Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Event mods substitutes.

VonDodo

Question

I was planning an ivara artemis bow build.

I got frame mods

I got melee mods, well needed buzz kill but there is a fine slightly weaker replacement  (120% against 90%).

Then i started to look for my bow build.....

How on earth is possible that an almost mandatory mod (look at 99% of bow builds) with 120% puncture or slash damage increase has only a 30% as alternative :( That is a mod that is no more available for drop.

What could i use in its place considering i already have 2 elemental mods?

9 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, TheFalseEclipse said:

Almost.. almost.

Just use another pair of dual stat ele mod and the difference is minimal aside the mod slot

I already use 2 elemental mods i can t trade 1 with 2 spaces without hugely affecting damage.

Infacts on bows i ve still to see a build that doesn t use those 2 event mods.

Only replacement is heavy caliber... that makes your bow a short range weapon :( (i'd better use a tonkor at that point)

Edited by VonDodo

1 hour ago, VonDodo said:

I was planning an ivara artemis bow build.

I got frame mods

I got melee mods, well needed buzz kill but there is a fine slightly weaker replacement  (120% against 90%).

Then i started to look for my bow build.....

How on earth is possible that an almost mandatory mod (look at 99% of bow builds) with 120% puncture or slash damage increase has only a 30% as alternative :( That is a mod that is no more available for drop.

What could i use in its place considering i already have 2 elemental mods?

Can't say for sure without knowing the rest of your build.

I'm guessing it looks something like this, though the Elemental mods are placeholders.

Your options are to either use another Forma to free up room for another +90% Elemental mod, or to place a Dual-Stat mod (Malignant Force etc), or Hammer Shot, or Critical Delay if you don't want to use another Forma.

If you plan on getting Piercing Calibre one day you'll need another Forma any way.

Of the available options the biggest DPS boost I could see was the Forma + 90% Elemental Mod option but the no-Forma Hammer Shot option wasn't far behind. An Elemental/Status mod was next-best, followed by Critical Delay. I guess you could try combining Vile Acceleration with Critical Delay but I'm not a huge fan of that.

Those are for the mods I know for sure will work. I haven't tested Bladed Rounds or Argon Scope with Artemis Bow and the description of the Wiki leads me to believe those don't function with Artemis Bow. If they do work with Artemis Bow however the biggest DPS increase you can get for the final empty slot is Bladed Rounds.

Edited by WrathAscending

2 minutes ago, WrathAscending said:

I'm guessing it looks something like this, though the Elemental mods are placeholders.

Your options are to either use another Forma to free up room for another +90% Elemental mod, or to place a Dual-Stat mod (Malignant Force etc), or Hammer Shot, or Critical Delay if you don't want to use another Forma.

Of the available options the biggest DPS boost I could see was the Forma + 90% Elemental Mod option but the no-Forma Hammer Shot option wasn't far behind.

I already put the 3rd forma on the bow i will put as many required.

The Build is exactly like that (vile acceleration instead of speed trigger)

But i don't get this:

2 specific elemental mods matching the faction are required.

The 3rd can't be from the same 2 i already used... so won't it increase the damage of only 25 or 50%?

Hammer shot is a nice idea... the crt bonus is far behind the 120% basic damage boost but maybe the status chance increase will help.

Just now, VonDodo said:

2 specific elemental mods matching the faction are required.

The 3rd can't be from the same 2 i already used... so won't it increase the damage of only 25 or 50%?

Hammer shot is a nice idea... the crt bonus is far behind the 120% basic damage boost but maybe the status chance increase will help.

Depends on whether you want pure DPS or some utility.

I know the meta has a big aversion to having more than two Elemental mods on a single weapon but honestly it doesn't phase me. The damage is still there, and the only reason to limit the amount of damage types coming off a weapon is if it has a decent Status chance. But if you're building Artemis Bow for damage, the status chance is going to be low so you're not going to be looking for procs, you'll be looking for damage. This gives you Corrosive/Fire (Grineer, Corrupted, Infested), Viral/Fire (Grineer), Radiation/Toxin (Grineer), Magnetic/Toxin (Corpus), or Gas/Cold (Corpus, Infested) which provides more damage in types they're generally not resistant to. I'd rather just be doing the damage than equip a utility mod; the most decisive Status effect in the game is dead, and that only happens due to damage.

Hammer Shot only boosts the Status chance to 32%, which is an advantage but the bulk of its usefulness is increasing Crit damage. You'd need to be running dual-stat mods for it to be really significant for procs but that drops your damage.