Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The problem with void traces, or: I want to play something other than Nekros

ArtiSylv

Don't get me wrong, I love the new void system, but void trace farming is pretty bad the way it is now. I love the idea behind being able to spend a resource to boost your chances of getting rare items, but as it stands, it's not executed well.

A good solution would be to make the number of void traces you get be consistent - no desecrating them from dead enemies, no pickpocketing, no Hydroid thing, but in return, the "default number" you get would be raised, as if you always had a Nekros or something.

If I'm remembering right, part of the reason for reworking the void system was to boost the variety, but right now it's basically the way it was before - bring a specific team setup or you're not getting the most out of your key. The only difference is now you have less variety, because instead of Trin/Frost/Nova/Mesa for one mission and a Hydroid squad for another, the optimal choice is Nekros and 3 Ivaras (or 2 Ivaras and a Hydroid) every game.

Even if you don't go for the absolute maximum, you still have to have a Nekros to get anything more than a pitiful amount of void traces, and you can't have anyone bring the Simulor or - god forbid - put that last bit of reactant in too early, or else you're risking getting only a single digit number of them.

Again, I love the idea behind the new system, but I really want to play something like Banshee or Mirage or Atlas while still getting the most out of my relics.

Well, I've never played one of those fancy drop increasing frames so far, and I make between 60-100 void traces every 4-6 fissures. I think that's fine. Remember, you're increasing the drop rate for rare items, and such a thing should not be all to easily achieved, because that would decrease their rarity again.

only time i used nekros when farming traces was when i got the resource booster, but i only used that to see how many i can get, i got the "feels gud man" when i got 50+ in 1 run, but other than that, i use my rhino

"I wan't to play something else than Nekros"

Then do it. Just... Play the other Warframe. Don't milk the fissure for 3 damn minutes, rush it, get traces that it drops by itself and there you go. More traces, more prime parts (and ducats), more formas... Win win.

Btw: refining is "meh" i refined like 3-4 keys, not a single rare was dropped so far. So, yeah, refining is a good thing but not worthy of 3 minutes boring ability spam in my opinion,

Edited by Artek94

1 hour ago, mobilehacker said:

Why should you bother gathering too much traces?

To get the most out of your relic, of course. Why would you go 40 or 60 minutes in survival in the old system?

I don't like getting a single-digit number per run when I could be doing it more efficiently, so my only option is to bring Nekros or some other drop-increasing frame.

54 minutes ago, Ferah_Frithu said:

Remember, you're increasing the drop rate for rare items, and such a thing should not be all to easily achieved, because that would decrease their rarity again.

By that logic, why not make Nekros/Hydroid/Ivara not affect void trace drops in any way?

43 minutes ago, Hesyol said:

Never played Nekros or Hydroid there. Only time I've seen significant increase in traces drop was when we were on boosters

You have been in groups that don't understand how Fissures work or don't know how to optimize around a Nekros or have had just plain bad luck.

Edited by marelooke

5 minutes ago, marelooke said:

You have been in groups that don't understand how Fissures work or don't know how to optimize around a Nekros or have had just plain bad luck.

Yep.

Eximus units spawn from Fissures at 0%, 30%, 60%, and 90% completion. One approach (perhaps the ideal approach) is to find each Eximus, steal with three Ivaras, kill the Eximus, hack away at its corpse with slash weapons to get lots of chunks, Desecrate, and repeat.

Now, a lot of the time, this is too much trouble and I just zombie through random fissures from Relics I don't care about with whatever forgotten old weapon I've decided to Forma that day.

I hate the new system and I only do the fissures for traces atm. which most groups still don't have a clue about as it's so bloody intuitive...

So I:

• play Nekros (hurray for Naramon!)
  • bring my lucky cat (Smeeta Kavat, extra traces, yay!)
  • bring my badass War (primed fury/reach, berserk slash-monster)
  • bring my Rakta Cernos (one-shot gunners, bombards)
  • paste my short-manual for trace-farming (plead to pause fissure boosting at 30%, 50% and 80% and use slash weapons to hack the "special" eximus at start and in-between
  • focus on killing, desecrate here and there
  • slash wildly around at any fissure spawns at 30%, 50% and 80% hoping to quarter the special one and desecrate like a demon

Good runs yield 20+ traces. In no not so lucky runs the group rushes through the percentages before the special ones spawn or somebody vaporizes the specials.