Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happens if my PSN account gets banned

(PSN)Igna232

Question

First of all I want to say I never got any suspensions nor warning or whatsoever. But I started to think, what if my PSN account gets banned? Do I lose my warframe account or is there a way to migrate it to another PSN account. And should I start buying my games on disc just for if my account gets banned? Thanks

15 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Igna232 said:

First of all I want to say I never got any suspensions nor warning or whatsoever. But I started to think, what if my PSN account gets banned? Do I lose my warframe account or is there a way to migrate it to another PSN account. And should I start buying my games on disc just for if my account gets banned? Thanks

The fact that you are even asking this brings up more questions, this isn't something a normal person asks.

14 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

The fact that you are even asking this brings up more questions, this isn't something a normal person asks.

I was wondering because a was seeing a video about hackers bringing down steam servers. If I loose my account I can still go to play with my PC account but I haven't played Warframe in PC since Mirage came out.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Igna232 said:

I was wondering because a was seeing a video about hackers bringing down steam servers. If I loose my account I can still go to play with my PC account but I haven't played Warframe in PC since Mirage came out.

you don't need to be called a hacker to be able to DDOS, but it happened yeah, steam got hit during christmas and afterwards had a little bug in their servers that showed everyone other people's account information, not credit cards or whatever but just addresses and what not, what you owned...

But that's it, static information, you had no access to that account and you couldn't change anything.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Igna232 said:

Haven't seen any hackers bringing down Steam's servers, though what does that have to do with you getting banned and loosing your Warframe account for PS4?

17 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Haven't seen any hackers bringing down Steam's servers, though what does that have to do with you getting banned and loosing your Warframe account for PS4?

Ah I confused, I was watching a video by gameranx on harshest punishments for hackers, and I was just wondering that if anything happens, because apparently it's normal to get suspended in PSN just by saying "you are stupid", if I could get my Warframe account back

1 minute ago, (PS4)Igna232 said:

Ah I confused, I was watching a video by gameranx on harshest punishments for hackers, and I was just wondering that if anything happens, because apparently it's normal to get suspended in PSN just by saying "you are stupid", if I could get my Warframe account back

1) It's not normal to get suspended for that.

2) A suspension is not a ban

3) Hackers(if 99% of them can even be called that.. I just call them script kiddies as they buy their "hacks") are always banned.

47 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

^ this lol. only people who've done wrong would ask this.

sorry OP but you did the Crime, now do the time.

or people who are worried about unfair ban and piracy ? Sure those things never happen yup !

PSN has a colorful history of banning accounts that were hijacked and refused to pay the hijacker's damage, so there's really nothing wrong about asking that.

Now I don't have a PS4 but if you don't log onto a separate account while launching warframe, then your progress is most likely tied to your PSN account and cannot be migrated.

If you did migrate from PC however you could still play there, possibly even ask DE to migrate that account again to a new PSN account when PC -> PS4 migration comes back again.

Edited by Shifted

2 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

1) It's not normal to get suspended for that.

2) A suspension is not a ban

3) Hackers(if 99% of them can even be called that.. I just call them script kiddies as they buy their "hacks") are always banned.

I also think that they are not hackers, but unfortunately not many people believe that actuall hackers work for the government and stuff

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Igna232 said:

I also think that they are not hackers, but unfortunately not many people believe that actuall hackers work for the government and stuff

Of course there are hackers that work for the government and even private industry but they are brought on as a consultant to find and fix holes in their security, they are often referee to as  "White Hat" hackers.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Igna232 said:

I think you are probably pretty young and you will probably understand the reasoning behind the behaviour of the adult around you once you grow up.