tbh i think the DEvs were heavily inspired by Star wars. I mean the grineer are basically the clone army.

4 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

I wholeheartedly agree. However, they work based around the same concept, no? Mysterious infinite energy floating around the universe? Specific and powerful individuals that can tap into this energy to become stronger? Who's to say that Void powers aren't exclusive to dwellers of the Warframe universe, or similar to the Jedi, only inhabitants of the Origin System? There are no solid facts to prove they function differently, but the facts we do have point to the undeniable functional similarities that the two share. 

Treating them differently is equally as wrong as treating them the same. It's a false comparison to begin with, so neither side can be right or wrong unless both sides are treated with equal advantages or disadvantages. As such, if neither has access to their Force/Void equivalent, then both sides can only fight with factual(within the games) and non-variable abilities, which do not include void or force-based abilities. 

Well the only people we know who can effectively use the void power is the Tenno, and probably the Stalker. Hell the Orokin saw this and built frames for us to use our powers in concentrated doses. 

7 minutes ago, Denishuis said:

My Mag could do the same as well,if not better

Your mag doesnt have super speed, super punching, etc, etc.

2 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Quite a few frames can do the same, but better and faster.

Like within thirty seconds, instead of a minute+

Only after they have max energy can you spam powers one after the other. So while you are sitting there popping energy restores the Jedi will kill you.

No warframe is going to pull a ship down.

1 minute ago, (PS4)JaysInc_ said:

Well the only people we know who can effectively use the void power is the Tenno, and probably the Stalker. Hell the Orokin saw this and built frames for us to use our powers in concentrated doses. 

The only people that can use the Force are designated Force users, so I really don't see what you were trying to say. It's just another similarity the Force and Void powers share, which is the entire basis of my argument in that post. 

7 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Only after they have max energy can you spam powers one after the other. So while you are sitting there popping energy restores the Jedi will kill you

No warframe is going to pull a ship down.

On the fact of energy plates. I recall they give energy instantly in an AOE Effect, who is standing around?

Second.

Mag could pull the ship down, or crush it flat out....
Vauban can suck it into a vortex and cause it to crash.

Volt can overload all electronic systems in it at once, with a power surge, causing it to crash.

Limbo can transfer it to another dimension.

Excalibur can (Probably) use his EB to cut the thing into pieces. 

Frost can freeze important systems causing it to crash.

So they can do better then pull it down....

Anyway, that's a sith. Not a Jedi. We are talking specifically Jedi here.

Edited by PoisonHD

Just now, TrickshotMcGee said:

To be perfectly fair, and to head off your attempt to reduce my argument to absurdity, a Jedi fighting an enemy which is immune to the force, such as the Yuuzan Vong, can still use the force to manipulate the world around them, and to bolster their own abilities. Force Lightning also works, probably because it's attacking through electrical energy and not pure force power or something like that. This is never really explained to my knowledge, but can probably be put down to the force requiring a connection in order to manipulate a living organism or something to that effect.

Meanwhile, the Void can certainly be nullified in its own way, but it would be intellectually dishonest to assume that this is the same way since Void Energy is an extra-dimensional force, and even explicitly comes from a twisted hellspace separate from our reality, rather than a near-universal connection between most (but not all) living things. If there's anything that could be treated identically to the Void, it would probably be the Warp from Warhammer 40K, but that is neither here nor there.

So it ultimately comes down to someone who is strongly implied to have around three quarters of their skill-set outright negated, leaving them with their magic sword, their self-enhancement skills, and telekinesis against someone who suffers from no such implication regarding their abilities, and whose more mundane skills (marksmanship, parkour, stealth) are typically more practical.

2 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Mag could pull the ship down, or crush it flat out....
Vauban can suck it into a vortex and cause it to crash.

Volt can overload all electronic systems in it at once, with a power surge, causing it to crash.

Limbo can transfer it to another dimension.

Excalibur can (Probably) use his EB to cut the thing into pieces. 

Frost can freeze important systems causing it to crash.

So they can do better then pull it down....

Anyway, that's a sith. Not a Jedi. We are talking specifically Jedi here.

well mag has only been know to use her ability on small targets. Jedi can use force lightning to the same extent as volt.Basically it wont kill but is good CC lol. Limbo's ability takes far to long and with enough mediation a jedi could find his way back. Jedi could use ice as a power although it was rare. And they could imbue weapons with the force and use it as an exalted weapon

5 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

well mag has only been know to use her ability on small targets. Jedi can use force lightning to the same extent as volt.Basically it wont kill but is good CC lol. Limbo's ability takes far to long and with enough mediation a jedi could find his way back. Jedi could use ice as a power although it was rare. And they could imbue weapons with the force and use it as an exalted weapon

She can only use her ability on small targets in-game because, it would break the game if she could crush the entire map....

EDIT: Based on Lore and in-game description of mag, she can control Magnetic Energy, so anything is fair game. No limitations.

Sith can use Force lightning, not Jedi, and not in the radial AOE of Volt. They are entirely outclassed.

They can imbue weapons with the force, but that wouldn't make it the same as an Exalted weapon. That would be like a level up Vs. an Evolution.

Meditation.... Yeah that takes time to, and patience, and being alone long enough to not die by the Tenno running at you guns blazing. In comparison, Limbo's time to put someone in the void is nulled.

Edited by PoisonHD

Just now, (PS4)bddacres said:

um................................................ then half of the arguments in this thread are illegitimate if were going by the "game limitation theory" . 

I am going on Lore and frame description. 

Not game-limitation.

Just now, PoisonHD said:

I am going on Lore and frame description. 

Not game-limitation.

Post was targeted towards your op not when you edited it.

Mag ability would be situational if were basing it off of "game lore". Magnetic energy requires a conductor. It isn't confirmed if the metal used to build ships in Star Wars are made of a conductible metal so where the battle is held is a factor. So technically mag would be useless in certain environments

Jedi could use Force Lightning actually

When it is imbued with the force Force energy can be propelled from the blade basically exalted blade.

1 minute ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Post was targeted towards your op not when you edited it.

Mag ability would be situational if were basing it off of "game lore". Magnetic energy requires a conductor. It isn't confirmed if the metal used to build ships in Star Wars are made of a conductible metal so where the battle is held is a factor. So technically mag would be useless in certain environments

Jedi could use Force Lightning actually

When it is imbued with the force Force energy can be propelled from the blade basically exalted blade.

I know it was, which is why I put the "EDIT" there for clarification.
But even if the ship itself isn't made of a metal mag can effect. The systems themselves would almost always be. Making it so she can just crush all the systems within the ship...

Clarification on the Force Lightning thing, its been awhile since I have payed attention to anything Star Wars related, but I meant to say the (Honor system?) of the Jedi restrict them (mentally) so they don't use Force Lightning.

I can't argue with that, but wouldn't it require some concentration to propel the Force from the blade? In comparison to the mindless propulsion of EB's "Waves"