Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please make Sortie solo friendly

-PP-Sonicz

I know you'll say "Why is there even a thread that says Sortie is done for solo? what a selfish guy. It is for playing as a team. Period.". Well, what if I told you that this might not always be true if your internet is bad, no matter how many times you reset it, checked firewall message of "Please ensure your firewall permits UDP 4950 and 4955". Have already did all the necessary checkings including adding inbound rules to firewall, port-forwarding all necessary ports, disabled all firewalls, disabled all devices to check, used Malwarebytes to clear malwares, cleaned pc, and more. Still not available. It's the same as for steam, currently unable to connect cos of "Server is having trouble connecting to steam servers.", but strangely, I can still connect to the internet which is why I could still be able to post on the forums.

The situation is, even though I have public matchmaking issues and can't talk on chat, solo-ing sortie is a pain in the neck. Why? Because of the ridiculous enemy levels as the stage goes higher.

Just yesterday, I did not even manage to go pass stage 2 as apparently the corpus are on level 80s, and its a mobile defense, and that once after you revive, not less than 3 seconds later, you'll get one shotted by the blue fusion moa and the one with the laser. This is really crazy I thought. So I'm like, why not I try the next sortie in 4 hours time? no big deal.

And then, on this sortie, I managed to skim through the first two stages by spaming energy pads (because of energy reduction and so forth). At the last stage, i'm not trying to complain but I have no choice. The last one is interception, minimum of 3 waves. Grineer are averaged on lvl 80 and above. At this point, tigris can never be able to one-shot them unless they are of infected, corpus or void faction, which makes grineer even way harder. I tried using ash at the first time, but got one shotted as per usual because of health has been cut into half from 825 to just mere 375. And I need to capture all 4 points, if I want to complete it with ease. Because of the eximus energy, and tigris being so underpowered here, bladestorm definitely became useless as once you finished 'dancing', some grineer at some point just shoot you and you die. yup, one shot. I'm like, maybe DE is trying to encourage ash not to bladestorm here. So I tried a different frame, why not. The next frame I used is Vauban. Once I got max energy, I rushed in and bastille all the points as fast as possible. But the thing is, after I bastille, the grineer at the points just stuck there and block me from capturing. Should I vortex them out of the way? yup, did exactly that, but then, here comes the energy eximus. Little did I realise I relied too much on energy pads that I build from 42 to just down to 3. After trying to capture awhile while bastiling them, they just stuck there and you can't even shoot them with the tigris because of tigris low reload speed vs interception capturing time.

The next frame I tried after that, is ivara. I try to use the stealthy approach to this. Apparently i'm able to go 43% against grineer 47%. Just a little gap, of avoiding them in prowl, not getting damaged and just capturing the points. To my horror, after successfully capturing to one, grineer just head to my direction and just capture the one that I just capture. Imagine how frustrated this has become. The next frame I tried, is valkyr because of the invincibility; but it was worse as energy drain stacks along time, grineer captures points way too fast.

So here comes the big problem and i'm going to speak truthfully. You know it's bad when you have to switch to four frames that gives the best advantage to the gameplay and that you can't use other frames to substitute. You'll be asking, why not use excalibre's radial blind or equinox's rest? You can try that but you'll come to a conclusion that they'll not be able to last for long, let alone 40%. You can cc them with blind and rest, sure, but provided you can bypass the energy eximus and other eximus.

If you can't solo with Vauban, valkyr, ivara, ash, what are your chances in completing the sortie? Zero.

This is really bad, because the enemy scaling issue is very obvious in sortie. It should be in a case where there's is a form of survivability to overcome such sheer levels and strength, even with desperation of skills management and counter ability, warframes become even much harder to utilise as a solo player, and that because it emphasises on co-op as it expects everyone to have great connectivity, solo-players whom previously are able to play in public matchmaking becomes underlooked. Sometimes are not because they just want to play as solo, it's because of personal internet connectivity that they have yet to solve. It's not matter of moving yourself to internet cafes, changing locations to play, it's matter of comfort and convenience.

After this sortie, i'm convinced that enemy scaling is a very major issue that needs to be addressed and DE should immediately look into how to solve this issue. Even after the previous easter egg which allows us to have godmode vs lvl 9999 enemies, this just shows how overpowered the AI is, not the warframes. (which I still don't understand why DE still able to rebalance and rework frames but have not reworked the enemy scaling yet.)

Please note, this is all based on my experimentation on the current sortie and it's not all from baseless opinions and just saying out as a comment. Not convinced? not trying to make you feel as if i'm being rude, but I would like you to experiment the last stage, interception on sortie. Tell me which frame you would use, what's your tatics to overcome this before making posts that tries to have personal insult to another player for making them feel dumb not being able to understand the tatics they can try out. Thanks for your understanding, any feedback will be great as this thread can be further aimed to help other players having difficulty to play sortie as solo or as team. <-

When I solo Sortie Mobile Defense, I bring Limbo. 

Cast Cataclysm on the defense point, and the enemies will almost never enter. I bring a Sonicor to ragdoll them in the event that they do enter, and keep a MOA Specter in the Cataclysm with me (Specters scale quite well in Sorties). Sometimes I die in between Cataclysm casts or while running from one point to another, but I can usually win before consuming all my revives. Also, once all the points are completed, I can Rift Walk for a safe exit.

But yeah, I don't even bother trying to solo endless Sorties.

Only sortie mission i won't try solo is Interception.  i will at least try all other ones.  MD i just did frost and elemental strun wraith.  On defense i go Limbo + my normal weapons.  On excavation i go frost + normal.  Survival, ash + broken war. 

I can defiantly see using limbo on MD though.

Most of the time I do Ash for interception, Mirage+Simulor(shut your mouth about this combo) Survival you can do just about any frame that survives a long period of time. Ash would. Loki, Rhino with iron clad charge for 150k iron skin. Wukong.

Spy is easy for Loki. Exterminates are cheap and easy. Rescue I just run in with Loki, go through the trap door for easy in, hack, then run off blasting them as I go with sonicor to knock them all flying and the rescue target just teleports with me.

Excavation I hate solo but I can do them too if I must.

Defense Is usually the walking target so it's easy to handle again with Mirage. If corpus have Augmented shields just use lots of pure toxin to eat what little health they have. Augmented armor? Slash ignores armor. I.E Ash Bladestorm.

Mag is also a good solo frame with high range and lots of duration. Magnetize someone, kill it, and pump damage into the orb and that effectively makes  defensive bubbles as nothing can shoot through it, or walk through it easily. You can magnetize up to 4 targets at once.

Limbo is also a good rescue frame, and good at a lot more things than just that. Have to be creative with Limbo.

Assassinations are a different story because it depends on which target it is. Like Raptor I like to use banshee and Vectis Prime on him. Though it's usually not easy to sneak in and pop him with Banshee. Huras Kubrow for the win for all non-stealth frames.

Yes I solo the majority of my sorties, I skip a lot of them too. Not enough time in the day after work, or just don't want to. I am MR22 so I got pretty much everything maxed mod wise, every single warframe, and tons of guns so I just build my plans and go from there.

I solo all of my sorties, and find almost all of them are doable one way or another. I use Nyx with a silenced weapon and a Shade on interceptions, and usually find them pretty easy, using long range long duration Chaos and mostly letting enemies fight each other, occasionally using Mind Control to help eliminate a conflict and take back a location.

Edited by thothsong
missing word

On 7/28/2016 at 1:41 PM, -PP-LittleCloud said:

At this point, tigris can never be able to one-shot them unless they are of infected, corpus or void faction, which makes grineer even way harder.

If you can't solo with Vauban, valkyr, ivara, ash, what are your chances in completing the sortie? Zero.

Try Nova. 75% speed reduction (that's the cap, at 145% power strength) and double the damage they take. You might even be able to one-shot those grineers.