Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm having a tough time getting Neurodes

ElSyd

Question

I almost always play with a friend who uses Necros when we're farming and we've tried Orokin Moon Survival and Earth Excavation. I've received 1 Neurode at best from each of these. Much of the time, I get nothing. Neurodes have been a serious problem since about the time Specters of the Rail came out. I currently don't have access to Necros, Ivara or Hydroid. Recruiting doesn't seem to be an option at the moment as the in-game chat seems to be broken (even after opening all of the necessary ports). Random players usually seem to be of the mute variety (possibly because of the chat issue).

I currently have 2 Argon Crystals and I need 3 more Neurodes to get started on my Ivara Neuroptics. I'd like to build this before the Argon disappears. What can be done?

Edited by ElSyd

9 answers to this question

Orokin Derelict Defence or Assassinate, Vay Hek Assassinate, or Dark Sector Defence on Earth tend to have the best chance to drop Neurodes in my experience. Vay Hek is a massive time sink so I'd probably advise Dark Sector Defence of those options though Orokin Derelict Defence does also offer a chance of getting Orokin Cells which are needed for a variety of items and components.

Wait, you didn't get neurodes from Lua? Are you sure? The last time I tried, which was before SoTR, the sentients dropped them like candy. How long were you staying? Did you guys kill very many sentients? If the drop chance was nerfed that could be bad...

Anyway, for right now you could run oro, earth. That's the vay hek fight. Before 2nd dream, that was one of the main places. You can solo it, and you don't need nekros or ivara. Just know that it may take a few runs. I used to run that all the time. Oh, and here's a pro-tip: for the stages where you fight him on the way to the final fight area, just run on past. He will skip that section and move on. You can run right to the end and fight him there instead of stopping along the way. Makes that mission a lot faster...

You can also try the Orokin derelict. I'm not 100% sure, but I think they drop there. But a nekros will help a lot in that mission. 

Playing random earth missions with a Smeeta Kavat has been quite effective for me lately, the Kavat will randomly give his/her owner 2-4 Neurodes everytime Charm rolls a Resource Drop, I managed to get around 15 neurodes on 2 consecutive Earth Exterminates, 2 of those dropped from chests. Of course, I got extremely lucky on that instance, but 2-4 is still reliable enough, specially if you take your time.

This should bear similar results if you bring your Smeeta Kavat to Derelict or Lua, speaking of which, Sentients and Bosses have a high chance to drop them (counting also the Stalker if you're on the right place) but at the end of the day, it's still up to RNG, I'd recommend going back to Survive or Exterminate on Lua and hoping for the best.

Edited by Jicematoro

1 hour ago, WrathAscending said:

Orokin Derelict Defence or Assassinate, Vay Hek Assassinate, or Dark Sector Defence on Earth tend to have the best chance to drop Neurodes in my experience. Vay Hek is a massive time sink so I'd probably advise Dark Sector Defence of those options though Orokin Derelict Defence does also offer a chance of getting Orokin Cells which are needed for a variety of items and components.

the oda is the best one 4 chances of getting one and you can replenish lephantis nav coordinates  on the mission to

Edit: bring the op kitty with you to it will help

Edited by (XB1)Bortis Badtouch

2 hours ago, tifanator said:

My Smeeta gave me - I kid you not - 24 neurodes in one drop last time I ran Cambria, Earth. They are definitely the best way to farm neurodes now. 

Lol... I imagine it generated 6, then it doubled from a resource booster, and doubled again from another of its buffs?

Smeeta kavat on a neurode planet is definitely the best way though.