The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WTenno v. Jedi| Who Would Win

(PSN)bddacres

7 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

This is never really explained to my knowledge, but can probably be put down to the force requiring a connection in order to manipulate a living organism or something to that effect.

Correct on all counts, save 1. A Jedi/Sith doesn't need a direct connection to the Force to manipulate themselves, which includes their enhanced reflexes and speed/strength since those are half gotten from the sheer amount of training they do, and the Force lives within them.

9 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

Meanwhile, the Void can certainly be nullified in its own way, but it would be intellectually dishonest to assume that this is the same way since Void Energy is an extra-dimensional force, and even explicitly comes from a twisted hellspace separate from our reality, rather than a near-universal connection between most (but not all) living things. If there's anything that could be treated identically to the Void, it would probably be the Warp from Warhammer 40K, but that is neither here nor there.

Again, true enough, except the idea of my argument was to nullify both the connection to the Void AND the Force, as to create a more stable fighting ground. For the simple reason that both sides have access to something in their mystical energy abilities that would easily institute the MAD principle, both should be removed from play. It's not simply the presence of one energy in more than a single plane of existence, but the existence of either sources in a fight that is basically a game of who's got the bigger stick? I was arguing that neither side have access instead of both being placed in an alternate dimension. As if neither source existed for the duration of the fight, only what they could do with their bodies and equipment.

15 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

So it ultimately comes down to someone who is strongly implied to have around three quarters of their skill-set outright negated, leaving them with their magic sword, their self-enhancement skills, and telekinesis against someone who suffers from no such implication regarding their abilities, and whose more mundane skills (marksmanship, parkour, stealth) are typically more practical.

I'd like to point out that the Jedi, for all but in the movies, have had access to not only their 'magic swords' but also to planet-destroying fleets of ships and practically limitless numbers of individually-trained and highly skilled fighters. The lightsaber is only a tool in their arsenal. Parkour and stealth are also a trait of Jedi, so neither trumps the other on that count. Jedi, by nature, are adept at traversing their environment with speed and efficiency, as well as the capability to do so silently. Jedi are also natural marksmen simply because of their body's composure and physical prowess. At minimum, they meet the Warframe's base capabilities, except they're not operated by kids who were in a coma for a century and never received formal training.

A Jedi without the Force is as deadly as a Warframe without energy,except the Jedi have stronger weapons.

4 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

I know it was, which is why I put the "EDIT" there for clarification.
But even if the ship itself isn't made of a metal mag can effect. The systems themselves would almost always be. Making it so she can just crush all the systems within the ship...

Clarification on the Force Lightning thing, its been awhile since I have payed attention to anything Star Wars related, but I meant to say the (Honor system?) of the Jedi restrict them (mentally) so they don't use Force Lightning.

I can't argue with that, but wouldn't it require some concentration to propel the Force from the blade? In comparison to the mindless propulsion of EB's "Waves"

It is metal thats the issue its if the metals themselves can conduct a magnetic charge 

And Jedi cn use force lightning but since its not powered by dark emotions it is similar to Volt's abilities of being non lethal

and The eb is quite easy for a jedi  especially if theyre a battlemaster 

5 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

Huh... I'd actually completely forgotten about the lore descriptions. That's not exactly fair, though, because less-than-useful Limbo becomes pretty much a god.

True that. He would be able to pinpoint transfer body parts into different dimensions....

How can you fight that?

6 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

Huh... I'd actually completely forgotten about the lore descriptions. That's not exactly fair, though, because less-than-useful Limbo becomes pretty much a god.

Yea but Limbo might be complicated. remember the first Limbo blew up because he made a miscalculation 

Ugh, I can't even argue anymore, because we are getting into Star Wars facts I don't know.

That, and other Universe question BS, lol.

Example: (IF A is from Y universe, and B is from X universe, can A's powers effect X's materials, and Vice Versa)

If we get into that, we have to start to question whether the Force exists in the Warframe Universe.

Edited by PoisonHD

Just now, PoisonHD said:

Ugh, I can't even argue anymore, because we are getting into Star Wars facts I don't know.

That, and other Universe question BS.

Example: (IF A is from Y universe, and B is from X universe, can A's powers effect X's materials, and Vice Versa)

If we get into that, we have to start to question whether the Force exists in the Warframe Universe.

This actually made laugh because its so true but, I personally think the tenno will win given the right circumstances but i just didnt want this to be one sided because this is a warframe forum lol

In a straight up fight?

I don't even see this being a challenge for a competent Jedi Knight, Master, or Sith Lord.

It'd be like a cool breeze blew past and left a pile of metal parts.

A random lesser trained/focused Dark Jedi might have problems same as a random combat force user not trained as Jedi.

A more fair comparison/challenge would be a Tenno vs a Mandalorian

11 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

except the Jedi have stronger weapons.

Wrong. In the context of this fight, one Tenno versus one Jedi with average equipment on both ends, the Jedi is confined to his lightsaber while the Tenno has access to solid-projectile weaponry, which lightsabers explicitly suck at defending against since they can't deflect the shots. More so if it's a shotgun, which the Jedi explicitly suck even MORE against because the number of projectiles and wide spread make deflecting all of them an impossibility.

This would be so much easier if you people actually read my posts. I'm pretty sure I covered this already.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

This actually made laugh because its so true but, I personally think the tenno will win given the right circumstances but i just didnt want this to be one sided because this is a warframe forum lol

Well, someone has to support them xP

15 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

Wrong. In the context of this fight, one Tenno versus one Jedi with average equipment on both ends, the Jedi is confined to his lightsaber while the Tenno has access to solid-projectile weaponry, which lightsabers explicitly suck at defending against since they can't deflect the shots. More so if it's a shotgun, which the Jedi explicitly suck even MORE against because the number of projectiles and wide spread make deflecting all of them an impossibility.

This would be so much easier if you people actually read my posts. I'm pretty sure I covered this already.

well would guns be primitive to jedi technology? Couldnt a lightsaber just dissolve the bullets. And jedi like mace windu can use shatterpoint to instantly sense an opponents weakness which is basically banshees sonar with instant finishers lol. and Force users have been proven be able to defend againt impossible numbers of projectiles (mace windu, yoda, obi wan, bane) Bane defended himself against raindrops without a single drop touching him 50 bullets shouldnt be a problem.

19 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

In a straight up fight?

I don't even see this being a challenge for a competent Jedi Knight, Master, or Sith Lord.

It'd be like a cool breeze blew past and left a pile of metal parts.

A random lesser trained/focused Dark Jedi might have problems same as a random combat force user not trained as Jedi.

A more fair comparison/challenge would be a Tenno vs a Mandalorian

You kinda right on that one 

Just now, Dreddeth said:

Wrong. In the context of this fight, one Tenno versus one Jedi with average equipment on both ends

Define 'average'. Some older Jedi concepts and in some older books, Jedi carried energy shields that blocked pretty much anything, really.

Also, I don't get the "lightsabers can't block bullets" thing people have going on. Lightsabers can't DEFLECT bullets. They'd melt them because a saber is a unique plasma that can cut any material in the universe. SIngle-bullet weapons would be useless, you'd be forced to use a shotgun to have a chance. Aside from that, Jedi before the Republic was founded always wore heavy duty armor that could eat a lightsaber strike, or several. They were in all-out war with a Force-immune enemy before, so handling that would be pretty familiar. Their equipment HAD to be up to snuff to compensate for half of their ability being taken away. A Burston wouldn't even scratch it. Even the Tigris's compared strength might not even make the cut, and it's not exactly 'average' equipment.

The Star Wars universe is in a constant state of one-upping itself, so everything always gets stronger, bigger, better. It's gotten to the point that the ONLY power comparison would be Warhammer40k, and that's a whole different league. Honestly, basic Jedi equipment at its best exceeds basically everything in WF, simply because it's designed to be the best at everything it does. Sith stuff is even further than Jedi, and Yuuzhon Vong goes further still with their outrageous power armors.

Not calling WF weak, but SW stuff is so far off the charts that it isn't even funny.

6 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Define 'average'. Some older Jedi concepts and in some older books, Jedi carried energy shields that blocked pretty much anything, really.

Also, I don't get the "lightsabers can't block bullets" thing people have going on. Lightsabers can't DEFLECT bullets. They'd melt them because a saber is a unique plasma that can cut any material in the universe. SIngle-bullet weapons would be useless, you'd be forced to use a shotgun to have a chance. Aside from that, Jedi before the Republic was founded always wore heavy duty armor that could eat a lightsaber strike, or several. They were in all-out war with a Force-immune enemy before, so handling that would be pretty familiar. Their equipment HAD to be up to snuff to compensate for half of their ability being taken away. A Burston wouldn't even scratch it. Even the Tigris's compared strength might not even make the cut, and it's not exactly 'average' equipment.

The Star Wars universe is in a constant state of one-upping itself, so everything always gets stronger, bigger, better. It's gotten to the point that the ONLY power comparison would be Warhammer40k, and that's a whole different league. Honestly, basic Jedi equipment at its best exceeds basically everything in WF, simply because it's designed to be the best at everything it does. Sith stuff is even further than Jedi, and Yuuzhon Vong goes further still with their outrageous power armors.

Not calling WF weak, but SW stuff is so far off the charts that it isn't even funny.

I am not going to reply after this. But one thing breaks your argument.

Warframe is a different universe then Star Wars. Different Materials that could or can't be cut, different strengths of said metals. Being materials from a different Universe, a Burstons bullets colliding with the "heavy duty armor" could cause it to melt or explode for all we know.

Aren't universes great?

Edited by PoisonHD

Just now, PoisonHD said:

I am not going to reply after this. But one thing breaks your argument.

Warframe is a different universe then Star Wars. Different Materials that could or can't be cut, different strengths of said metals. Being materials from a different Universe, a Burstons bullets colliding with the "heavy duty armor" could cause it to melt or explode for all we know.

Aren't universes great?

Yeah lol. It's the crux of both sides.

This is the one thing that makes everything in this thread wrong, really. There's no way to accurately compare because all we have to gauge with is experience and assumed knowledge.

Still, it's an interesting concept to play around with, so we kind of disregarded that glaring facet of the arguments.

1 hour ago, Mak_Gohae said:

film Jedi suck. Jedi everyone where were freaking gods. You also have to take into account the level of the Jedi.

Max Rank Tenno with every Forma vs a Jedi Master?

Jedi would destroy the tenno in seconds.

No longer canon. Not sure if we're working off the new canon or the old though.

If we're going by Disney Canon, then a lot of creatures (such as the Vong) are not apart from the Force, as Dave Filoni and Lucas seem to dislike that idea of the Force not flowing through every living thing. With that in mind, it is likely that any creature that used to be Force immune now no longer is canon.

However, this makes Tenno Force-susceptible, as the Force now flows through every living thing, it's just that the Warframe Universe has not discovered it. 

Going off of this context, only the most powerful Jedi could take down a Tenno and their warframes, as the Jedi do not have the technological capability of finding our orbiter in the Void, so our Tenno are safe physically anyway. 

Assuming the Jedi is fighting a Warframe and unable to attack the Tenno in the orbiter (and that the Force is flowing through everything), I'd say it would be a very close battle. A clever Jedi might be able to defeat a Warframe by heavy usage on ranged force powers, but I doubt many Jedi would survive brawls with any Warframe. All Warframes posses enough strength to wield impossibly heavy weapons and could easily crush any Jedi foolish enough to get close to them. The Warframes main advantage in this battle though, is the sheer variability we can bring to the battlefield in a very short notice, unlike Jedi. We're capable of deploying a massive arsenal of different tactics immediately while only extremely skilled Jedi are capable of using the Force to its fullest extent. 

I'd say we could easily take on most Knights in the Jedi order in solo battles, but after that, it depends on which Master Jedi we fight.

Edited by Aimop95
More Words

44 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

Jedi uses the force to stop bullets~ o 3o

50 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

well would guns be primitive to jedi technology? Couldnt a lightsaber just dissolve the bullets. And jedi like mace windu can use shatterpoint to instantly sense an opponents weakness which is basically banshees sonar with instant finishers lol. and Force users have been proven be able to defend againt impossible numbers of projectiles (mace windu, yoda, obi wan, bane) Bane defended himself against raindrops without a single drop touching him 50 bullets shouldnt be a problem.

Last I checked, it was actually common practice in the extended universe to bring flechette guns on Jedi hunts because the plasma only divides the projectile in two because the cutting surface is centimeters wide, and the number of projectiles being fired at once is usually sufficient to force a dodge. If it's as common a practice as I remember, it was probably canon, while other things probably were not. Of course, nothing that was written before the Disney acquisition is considered canon any more, but considering they've just been lazily recycling characters and plot points, it's probably safe to assume that not much has changed.

The Tenno are not connected to the force, and thus do not project shatterpoints. In fact, they can't even be sensed through the force, so if Ivara activates Prowl or Loki activates Invisibility, the Jedi would certainly be at a great disadvantage unless the writers of Star Wars made them some BS naturally blind alien race with a godlike sense of touch that lets them feel their surroundings through air currents. I wouldn't put it past them.

49 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

We're comparing your average Jedi to your average Tenno. The Jedi have a cult-like adherence to the lightsaber and only the lightsaber in nearly all their forms apart from the New Order under Luke, so it's really the only thing we can reasonably expect them to carry as far as weapons, and even in the New Order it's still more or less their primary arm. Armor in the Star Wars universe is almost never portrayed as being effective unless it's made of some sort of unobtanium like Mandalorian Iron, so what we're really talking about here is more often than not Stormtrooper-grade Plasteel or similar if we're even in an era when Jedi wore armor at all. I watched the Clone Wars cartoon too, you know.

Unless the writers come up with specifically anti-Tenno BS, but again, being written out of the current problem via a nonsensical power up or gadget is pretty much what Jedi specialize in.

Edited by Dreddeth