The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Out Of Frame: The Everyday Lives Of The Tenno - Feedback & Discussion

Jordan_McBeast

So, I'm apparently the only one who doesn't think Miranda is ugly. Welp. I'm OK with this.

Also, Liara is so generic it's painful. She even becomes the Shadowbroker in ME3... The Marry Sue signal is strong with this one. You literally don't once see her weakened or hurt in cutscenes.

And yes I realize the irony that I'm defending Miranda, who reeks of Marry Sue...

So, I'm apparently the only one who doesn't think Miranda is ugly. Welp. I'm OK with this.

Also, Liara is so generic it's painful. She even becomes the Shadowbroker in ME3... The Marry Sue signal is strong with this one. You literally don't once see her weakened or hurt in cutscenes.

And yes I realize the irony that I'm defending Miranda, who reeks of Marry Sue...

Its not that Miranda is ugly, its that they screwed up her body model/voice actor so much. Srs, compare Miranda to Yvonne and tell me that Biower did a great job there.

The big problem that I see is that they worked too hard to follow the brand, whilst moving resources away from the story and depth of the world that they had created over the past two games. 

Another example of this is the Die Hard franchise. As the budget got bigger the films moved towards being a big action thing, and lost the thing that made the orginal so special. At the same time they still try to be Die-Hard-y, recycling themes and lines from past movies. The net result is something that is just cheesy. 

Personally I liked Miranda's character (though I also liked Cerberus in the second game). Sure she has generic elements to her personality, but I feel they are made up for. Also, she is just about the only character in ME3 who realises that you have something more important to do than sort out their own personal problems. 

And since I'm on a roll here, I'll address the ending. Originally I picked destroy, and that satisfied me. Renegade Shepard will do whatever needs to be done to beat the Reapers, be it violence, intimidation or even Genocide (sorry Wreave and the Krogan < Mordin). So seeing him give his life to end them once and for all is not a step too far IMO (though the running into the explosion confused me).

And that feeling held until I tried the other endings and saw how they were the all the same. However even that didn't bother me too much, after all I liked how ME2 ended and there you really only had two options, kill the base and tell TIM to piss off, or keep the base and tell TIM to piss off. 

My real beef was that they missed out on doing something similar to the Suicide mission for the final run. You know, choose your armies/forces for jobs, and make your EMS count for something, don't have enough Krogan strength? you loose half your Salarian forces etc. I really think there was a missed opportunity there to give a true feeling of the final fight with everyone coming together.

Also ME2 is the best since it has fish AND an AMAZING soundtrack.

I personally love one song from ME3, and one song along.

Leaving Earth.

I still feel sad when I hear that.

?

2 minutes of good music =/= the amount that ME2 had in its soundtrack.

the Jack Wall soundtrack to that game is potentially some of the greatest game music ever made, and that doesn't count the stuff by other artists or the DLC music (Shadow Broker had EVEN BETTER music)

Best mission in ME2 is the suicide mission, without a question, just because of that soundtrack.

Best in ME3 was the final mission with the Quarians. 

Dunt cur

Doozy never cares about any of us

We are just a test pool for his writing experiments. It allows him to see first-hand what triggers what in a crowd with very minimal delay in the results.

We are all just Sims in a very bizarre game of Sims 3, Doozy is the drunk guy who wants to see how far he can torture the sim before it commits suicide.

We are just a test pool for his writing experiments. It allows him to see first-hand what triggers what in a crowd with very minimal delay in the results.

We are all just Sims in a very bizarre game of Sims 3, Doozy is the drunk guy who wants to see how far he can torture the sim before it commits suicide.

mindblown.gif

Half truth.

I know exactly what the triggers are, the testing finished a long time ago.

And I seldom drink.

Edited by Doozy84

Ember is completely and totaly inferior to Saryn and Nyx. The only cool thing about her is her looks. You guys are going make me regret saying that aren't you...

*lights you on fire and watches you burn*

i actually chose ember cause i like fire <.< plus overheat giving 90% dmg res for 50 energy was great for me.

i didn't choose her for her looks, considering we are always watching the back of our frame and ember has those...hip guards.

also wtf is that thing on trinity? it looks like a really beat up up-side down toilet seat!

I never played mass effect but one of greatest quotes from games (and generally from everywhere) is from mass effect and that is

Javik: "Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters."

Rest of his quotes are quite hilarious too :D